SDV Orlando August 27 -30 2009

Drinks were not provided. BAMB stopped on her way from the airport and picked up a case of water and a few odds and ends as snacks. Being that we will be at the Contemporary, I would imagine I will get a refillable mug this year too.

The food, I thought was great. It is served buffet style, so you certainly have a choice.

We do request that the DIS scrappers sit together. Last year we were all within a few tables next to each other.

I think there were water coolers set up outside in the hallway and maybe coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't know that for sure. But I'm pretty sure about the water.
I plan on doing a grocery stop again this year.

The food was good, there were different choices and I think there was a little bit for everyone.

About a month or 2 before the crop I email a list of people to Nancy Bohrer, the owner of dream events. When you book your package there is a space asking for names of table mates too.

I'm in for this year--I think. I'm struggling because the 28th is Emma's 6th birthday, but I may just have DH drive out with her so she can get her free bday gift card and I can visit with her and do something special before I get back to scrapbooking.

I'll check with my roomies and see who is in for this year.

That would be so special for Emma! Let me know when you decide, we have time. I'll email Nancy B with a table list in July.

I just registered for Early Bird Weekend 2D, just waiting for confirmation.

>>The food, I thought was great. It is served buffet style, so you certainly have a choice.<<

Unless they do a completely custom meal- youll have plenty of choice usually with 2+ meat choices 2+ non meat choices and a variety of sides.. If you go hungry from a Contemp Conv buffet its your own fault :)

I'm getting more and more tempted to do atleast a day if not 2.. I dont think Ill have enough stuff to scrap more days than that :)

When is the latest we can sign up?

I know the full payment is due June 22nd, but that's if you are paying installments. I honestly don't know when you need to book by.

here is nancy's email, she could tell you for sure when the last date of registration is.

Nancy@dreameventsinc.com

146 days till SDV!!!! just thought I'd mention it ;)

I am now having a hard time... do we extend our trip and arrive early with the free dining and add the SDV to my trip or just stick with the SDV as is???? DH left it up to me..... :confused3

When were you originally planning on coming down?

And are you driving or flying?

If you tack on a few extra days you could spend some quality time with DH and then hang with us a bit more when the rest of us get there.

Is the free dining worth the cost of more hotel days?

Just checked airfare. $266 on Southwest, 344 on Delta.

Is anyone here still thinking about going and wanting a roommate or should I try to find one on the SDV boards?

Rebecca

Is anyone here still thinking about going and wanting a roommate or should I try to find one on the SDV boards?

Rebecca

Rebecca, which package were you considering? I really want to go this year; I wasn't able to go last year and regretted it.

Rebecca there was a girl on the SDV boards looking for a roomie. I was going to suggest you but wasn't sure how you felt about sharing with someone you don't know.

Rebecca, which package were you considering? I really want to go this year; I wasn't able to go last year and regretted it.

It doesn't really matter to me- as I will be driving in-I don't know that I felt like having Sunday was worth it but it doesn't really matter to me. Last year I did the Friday through Sunday. I can go anytime as I am not tied down to a job or anything where I have to be here.

Rebecca

I'm definitely out for this year - it would be too difficult to get the time off. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures though!

It doesn't really matter to me- as I will be driving in-I don't know that I felt like having Sunday was worth it but it doesn't really matter to me. Last year I did the Friday through Sunday. I can go anytime as I am not tied down to a job or anything where I have to be here.

Rebecca

Me neither - and I'll be driving in too. I was thinking of Friday - Sunday morning. In 2007 I had the package through 3:00 pm Sunday but left by noon because I was so tired! I'm on my way out the door right now but I'll send you a PM later today :)

We are doing the Friday to Sunday session too. Sunday the vendors offered some steep discounts that day.

YAY! I'm all registered, approved, and "deposited" :goodvibes

Hey everyone! I'm one of Diana's roommates from last year! We're trying to decide on everything, but I'm definitely going! I was getting a bit concerned, because I'm a teacher, and thought that this was going to be during the first week of school, but it'll be the 2nd week, and I think that I can convince my director that I need that Friday off.

I'm going to subscribe to this thread, so that maybe I can keep in touch better than last year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter