Something About Nothing ... #12

Lynne- no rental car. We are pretty much confined to universal property. We took a cab for the TSO concert. Not a great experience. More on that later

I’m trying to decide if I want to venture back into the parks alone or just go back to my room and relax.

:wave2: No, I am not a night owl. Mac can attest to that. Well, most of the time. :thumbsup2:laughing:

Well, in October Lynne stayed with the private rip hhn tour until about 1:30 am

And year before that she stayed up and talked with me until about 2:15 am
AND she was an early bird with only 5 hours of sleep and at the parks early that morning

I wasn’t in the park until noon that day..seeing a sunrise not my thing

But Lynne does hit the hay early on vacation
Last October on a Saturday night, we walked to city walk together
She ordered a milkshake to go from toothsome and went back to her hotel to enjoy it there
9:00 pm and she was back in her room

Most times she has finished the parks before I even get up and in the parks

The words night owl and Lynne are rarely in the same sentence

Lynne- no rental car. We are pretty much confined to universal property. We took a cab for the TSO concert. Not a great experience. More on that later

I’m trying to decide if I want to venture back into the parks alone or just go back to my room and relax.

Do the parks solo
Buy treats as you don’t have to share them when there solo

Oh, sorry to hear about your not so great taxi ride. I will have a rental, so we can stop by on our way to the mouse on the 21st. Will be early morning though. I'll send a text and we can talk tomorrow night. And, I'm with Mac, enjoy the parks and have a snack, and people watch. It's great to be solo sometimes.

Unfortunately going back to the hotel has won for now. My back is starting to hurt, so I’m thinking some time in the hot tub will be good.
I didn’t do much shopping. I’m trying to find a gift for a friend, but haven’t found anything I think she would like. I did, however, find a wallet for myself.

If I have learned anything from this vacation it is that I am not 15 anymore and that I really need to lose weight. I could ride the HP rides, but just barely.

Chuckers - chocolate/peanut butter is my favorite food group. I have a great pie recipe if you are interested.

Interested?????

original.jpg

Unfortunately going back to the hotel has won for now. My back is starting to hurt, so I’m thinking some time in the hot tub will be good.
I didn’t do much shopping. I’m trying to find a gift for a friend, but haven’t found anything I think she would like. I did, however, find a wallet for myself.

If I have learned anything from this vacation it is that I am not 15 anymore and that I really need to lose weight. I could ride the HP rides, but just barely.

With a rest in your room, hope the back feels better and you can enjoy the rest of your trip

I lost 45 lbs this year from the TKR surgery
Was on the Coumadin diet and could not eat my normal diet
That and no appetite reason I lost weight

But could not ride Gringotts at all
Tried the last row and then moved to front row
Did the walk of shame
Lol
Could not get my leg to bend while in the seat so bar across the row was an issue

Should be fine after summer starts next year for ability to ride at Potter

Have fun on your family vacation!

Charade, I feel your pain. I also get a sore back from standing. Walking not so much. I broke my ankle many years ago and now have arthritis there. Favoring one side in my gait creates horrible back pain. I've gone to a physical therapist to ready myself for my next trip. I've got about 10 months to get my core strengthened enough and lose some weight. I fit fine but the extra weight is straining my joints and back.

Safe travels Lynn. Keep that countdown coming Chuckers.

Weather here is what you would expect for winter. More snow on the way tomorrow and Thursday with colder temps to follow. I am starting to dream of a tropical Christmas at this point.

Charade, I feel your pain. I also get a sore back from standing. Walking not so much. I broke my ankle many years ago and now have arthritis there.
I have arthritis in my knees. Oddly enough, my knees haven’t bothered me too much on this trip. My feet really hurt though.

Today has been a good relaxing day. After breakfast we decided to apply for the financing we will need for the car we are going to buy when we get back home. We were approved for almost twice what we will need. I decided to shop while the others went to Volcano Bay. I got myself a new wallet at Fossil, but didn’t see anything else I wanted. I went back to the hotel and sat in the hot tub for a while. That felt nice. I then realized I was hungry. I was going to just grab a quick snack, but instead wandered down to Jake’s American Bar. The spinach artichoke flatbread is really good. Now I am just waiting fair the others to return. We were supposed to meet with one of Dh’s friends tonight, but he cancelled. I’m thinking tonight might be a good night for Star Wars.

I’m way behind on responses to posts, so I’ll just start with today.

Keisha - I am apparently one of the few people in this world who doesn’t like A Christmas Story. I saw the movie once and just didn’t get the fascination with it.

Kstarfish - Hello. I don’t think we’ve met.

Schumi - I’m with Tom. I don’t eat calamari. Tried it once and hated it perhaps mine wasn’t cooked properly either.

Lynne - Don’t worry about the clarinet case. I’ve actually purchased a new one for B for Christmas. Unfortunately it’s on backorder. The new case is purple, her favorite color. She loves having a case that stands out from all the others.

Macraven - I hope you enjoy the HP rides next summer. I don’t ride regular roller coasters, but am okay with rides like the HP rides. I did learn not to drink a cup of Butterbeer and then go on Forbidden Journey. I didn’t get sick, but my stomach was iffy all day yesterday.

Chuckers - Enjoy the pie. I think it has become my favorite.

Agavegirl - yeah, I’m mostly okay with walking, but standing in one place too long really makes me sore. We also had to sit on the ground for Mannheim Steamroller. There was no comfortable way of doing that.

Less than 30 minutes until Volcano Bay closes. I hope dh and B had a late lunch, because I am sure I won’t be hungry for supper anytime soon.

Charade, glad you’re having a nice time......hope the back and feet get better! Love Jake’s........yes I think most folk that don’t like calamari have had bad calamari..........I don’t really cook it at home as I worry about over cooking it......it takes seconds......bit like scallops.......love them!

Not a fan of peanut butter.........one of the club lounge staff gave us desserts early one night as we never make dessert hour.......it was a chocolate peanut butter thing.........nope, not for us.........

Enjoyed some lovely wine tonight and had a taste test of some snack items for our Boxing night get together.......all in the interest of making sure they’re nice for our guests......:rolleyes1 will go buy some more tomorrow........

More shopping tomorrow.........fed up shopping now........looking forward to staying in from around midday Christmas Eve and not go out till the 27th........like a few days where we don’t leave the house........no inclination to go to sales or mobbed stores............

Bed in around an hour or so.......watching a Christmas episode of Midsomer Murders........not sure you all get it over there.......but the earlier ones are excellent!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday.......

Lynne......in case I miss you, hope you and your family have a wonderful trip.......warm weather and good food! Look forward to hearing all about it.........

Not a fan of peanut butter.........one of the club lounge staff gave us desserts early one night as we never make dessert hour.......it was a chocolate peanut butter thing.........nope, not for us.........

I'm sure we ate your share that night!

We are back to needing the air conditioning on. Two of the kids aren't loving it. I'm glad the warmer weather is back. I was struggling with the cold.

Our blockout days for Disney started earlier this week, so we're on hold for those crowds right now anyway. My kids have power passes and don't do crowds anyway so no Universal for them for a bit. I really need to pick up a couple last minute shopping things so have to decide when to brave the crowds. I'm more nervous about braving the tourists driving.

Charade - How did they like Volcano Bay? I have yet to go myself. I can get in but it's been hard to get motivated since I don't do cold and the kids don't have it on their passes.

I'm sure we ate your share that night!

Lol........I think I’m in the minority that hates peanut butter, and none of us like it in our home.......and I’m not a big fan of chocolate......although my son and husband certainly make up for that!

Ughhhhh! High temperature on Christmas day will be below zero here.

We are being predicted blizzards from hell here for Christmas........which of course may mean we have a little flurry of wind and it’ll be nice! Our forecast is rarely accurate.......it’s why I always laugh when they try and tell us what the weather will be like in 500 years.........

I do like a Christmassy scene for the day itself, but then gone as folks need to get around and such........it’s a pest then.

Why can’t I multi quote this morning???

Kohlby good luck with the shopping.......

We had some interesting experiences with locals driving this year..........so many kamikaze drivers with beaten up motors........so add in the tourists who have no clue how to drive there.........not fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter