September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

With all the activities we'll be trying to schedule, I do suggest looking at the movie schedule they have in the first Navigator. They only showed "A Light Between Two Oceans" once on our voyage, so I made the special effort to see it that night at 11.

Things are moving along in getting ready for this cruise:

our to do list 5 wks ago:

get CAN $
Finish FE's / Candy Exchange incl. labels and pkg.
verify Cap One card is free of hidden foreign exchange fees.
reconfirm non-roaming T-Mobile cell coverage in CAN.
finalize tour route/van payment/pick up details with Laila.

coordinate group time/meet location for private tour.

figure out the weather
pack - incl passports and FE

I’m going to start packing later this week when the forecast is more accurate.
Almost finished the gift exchanges.

Printed out the online signature form and noticed Pirates Night is listed as a ship activity on Day 3.

9 days to go!

I am trying to change my Palo to Pirate night, but no luck so far. It will be something I will keep checking.

I have finished my exchanges.

Belle now needs the ramp to get into Tom's car, that greatly cuts down what we can transport to NJ. We just may bring both cars.

I am trying to change my Palo to Pirate night, but no luck so far. It will be something I will keep checking.

I have finished my exchanges.

Belle now needs the ramp to get into Tom's car, that greatly cuts down what we can transport to NJ. We just may bring both cars.

I hope you guys can figure out the space and avoid taking the two cars. How long is the drive?

With all the activities we'll be trying to schedule, I do suggest looking at the movie schedule they have in the first Navigator. They only showed "A Light Between Two Oceans" once on our voyage, so I made the special effort to see it that night at 11.

Don't forget that there will be a lot of special activities we've yet to find out about.

(darn autocorrection)

Last edited:
why does it feel like I'm not going to have enough time on this little cruise?

JQ never wants to miss a flick and has gotten me to agree to many a late night showing. I'll never forget the time he and his brother twisted my arm to see the Lone Ranger. Half way thru the movie I hear his brother snoring, 10 mins later my DH is joining him. What's not to love about a cruise. Too Funny!

My BIL is joining us on the 7nt Fantasy next year so we'll see if an encore is in order.

bobbi - I'm happy Tom is trying to get you all in the one vehicle. That's a long drive.

Tom made it through about a third of BFG before he left because he was falling asleep. However, he went another time and enjoyed the movie as much as I did.

Things are moving along in getting ready for this cruise:

our to do list 5 wks ago:

get CAN $
Finish FE's / Candy Exchange incl. labels and pkg.
verify Cap One card is free of hidden foreign exchange fees.
reconfirm non-roaming T-Mobile cell coverage in CAN.
finalize tour route/van payment/pick up details with Laila.

coordinate group time/meet location for private tour.

figure out the weather
pack - incl passports and FE

I’m going to start packing later this week when the forecast is more accurate.
Almost finished the gift exchanges.

Printed out the online signature form and noticed Pirates Night is listed as a ship activity on Day 3.

9 days to go!
Thanks for,the reminder about the signature form I need to print that today. We Leave Friday morning as we are coming in early, so,yikes lots to do in just a few days, I have suitcases open on the floor & am throwing things in as I come across them that we need to take. Need to get it organized by Wednesday.

I picked up my snack exchange stuff late last week - we will be putting those together in NYC before we head over to the ship since we are flying in.

We leave on Friday as well. Tom and I pick up Patricia in Philly on Sunday. She'll spend 2 nights in our Cape May home, and we'll spend 1 night in NYC together!

Hello, very excited for the upcoming member cruise. was just curious if there is going to be a fish extender exchange, my family and I are really interested in joining an exchange and for any other fun events planned. Also are there any themed nights on the member cruises and if anyone knows how do member cruises differ from regular DCL cruises. This is my first DVC member cruise and very excited!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter