• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Afternoon all...the warm Florida has returned! I got my little taste of cool weather but now it's back to Carole's weather!

Hope everyone has a great day.

I tried gnocci for the first time ever at Toothsome and did not like it at all. I'm not sure if I'm just not a gnocci person or if some is better than others. It was the texture I wasn't a fan of.

I had the gnocchi years ago at Mythos and it was awesome. In general, I haven't heard good reviews for the food at Toothsome.. if anything I would try a dessert over a main meal there.

Thanks for the kind words. Mom is hanging tough!

Saw new Star Wars on Saturday. Hated 1st third, enjoyed the rest. Split verdict here amoung my family

Grew a few new gray hairs during the Steelers game yesterday, talk about yet again bad coaching

Did anyone watch the 'live' Christmas story last night? Have it taped, wondering if worth my time.

Big hugs as always Janet......you have had an extra tough few weeks.......:hug:

And for your lovely DH too........:grouphug:

Your boy is buying?? Good luck for that......you’ll keep him right.......and I need to Google when MLK week is.....never sure when that is.........

Been such a busy day........but fun day!

Wine and Muppet Christmas Carol movie tonight...........:thumbsup2

He's a good son, has had his share of life-threatening health issues this year. Interestingly, right after our last trip in January now that i think of it - eek. That said, I'll go into shock if he pays half, or less for that matter lol

I had a laid back day.

Got up late and ordered pizza for dinner...

No housework done today...

But did a run to Walmart for Mr Mac's beer this evening.

kind of like, living on
vacation type of day here for us.

Oh for being able to buy beer @ WM or Sams. Just recently 12 pks at grocery stores but even more expensive than the beer distributors.

Hi everyone. Just a quick check in. I’m the only one awake right now. Yesterday was great. We spent some time in the parks, dinner at Toothsome, and then The TSO concert. We’ve had a couple of late nights, so maybe tomorrow we will take advantage of early entry. We have nothing on the agenda today except Mannheim Steamroller concert tonight.

Our turn for TSO on Friday night. Always gets me in the mood for Xmas, especially needed this year!

Going to go to the new Costco. Woo to the hoo.

Oh, how i wish one was closer than a 100+ mile RT drive from me.

Thanks for the check in Charade. We will be eating at Mythos too, so glad to hear not as cold. The one and only time we ate there, we had to leave our table every so often to warm up. Was not our favorite at that time either. Both kids were somewhat surprised I made a reservation for there. I thought we should give it a try one more time, when hopefully the air conditioner wasn't working well. You'll have to let us know what was tasty and not so tasty.

Afternoon all. Ha, one of my other siblings thought I'd be doing errands today. Yeah, right. Still will be short work week though.

The sun is out, and warming up. Loving it. So 7 day weather report says snow for Christmas Day and the day after. Better be in the 80's for us. I'm packing shorts. And another ha, older one said maybe we could take a swim at the Airport Hyatt the night we come in and stay overnight there. Oh yeah, bathing suit will be easy to pull out of the luggage.

I'm with Schumi. Tonight I'd like a glass of wine and watch a Christmas movie or show on television. Never got around to seeing the Wonder Woman movie, so we bought its DVD. Maybe I'll put that on if I can't find any holiday stuff. That and finish the 2 presents I still needed to wrap. Then older one will deliver for me tomorrow.

th
th
:rotfl::tilt:

I need more tea. Well, even coffee maybe.:fish:

My multitudes of crocs sitting in the closet are crying:p I wear as house shoes w/socks. Far better support than slippers on my challenging feetsies.

I tried gnocci for the first time ever at Toothsome and did not like it at all. I'm not sure if I'm just not a gnocci person or if some is better than others. It was the texture I wasn't a fan of.

I'm with you! Make it for one of my kids. Make means buy it pre-made & boil then toss sauce on it. It's a textural thing I don't appreciate. Akin to tripe, fried clams, octopus & that ilk just being too chewy but love oysters (especially Rockefeller nom).

Want to wish you a wonderful holiday trip JIK I'm tied up.

I had the gnocchi years ago at Mythos and it was awesome. In general, I haven't heard good reviews for the food at Toothsome.. if anything I would try a dessert over a main meal there.
I liked my husband's meal that day and our appetizer and drinks. We went back again with kids and everyone's food was great. I really liked the flatbread. Normally, I just go up to the bar for the chocolate beer these days though.

Yeah, we did not enjoy our food at Toothsome. We do go for the desserts though. Just use the quicker wait area and eat there or on the way back to the resort. We're done with sit down there. HeHe, I've booked the Wave at the Mouse. Little one asked if there is anything there she'd eat. Um, they have steak. Eating at the Wave approved. For Mythos, most likely she'll have the burger. Me, not sure. Older one, not sure either. But we will certainly find something that we want.

:wave2: Hey Keisha. Nice to see ya. Sending more mummy dust to Mom and DS. Both be more healthy the end of this year and next. Yeah, older one was kinda annoyed I'm making him pay for some of our trip. It's not even close to half or a third though. He's a good kid too, most of the time.

Wahoo, a warm start, 43 already, and a cloudy, gray and pink sunrise to greet us this close to 60 day. Was a dark night, as thick cloud cover. No rain until Saturday. I am hoping no rain where we'll be the next 11 days.

:dancer:One more sleep. :woohoo:Presents all packed up, and older one will drop them off later this morning. He still hasn't got his luggage out. I will not be doing wash at midnight tonight. He may be though. :D

:wave2: Mac, hope the cats are behaving. Hope you are feeling well, and healing is done. Sending mummy for you too.

:wave2: Kfish. Nice to see ya as well. Hope the family has a wonderful holiday. I bet your kids are getting big. My Chris turned 20 and time has just flown so fast.

:wave2: Kohlby, the crowds are coming, and so are we. If your around the Mouse or Harry, we can say hi.

:wave2: Tink. Hope your coffee is hot and you're having a good morning.

Good Afternoon Schumi and the other homies on the other side of the pond.

It's Tuesday. And you know what that means:

th
th

Maybe you do too. So, grab a taco or two today, and enjoy this second to last Tuesday this month, this year. Eek, where has the year gone.:confused3

:drinking1With that, I need soda. Not tea. Off to find that. :wizard:

Later homies. :coffee:

Did anyone watch the 'live' Christmas story last night? Have it taped, wondering if worth my time.

I watched it.. it was passable. some great performances, but if you're not a big fan of the original movie, you'll probably be left with a feeling of, 'well, there went 3 hours.' Jane Krakowski, Mya Rudloph, Ana Gasteyer and Chris D (the father) were all very good. Little Ralphie was enjoyable and the production value was very good. But there's just not enough there for substance, in my mind. And oddly enough, Matthew Broderick was kinda terrible. He is one of the Broadway vets in that cast and it was like he was reading from cue cards. I think the best thing about it was the live commercial for 'The Greatest Show' with Hugh Jackman and you can watch that on-line.

Yeah, we did not enjoy our food at Toothsome. We do go for the desserts though. Just use the quicker wait area and eat there or on the way back to the resort. We're done with sit down there. HeHe, I've booked the Wave at the Mouse. Little one asked if there is anything there she'd eat. Um, they have steak. Eating at the Wave approved. For Mythos, most likely she'll have the burger. Me, not sure. Older one, not sure either. But we will certainly find something that we want.

I *loved* the Wave. I booked it because it was a last minute trip and all the other places I wanted to eat had no spaces. I remember I had the lamb chops and they were awesome! I think The Wave is an underrated, often missed, restaurant. I would definitely eat there again. A little pricey, but you're in a Contemporary fine dining restaurant. I hope you enjoy it.

I will more than likely get a dessert to walk back to my hotel with from Toothsome.. I am a chocolate/peanut butter fanatic.

Happy Tuesday all!!!

pizza.jpg

Hey Kfish.........:wave2: Hope you and the little fishes are all ok........

Janet, I adore octopus, calamari and all that if done correctly......Tom claims not to like calamari after trying some that wasn't cooked correctly, ala rubber band......but gnocci is the food of the devil along with trifles of course.......lol.....English trifles of course before I get admonished!!!

Lynne.......you leave tomorrow?? We weren't keen on Toothsome either........although it may have been what we ordered.......may give it a try another visit......

Today has been almost tropical here today........almost 50F.......sun is shining and feels very pleasant........

Had a productive morning, delivered all presents to friends and posted some others, and my friends little granddaughter was over the moon to see all the presents Father Christmas had arranged for us to take to her..........I did give her 2 packs of Minion Band Aids that we brought back for her.......her mother said she`d have been happy with those instead of presents as she adores them.......lol.....think she`ll be happy with her Christmas when she opens them........

Did get some more lights for outside the house......all Ice White LED`S and replaced some of the older ones........DH was thrilled when I told him that........
...lol.....good job he loves Christmas as much as I do.

Will make a nice treat when he`s done.......has a guy helping him too so shouldn't take too long........

Hope all are good on this lovely Tuesday before Christmas...........

19!

• Is the atomic number of potassium
  • In Stephen King's 8 novel saga, The Dark Tower Series, the number 19 is prominent through out the story and become a very important and powerful key
  • The Bahai calendar is structured such that a year contains 19 months of 19 days each, as well as a 19-year cycle and a 361-year (19x19) supercycle
  • 19 is the name of Adele's debut album in 2008 because she was 19 at the time
  • The game of Go is played on a grid of 19x19 lines
  • 19 is the minimum age to marry in Nebraska
  • The 19th hole in golf is considered to be the clubhouse. In miniature golf, it's often a hole were the golfer could win a prize for a hole in one.

I will be trying the mini-golf courses at Citiwalk during my trip to Universal Orlando in 19 days!!

number19cat.jpg

Afternoon all...the warm Florida has returned! I got my little taste of cool weather but now it's back to Carole's weather!

Hope everyone has a great day.

:wave2:

Hope it doesn't get too hot for ya.........but oh my, do I love the heat ::yes::

Yep, we leave tomorrow Schumi. Cannot believe it's here so soon. So cute the little grand one likes the minions so much. Kind to give her 2 boxes. Older one is playing Father Christmas for me, as he can drive, so he's making the present deliveries for me.

And oh yes, Schumi and Metro. Hot, Hot, Hot, Lizard weather is just fine with me. Shorts and short sleeve shirts packed.

Ah, the sun is trying so hard to peak out of the clouds. Come on sun, I want to wear my sunglasses and bask in the almost Spring like temps.

Yep, we leave tomorrow Schumi. Cannot believe it's here so soon. So cute the little grand one likes the minions so much. Kind to give her 2 boxes. Older one is playing Father Christmas for me, as he can drive, so he's making the present deliveries for me.

And oh yes, Schumi and Metro. Hot, Hot, Hot, Lizard weather is just fine with me. Shorts and short sleeve shirts packed.

Ah, the sun is trying so hard to peak out of the clouds. Come on sun, I want to wear my sunglasses and bask in the almost Spring like temps.

I hope you get Lizard weather.. I'll settle for something a little more subtle on my trip :)

Love lizard weather!!!!! Looking forward to that in May and September again next year.......March, maybe not so much.......

Nice you have a delivery santa for pressies.........Kyle is at work till Friday, so I`m sure he can be chauffeur for us at some point if we go out.......the joys of a non drinker in the family!!!!

One more sleep.........

Greetings everyone. Today DH and B are off to Volcano Bay. I don’t care for water parks, so I am going to do some shopping.
Toothsome was okay. The food was good, but not outstanding. I had higher hopes for it. Mythos was better. I had the beef
Medallions and they were very good. Dh had the risotto and said it was excellent. B had a hamburger. It was pretty big. She was able to finish it but not the fries that came with it.

Lynne - I look forward to meeting you soon and picking up the clarinet. Text me whenever- as long as it isn’t the middle of the night.

Chuckers - chocolate/peanut butter is my favorite food group. I have a great pie recipe if you are interested.

Gotta run. I’ll try to check in later.

:wave2: Charade. Glad to hear you enjoyed Mythos. I don't mind a water park, so we all will be checking it out end of next week. Me too, I like chocolate and peanut flavors together. December birthdays cake was strawberry short cake. It was okay. I'd rather have chocolate. Not a cake fan or pie fan either. I'll send you a text when we check in to our hotel tomorrow night. No, I am not a night owl. Mac can attest to that. Well, most of the time. Little one is looking over the clarinet to make sure all is shiny and new looking. Sorry that the case shows a little wear. We cleaned it though. Glad to hear you are having a great time. Do you have a rental car?

Well, that mid morning cake did nothing. I'm ready for lunch. Seems a nice enough day, though it rained a little while ago, but with the sun out, not much left of the wet. Cool right now, but oh so pretty for this time of year.

Yes, Mac, sweet it is. :bounce: I have a list. Bits and things to get done before we leave. Tacos for dinner maybe.

th
. :thumbsup2:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter