Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Thursday..........

Had a thought last night I hadn't really started proper Christmas present shopping yet.........so went out this morning with a list and got the lot for friends and most of what we need for us.........over the moon!!! And all done in around 3 hours......stores weren't too bad in town so made it easier.

Just a few things to get one friend, but that's in our village........and need to parcel up mum`s and go to post office tomorrow with it and I`m sorted!!

All my friends are doing the no Christmas card thing again......we work out what we would spend on personal cards for each of us, which are so expensive......and we tally it all up and donate the equivalent to a favourite local charity.........still send to my aunt in LI and mum.........

Will get everything wrapped this weekend and then start watching Christmas movies every night..........love that!!!

Hope everyone`s having a good Thursday........

Big shout out to StL..........ky07.......where are you........hope everything`s good for you..........:wave2:

Happy Thursday homies :wave2:

Charade...hope you feel better soon :goodvibes

Chuck...your trip is less than a month away:cool1:

I was feeling so jealous of all the trips everyone has planned so I went ahead and booked one of my own for September...don't know if I will make it happen but at least I can dream of sipping cocktails on the rooftop bar at Aventura...scored a $100 dining credit too:cheer2:

It's been an eventful week here with 10 inches of snow where I work and 7 inches at home...we aren't used to this here in GA. Good news is it's all melted now and in the 60s today.

Happy travels to all who have trips in the next few weeks...drink a hot butterbeer for me and enjoy.

Hope everyone has a great day :flower1:

Thankfully the weekend is close at hand and the weather is supposed to warm up again down here. 79 on Sunday and 82 on Monday! I've had my spell of cool weather now bring back the Florida mildness!

Hi everyone. I want to be super excited about leaving tomorrow, but I am still worried. I left work early today because I was feeling bad. I went home and took a nap. I felt hot when I woke up, so I checked my temperature and it was 101.5. I took some Advil and at last check I was at 100.0. I still have an annoying cough too. I really hope this is all gone by tomorrow.

So my AP comes up for renewal 1/12 for $276. We plan to go back again early December next year. Does it make more sense to renew now for that trip, or let it expire and buy again next year for $345 and get 2 trips out of it, once next year and again in 2019? If I renew now I'm thinking of another trip next year and the time that works best as far as low crowds and our schedule would be early February. Like only 8 weeks away!

Hard one for me to answer Squirlz....

I always base my renewal on how many park days I will do in the year.

I compare it to what deals would I pay less with other retailers that sell discounted UO tickets.

I use the present deals now and add $ to my figures to guess inflated park tickets for a year in advance.

I always do a few short days, maybe 4 twice a year.
Once a year I do a long stay which ranges between 11-15 park days.
For me, that one long stay it is cheaper to have the preferred AP for park entrance

I come out ahead just in park tickets by renewing.

Additional savings for food and merch discounts are a bonus for having the AP.

If you go with renewal, you'll end up making two trips that year.
Go back in 2019, just plan for a second trip that year and you'll be ahead again...

Squirlz, yeah, always hard to decide what you will be doing in the next year. If you are relatively sure you will be doing at least 2 stays during that year, I agree with Mac, I'd renew. I just renew even with one trip, as I stay longer than a few days, and it always works out to be the better deal for me. I have the preferred too.

Ah, the Eastern sky was a deep pink orange this morning. Hello sunrise. 23 on the way in. 70 percent chance of snow at 1pm. I will be leaving early, that's for sure. Not fun to commute when it's snowing. Another 2 to 3 inches of snow by tonight. Hey, at least it is Friday, and Saturday will be a high of 40. Thank goodness.

Charade, I hope you feel much better today. I hope all is gone tomorrow too. Safe travels! 1 more night sleep! That deserves a WAHOOOOO!

5 yes 5 more sleeps for us. The beginning of next week is above freezing, and no snow to come, so we are stoked there should not be any weather delayed issues at our airport. Here's hoping where ever the plane is originating, no weather or crew issues to delay us.

Metro, so happy to hear the temperature is rising. I am hoping for 80, even mid to high 80's the next 2 weeks. I'm ready for shorts and a dip in the pool.

And,

th
th
th

Yep, can you tell? I'm happy it is Friday.

Time for tea. Cool inside, and cold outside. Have an awesome Friday, and a perfect week-end.

Later homies.

Happy Friday!!! It's 3 degrees here.. with windchill, the temperature is closer to Pluto. Definitely a hot tea morning!

@Charade67 Feel better!!! Chicken soup!!! Vitamins!!! Cold-eze!!!

Decisions, decisions.. do I pay my mortgage or do i buy my 1 day park hopper pass for WDW?

Good morning! The good news is that my fever is gone!!!! I still have a slightly sore throat and annoying cough though. I have so much I need to do today and I haven’t even started to pack yet. I think some things just won’t get done. At the very least I need to get the cat to the sitters, pay bills, and pack.

Today is my last countdown day and I’m going really geeky with this one. Bonus points to whoever gets it. How may weeks left to my vacation?

33ah0xt.jpg

Yay @Charade67!! I am so glad you're feeling better!

(I didn't get your reference, I knew the answer, but not the reference.. so I cheated :)

Taking a break for lunch. I decided chicken noodle soup would be good. So far today I have washed 2 loads of sheets and towels, went to Kroger to get food for Christmas dinner (didn’t want to be shopping a day ot 2 before Christmas), taken the cat to the sitter, stopped at Walmart to get a gift card for my mom (She is impossible to shop for), and gotten most of my packing done.

I am so far behind on posting and really don’t have the time to catch up. I just want to say a big thank you for all of the well wishes. Now if this cough would just go away I would feel great.

Where did the morning go? It’s 12:15 and I pick Bup from school at 3:35. Too much to do between now and then.

23!

• The atomic number of vanadium
  • The Birthday Paradox states that with in a group of 23 (or more) randomly chosen people, there is a greater than 50% chance that two of them will share the same birthday
  • Human sex cells have 23 chromosomes, all other human cells have 46 chromosomes set in 23 pairs
  • Psalm 23 is the most known and quoted psalm (The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want...)
  • On the cover of The Beatles album, Yellow Submarine, '23' is displayed on the chest of one of the Blue Meanies
  • Michael Jordan's primary jersey number was 23
  • Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times. Ouch.
  • X-23 is a Marvel X-Men character. She is the 23 attempt to make a Wolverine clone

Speaking of X-Men, I am going to ride Storm Force Accelatron.. even though it will probably make me barf! In 23 days, I want to try and experience every thing UO has to offer!

twenty-three.jpg

Taking a break for lunch. I decided chicken noodle soup would be good.
I hope you feel better. Last Friday I made Chicken and Dumplings in the crock pot and it was actually pretty good. The whole house smelled of Chicken Soup.

Drive by :wave2:

An interesting month, trip was grrrreat (especially SW holiday festivities, i gotta a new thang going on with a certain Beluga Whale:love2:). Still don't like SSR:rolleyes1

Came home to my poor mom suffering a multitude of strokes a few days after we got home. Was truly tough & go for a bit. Breaks my heart to see how she has morphed from such a strong woman. She's working dilligently to regain full use of her afflicted arm but more confused than her baseline, a mighty rough road indeed

Just home from hospital with DH, who had a medical procedure today. Doing well, being bad patient who want to go shovel snow. I may finally learn how to operate the snow blower this weekend.

My spare time has been spent dusting off my realtor hat and touring properties with Jr who is itching to buy his first home & planning a ride-along with middle DS who again has an semi pro championship football game in Daytona over MLK weekend.

Will read thread back in spurts while i can, hope all are well.

For those getting ready to roll on down to MCO :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter