The Bad Mothers' Handbook Pre-Trippy *Updated 13/10 with itinerary*

all sounds great, enjoy your DD Party :thumbsup2

I don't know about you guys but this countdown seems to be taking forever....

Finally, it was Saturday 11th July and we could say '99 Days till our holiday' :cool1:

Nat, John, Ellie and Matthew arrived shortly after 11 all wearing Disney/Orlando t-shirts. Great minds think alike as we had all put Disney t-shirts on too (with the exception of Sian who was still in her pyjamas following her late night at Prom the night before).

While the ribs and chicken strips were cooking, we had time for a couple of games - Disney Bingo and Pass the Parcel.

DDDParty014.jpg

Then it was time for yummy food - you may notice there was a bit of a theme...

DDDParty006.jpg

Cornbread, by special request - first time making it, first time eating it - it was delish!

DDDParty009.jpg

Mickey cookies

DDDParty004.jpg

Ice-cream sundae toppings

DDDParty003.jpg

After lunch, we watched a few DVDs of previous visits to WDW and also a couple of planning DVDs, a couple more games of Disney Bingo and another round of Pass the Parcel.

A bit more food and a few sherbets later and it was time for cake....

DDDParty008.jpg

DDDParty029.jpg

DDDParty031.jpg

DDDParty032.jpg

Finally, the (younger) kids are despatched to bed and the Bad Mothers breathe a sigh of relief

DDDParty022.jpg

We had a great weekend and even managed to get a bit of planning done. Roll on 26th July, when we can make our ADRS :thumbsup2

Love the party!! It should be compulsory that everyone has DD party now!:)

Great update, girls. The party looked fantastic - especially the cake!

I think you will love AKL, we did, and I'm sure the kids will come around when they see the animals so close up :)

Laur's xx

Those ribs look Goooooooooood bet you had a job stopping Gary polishing off the lot. I know I would have tried. :goodvibes

Great update ladies! Those Mickey cookies are just too stinking cute.:thumbsup2

I'm excited right along with y'all, I can make my ADRs on Sunday!!!:woohoo:

Right-o bad mums, things were looking far too good at that party, watch out you don't turn into good mums ;)
Seriously, your pics have cheered me up no end, glad you had a good weekend together:grouphug:
Joh, I need the reciepe for that cornbread and I need it NOW!

The double digits party is a great idea! I think my sister and I need to do that for our trip as well. :thumbsup2

I will post the recipe for the cornbread later, however, I have to say that it is a US recipe so all the measurements are in cups. I had to guess a lot of it as I didn't have a conversion table. Still tasted OK though :thumbsup2

I will post the recipe for the cornbread later, however, I have to say that it is a US recipe so all the measurements are in cups. I had to guess a lot of it as I didn't have a conversion table. Still tasted OK though :thumbsup2

Thats okay, I have a pampered chef measuring jug which has cup sizes......:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

Only just started reading this thread - the title caught my eye!

Had such a laugh reading this at work (tut tut!) and burst out laughing about the sausage and mash comment!

I bet you can't wait to go - it sounds like a wonderful friendship and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

I go away to London for the weekend every year with my 2 best friends and we do as much planning as this! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter