September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

I am trying to figure out how folks have time for movies - on the Alaska member cruise, we were so busy with the special happenings that we never had time for a movie.
I've been known to miss dinner in the MDR to see a movie I would enjoy on a MC!
The only event I am sorry I have missed was the comedy show 2 years ago. I got to the theater too late for seating!

That's because you won't have enough time. Four days is never enough time on a Disney Cruise even without all the extra activities. I'm ready for FUN!

I am trying to figure out how folks have time for movies - on the Alaska member cruise, we were so busy with the special happenings that we never had time for a movie.

JQ never wants to miss any Fun and tends to drag me to late screenings.

The theatres typically look like this:

Here we are on the Magic

IMG_0854_zpshwdp0alq.jpg

and here we are on the Dream. So no need to get there early for the good seat! :rotfl:

732011%20578_zpsojmsqups.jpg

JQ never wants to miss any Fun and tends to drag me to late screenings.

The theatres typically look like this:

Here we are on the Magic

and here we are on the Dream. So no need to get there early for the good seat! :rotfl:
thanks for sharing the pics - the theatres are beautiful! I will have to see if we can work in a movie this time. I think I saw somewhere that the Halloween cruises include a Nightmare before Christmas showing = I imagine that will be popular.

thanks for sharing the pics - the theatres are beautiful! I will have to see if we can work in a movie this time. I think I saw somewhere that the Halloween cruises include a Nightmare before Christmas showing = I imagine that will be popular.
If there is one, it should be in the Walt Disney Theater. On our Sept 5th cruise, it was the first night at 10:45.
Do we know this is a Halloween themed cruise?

If there is one, it should be in the Walt Disney Theater. On our Sept 5th cruise, it was the first night at 10:45.
Do we know this is a Halloween themed cruise?
I think so - page 12 in my cruise docs shows Halloween on the High Seas.

How beautiful is that. Definitely jacket and jeans weather today. I will plan for that next week.
Seems similar to packing for Alaska.

How beautiful is that. Definitely jacket and jeans weather today. I will plan for that next week.
Seems similar to packing for Alaska.
I'd agree -looking ahead at the weather predictions, lows of 49 & highs of 61. It will be cooler on Canada.

Peggy's Cove, Canada Weather
9:38 am ADT
Description
High/Low Precip Wind Humidity UV Index Sunrise Sunset

Today Sep 21

Partly Cloudy

69° / 59° 10% WSW 11 mph 78% 5 of 10 7:02 am 7:13 pm
partly-cloudy.png

Fri Sept 30

Partly Cloudy

61° / 53° 20% W 10 mph 74% 5 of 10 7:13 am 6:55 pm

partly-cloudy.png

Last edited:
I think so - page 12 in my cruise docs shows Halloween on the High Seas.

Somebody reported that those docs went to us by mistake. People who received more recent docs got them without the Halloween on the High Seas references.

Somebody reported that those docs went to us by mistake. People who received more recent docs got them without the Halloween on the High Seas references.

Wonder who is reporting this and if they checked the right page. Safe to say I'm probably among the last to receive the docs.
Halloween activities are definitely still listed page 12.

membercruise%20bk1_zpsftadz0ae.jpg

IMO this doesn't look to be an oversight, given how it really stands out in print.
I'm curious if the ship will be decorated. Since she's coming in from a WBTA, are we the first Magic cruise with Halloween?
Now I'm wondering if this could be more of a training exercise - similar to that Frozen on deck party during our Alaskan Cruise.

Last edited:
In looking at the DCL website, under Gifts & Amenities, it says that Halloween cabin decor packages can be ordered for Magic sailings starting September 28 which is our sail date...not sure how much Halloween we will get but it seems as if we will get something.

I like the subtle decorations around the ship for Halloween, and the Pumpkin tree story is interesting.

I've been to Peggy's Cove and that picture really makes me aching to get there again. The little town area is so pretty, really like a movie set, just perfect.

In looking at the DCL website, under Gifts & Amenities, it says that Halloween cabin decor packages can be ordered for Magic sailings starting September 28 which is our sail date...not sure how much Halloween we will get but it seems as if we will get something.

Wow - I was so disappointed when I saw ur thread that we may not have Halloween on this cruise. :worried: After we got the booklet, we got costumes and my DD was so excited! Anyway, had to call DCL to put in an order and asked. Had a wonderful person who at first said their info was that HOTHS didn't start til 10/2 cruise, but she checked with her supervisor and he/she said they just found out that it starts with the 9/28 cruise! So, Halloween it is!:dogdance:

Wonder who is reporting this and if they checked the right page. Safe to say I'm probably among the last to receive the docs.
Halloween activities are definitely still listed page 12.

membercruise%20bk1_zpsftadz0ae.jpg

IMO this doesn't look to be an oversight, given how it really stands out in print.
I'm curious if the ship will be decorated. Since she's coming in from a WBTA, are we the first Magic cruise with Halloween?
Now I'm wondering if this could be more of a training exercise - similar to that Frozen on deck party during our Alaskan Cruise.

I tried to find the discussion. Basically they called DCL and was told the docs with the Halloween info was sent out by mistake. If you look at the DCL site it even says that the days for the Magic are October 2nd through the 29th

I suppose this is something we won't know until we are on the ship. Calling DCL does not necessarily mean you get the right information. I was given a list of 15 movies that will be shown next week on the Magic! Look at post #635, so DCL has said yes to Halloween for us, and has also said no.

At any rate, I am really getting psyched!

I tried to find the discussion. Basically they called DCL and was told the docs with the Halloween info was sent out by mistake. If you look at the DCL site it even says that the days for the Magic are October 2nd through the 29th

yeah. I'm going to assume that's probably because DVC chartered the Magic and therefore it's never been a cruise listed on the DCL site. Their first sail after the WBTA is technically Oct 2.

I'm comfortable relying on what the booklet states. That would be a major proofread error. The CM's certainly have the time to run a few halloween festivities - esp. on the first night which if I'm not mistaken was when Bobbi's Dream cruise held the adult costume party.

The DVC events usually don't begin until day 2.

JQ wants to pack mad hatter hats and wear them in the theatre for the late show. We use them a lot for Halloween parties in the park.
Mine's themed after the Nightmare before Christmas. I'm seriously considering it.

yeah. I'm going to assume that's probably because DVC chartered the Magic and therefore it's never been a cruise listed on the DCL site. Their first sail after the WBTA is technically Oct 2.

I'm comfortable relying on what the booklet states. That would be a major proofread error. The CM's certainly have the time to run a few halloween festivities - esp. on the first night which if I'm not mistaken was when Bobbi's Dream cruise held the adult costume party.

The DVC events usually don't begin until day 2.

JQ wants to pack mad hatter hats and wear them in the theatre for the late show. We use them a lot for Halloween parties in the park.
Mine's themed after the Nightmare before Christmas. I'm seriously considering it.
Yes, the first night was the initial story of the Pumpkin tree. It continued on the second night, and it was the second night that had kids trick or treating during the day, another round of Pumpkin tree stories and Halloween costume party for adults around 11 that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!