• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Yup, it is indeed Sunday as in no motivation. I had to unpack two boxes of glassware we moved from the condo up to the lake house. We are having our family Christmas here this year since we finally have furniture. We have been remodeling it for three years, only on weekends and only in my off season for work. I do taxes. Trees are up and holiday dishes put away. Unfortunately, Sunday also means the two hour drive back to the condo near the city and saying goodbye to the tranquil wilderness lake. Boo!

Have fun Charade!

Movie was good, though thought some could have been better.

Time for errands and gas for the cars. Early morning sun, now all is gray. Still, in the low 40’s, but not much breeze, so it is cool but does not feel as cold. What will be cold is the cold rain or snow shower that will be passing over during Monday morning commute.

Have a nice Sunday.

Hi everyone. Just a quick check in. I’m the only one awake right now. Yesterday was great. We spent some time in the parks, dinner at Toothsome, and then The TSO concert. We’ve had a couple of late nights, so maybe tomorrow we will take advantage of early entry. We have nothing on the agenda today except Mannheim Steamroller concert tonight.

Glad you’re feeling better and hope you have a wonderful time at MS tonight......and the rest of your trip too......

Going to go to the new Costco. Woo to the hoo.

Lol......now that sounds like fun! Enjoy........

Yup, it is indeed Sunday as in no motivation. I had to unpack two boxes of glassware we moved from the condo up to the lake house. We are having our family Christmas here this year since we finally have furniture. We have been remodeling it for three years, only on weekends and only in my off season for work. I do taxes. Trees are up and holiday dishes put away. Unfortunately, Sunday also means the two hour drive back to the condo near the city and saying goodbye to the tranquil wilderness lake. Boo!

Have fun Charade!

That sounds like absolute bliss agavegirl..........a lake house sounds so idyllic..........definitely a place you want to be as often as possible.

We have a family cottage in the Highlands of Scotland, don’t get to it as often as we’d like as it’s a 10/12 hour drive away, but nice to have ........but having your family up at your lake house for Christmas sounds just about perfect.........

Been a lovely Sunday........all 3 of us had a lovely dinner and just sat and chatted for hours about one thing and another.........my kind of day!

Weather is not as bad as it was, almost tropical at 46F here..........better than freezing!

Tomorrow is drop off a load of presents, get some stuff for Christmas.......hope to not leave the house for 3 days......although as we’re not going to Scotland this Christmas, friends have insisted we have our traditional Boxng Day party.........they’ve been annoyed last couple of years they’ve missed it.......lol......so I said ok......everyone comes to us for a huge amount of food, drink and music.......everyone brings something too, so it’s nice. But need to get planning for food........

Christmas Day lunch/dinner for us is traditionally a big Turkey with all the trimmings......although not too many veg as it limits the amount of turkey and roasties you can eat.........lol........

Hope everyone’s having a good Sunday..........

Costco was pretty cool! Easy to get to, lots of good looking meat including lamb chops and prime beef. We used to reluctantly go to Sam's Club but now we can finally put the Waltons out of our lives for good.

Again I've been scarce. Life gets in the way. We finally got our Christmas tree today - only $5 at Lowes. Procrastination wins! This past week included a day a MK, a neighborhood cookie stroll, a friend's party, Boy Scouts award cermenony, Girl Scout meeting, husband's work party at Sapphire Falls, and seeing Book of Mormon. We had fastpasses for flight of passage one day but life got in the way so we didn't make that. So fun but it keeps me from checking in here since things like grocery shopping, laundry, and raising the kids keep me distracted too. (And this page loads really slowly for me at times). I'm hoping to get to Universal on Friday - I have some last minute Christmas shopping to do.

Ah. Costco. We loved Costco but now there isn't an easy one to get to near us. We are debating canceling our membership due to that. There's a rumor they are going to build one near me but I think that's in the three year plan, so it's anyone's guess.

Nice you came back and posted

I miss all my homies here when I don’t see them on the thread!

Can’t beat getting a tree for $5

I have friends and one relative that love Costco
I don’t have a deep freezer and have a small fridge so don’t buy in quantity anymore

Stopped two years ago from doing those large discounted stores

Let my Sams card lapse when we moved South

Have fun at the dark side Friday

Hi Kohlby. Yep, life with kids seems to keep everyone busy. Nice score on the Christmas tree. I still see quite a few for sale at the pop up stores, so seems to be more than enough supply. Nice you may get to Universal later this week. We'll be at the Mouse. I think AK or HS on Friday. Haven't checked my fast passes lately.

We have 2 Costco stores near us, and I have a card, but we tend to go to Sam's for gas, and BJ's for food. BJ's has a full deli, that the others don't. So it's nice I don't have to buy nor need three pounds of lunch meats.

Well hello not quite a warm wave. Above freezing last night, as warm air arrived earlier than thought, so rain instead of snow, and rain already now out to sea. Wet roads, and spin outs morning. Almost 50 by this afternoon, then even warmer tomorrow. Hey, Orlando area, heat wave please. Lasting 2 weeks. Hint, Hint. :sunny:

th
th
th
and
th

Finally,
our countdown:

th
. Can you tell, I'm getting excited. Can see our number for standing in SW's line tomorrow. Eek. But happy. Little one is just about packed, older one, told him again, to get luggage out and do wash, if needed. I'm sure he'll be last minute packing on Wednesday morning.

So welcome to Monday homies. :santa: Holiday fun is in the air, and have an awesome day.

Morning Peeps! Happy Monday! 1 week until Christmas! I have to get ready for my weekend with my sister.. I'll leave work early on Friday and drive right down.. it's a 3+ hour drive, so it's not too bad. Providing the weather is okay and I miss the major traffic snarls. I am sure I'll hit traffic tho, even though I hope to leave around 1pm.

@Lynne G 2 days.. wahoo!!!

20!

• The atomic number of calcium
  • The number of moves to optimally solve a Rubik's Cube
  • A standard dartboard is laid in 20 sectors
  • 20 horses are allowed in Kentucky Derby
  • The age of majority in Japan and Japanese culture
  • The international direct dial code for Eqypt
  • 20 of some thing is called a score

I will probably ride 3 or 4 score rides on my trip to Universal Orlando in 20 days!!!

20.jpg

Once our fog lifts, I can’t complain about our weather
Should hit 58 today and Wednesday will be in the 6o’s

Sweet you only have 20 days left for your trip !

Tell me again your departure date

JANUARY 7th!!! at 7:30 am!!! Set to arrive at MCO around 11 am!!!!

Last edited:
2 days Lynne!!!! Wow........I hope you get some gorgeous weather when you go........your trip has come around so quickly!

Had a lovely day today........they needed a volunteer for the pensioners lunch day in our village centre. I always volunteer to do the nursery party that’s on Thursday this week, but got a call early this morning saying 2 people had let them down, could I come in and help today as well.........of course I would, so, off I went........spent the morning cooking and setting up the hall with 4 other ladies from the church......

It was just the loveliest day. Everyone enjoyed their meals and afterwards we cleaned up and then just spent time talking to some who have no families around for the holidays........and we even had a visit from Santa......who looked vaguely familiar somehow........:rolleyes1

Really enjoyed the day.......but, no cooking tonight! Takeout pizza........

Freezing cold here this morning, but has gone not as cold this afternoon.......around 7c which is roughly 44F......

Will deliver all presents tomorrow.......tonight is feet up in front of the tv watching a Christmas movie........with a glass of wine!

Happy Monday all..........

Hi everyone. We are taking a break right now to have lunch at Mythos. I brought a jacket with me, but it’s not too cold in here today.
So far we’ve done a lot of HP stuff and most of the rides at Universal. Today we are concentrating on IOA.
Mannheim Steamroller and TSO were both excellent.
More later. Food is here.

Hi everyone. We are taking a break right now to have lunch at Mythos. I brought a jacket with me, but it’s not too cold in here today.
So far we’ve done a lot of HP stuff and most of the rides at Universal. Today we are concentrating on IOA.
Mannheim Steamroller and TSO were both excellent.
More later. Food is here.

What are you having for lunch? I think that will be first place I visit for a meal when I go.. I want the gnocci :)

I would love to have seen both those concerts.. I love their music.

Thanks for the check in Charade. We will be eating at Mythos too, so glad to hear not as cold. The one and only time we ate there, we had to leave our table every so often to warm up. Was not our favorite at that time either. Both kids were somewhat surprised I made a reservation for there. I thought we should give it a try one more time, when hopefully the air conditioner wasn't working well. You'll have to let us know what was tasty and not so tasty.

Afternoon all. Ha, one of my other siblings thought I'd be doing errands today. Yeah, right. Still will be short work week though.

The sun is out, and warming up. Loving it. So 7 day weather report says snow for Christmas Day and the day after. Better be in the 80's for us. I'm packing shorts. And another ha, older one said maybe we could take a swim at the Airport Hyatt the night we come in and stay overnight there. Oh yeah, bathing suit will be easy to pull out of the luggage.

I'm with Schumi. Tonight I'd like a glass of wine and watch a Christmas movie or show on television. Never got around to seeing the Wonder Woman movie, so we bought its DVD. Maybe I'll put that on if I can't find any holiday stuff. That and finish the 2 presents I still needed to wrap. Then older one will deliver for me tomorrow.

th
th
:rotfl::tilt:

I need more tea. Well, even coffee maybe.:fish:

Well hello not quite a warm wave. Above freezing last night, as warm air arrived earlier than thought, so rain instead of snow, and rain already now out to sea. Wet roads, and spin outs morning. Almost 50 by this afternoon, then even warmer tomorrow. Hey, Orlando area, heat wave please. Lasting 2 weeks. Hint, Hint.

When I checked the forecast yesterday, that's exactly what it said. Temps in the 70's and 80's for highs every single day for the next two weeks with low rain chances. :)

And yes - 80's for Christmas day. :) :)

What are you having for lunch? I think that will be first place I visit for a meal when I go.. I want the gnocci :)

I would love to have seen both those concerts.. I love their music.

I tried gnocci for the first time ever at Toothsome and did not like it at all. I'm not sure if I'm just not a gnocci person or if some is better than others. It was the texture I wasn't a fan of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter