SDV Orlando August 27 -30 2009

we are going to be at wdw the weekend of the event, and staying at bay lake towers, dvc contemporary, can you participate in day events or do I have to buy whole package?

we are going to be at wdw the weekend of the event, and staying at bay lake towers, dvc contemporary, can you participate in day events or do I have to buy whole package?

There are some "local" packages that don't include hotel room. :thumbsup2

Now that our Prof Dev dates have been announced, I won't make it to SDV. Teachers go back the week of Aug 24th and school begins on Sept 1st.. I can't believe they have moved us up into Aug.

waiting for our PD dates was keeping me from registering too, but when they were announced I can squeeze it in leaving early sunday morning. hopefully the dates for 2010 will work out better:wizard:

Sorry Bamb - thanks Lisa!! I'll pretend to be surprised, really I will!! I am so happy you'll be there Bamb!! Caroline :cool1:
Can you imagine the nerve of my city interrupting with a scrapping trip to WDW? That means, after summer school is over, i have a 2 week vacation!!!....and not one at WDW either. This means I better live it up at WDW next month.

So I'm thinking about doing CafePress for the T-shirts this year. What do we want to say? Do we have a name? If we do Cafepress we can't have a mickey on it, so what do we want? Or would you rather have a Mickey and we make our own?

Has anyone coughed up the money for a Yudu yet? :):):)

a what??

do you mean me do it again? I don't know, I wasn't happy with the way they turned out last time. Darn perfectionist in me. LOL

Has anyone coughed up the money for a Yudu yet? :):):)

A Yudu is a personal machine that will do the silkscreening. ACM was advertising one for about $279.

I personally loved our shirts last year, and wouldn't mind seeing the same just with 2009 on it instead of 2008. We received so many compliments. But I will do whatever the group goes for on the shirts. Cafe Press does a good job.

As far as our character meal, how about breakfast at 1900 Park Faire? That way we can just take the monorail over.

Cafe press does do a good job - I love my "economy" Cape Cod Shirt.

Chances are I'm not going to attend this event either. B wants to go to the Magic Meet in Pennsylvania and visit Hershey Park, which is the first weekend in August. We have to budget our travel funds since we're doing the back to back cruises in November.

A Yudu is a personal machine that will do the silkscreening. ACM was advertising one for about $279.

I personally loved our shirts last year, and wouldn't mind seeing the same just with 2009 on it instead of 2008. We received so many compliments. But I will do whatever the group goes for on the shirts. Cafe Press does a good job.

As far as our character meal, how about breakfast at 1900 Park Faire? That way we can just take the monorail over.

Hmmm, could we use the same design on the Yudu? Looked at the tutorial and it seems easy enough, lengthy process but still cool. I would have to figure out how the separate the colors on the images to do the multilayered pic. We'll need to discuss more.

1900 is fine with me, do we still want to do breakfast or maybe dinner? We also have Ohana or Chef Mickeys on the loop. Non character could be Kona but I know they have limited seating. Don't know the names of the new places at CR.

Cafe press does do a good job - I love my "economy" Cape Cod Shirt.

Chances are I'm not going to attend this event either. B wants to go to the Magic Meet in Pennsylvania and visit Hershey Park, which is the first weekend in August. We have to budget our travel funds since we're doing the back to back cruises in November.

thought about going to Magic Meets but we will probably still be in Ohio at that point if we go for summer.

I'm in for 1900 or Ohana - I think there is more of a food selection at 1900 but I love them both. :love:

I vote for breakfast- I like don't care which character meal but would prefer that since DH tries his best to avoid them. Chef Mickey's will probably be the most crowded even first thing in the morning- I like getting the earliest reservation of the day- so we get better interaction.

Rebecca

If we have a big group, grand gathering size, we'll get the earliest or latest breakfast ressie, I would prefer earliest. I can't believe I said that out loud! LOL
Grand Gathering ADR's can be made now, and 90 days out can be done on May 28th.

I prefer breakfast too. After all we get our dinner included in the package. Why pay for two dinners and only eat one? I agree Chef Mickey is going to be crowded with SDV at the Contemporary, that is why I suggested 1900 Park Faire.

Bamb, could you make an ADR this week? I am going to need the whole week to get over you want the first ressie of the morning.:rotfl2:

I prefer breakfast too. After all we get our dinner included in the package. Why pay for two dinners and only eat one? I agree Chef Mickey is going to be crowded with SDV at the Contemporary, that is why I suggested 1900 Park Faire.

Bamb, could you make an ADR this week? I am going to need the whole week to get over you want the first ressie of the morning.:rotfl2:

not really, until we know who is coming. I don't want to have to call several times. I don't think it will be to hard to get a ressie since it's after the 4/3 deal is over and after most schools are in session.

Oh and double check with DD's school, even though CT went to after labor day start, mom's school is sticking with Aug 26th, according to the secretary anyway. So it might just be me going if the office has accurate info. I said to check with the Superintendent.

A couple questions for you SDV pro's! :worship: Obviously, you all had a lot of fun, otherwise you wouldn't go back for more.

How do you travel to WDW with all your scrap'n toys? Can you check your Crop bags? Do you preplan pages to try to minimize your baggage...give me some of your best thoughts on air travel scrap'n? :confused3

I've done a w/e crop about 3 hours from my house, so obviously airline restrictions and care wasnt an issue. It's been a couple years since our first & last weekend crop and I am trying real hard to talk my girls into this trip. I tried last year too, but was unsuccessful....as everyone was concerned with the cost. I am a DVC member, so am trying to entice them with a visit to my home away from home!!! :rolleyes: If this doesn't work, I may have to find new friends to scrap with. :sad2: I am also curious about the meals, drinks, and vendor faire. Can you share your thoughts and experiences on these very important 3 areas as well?

TIA Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Micaela
:tink:

A couple questions for you SDV pro's! :worship: Obviously, you all had a lot of fun, otherwise you wouldn't go back for more.

How do you travel to WDW with all your scrap'n toys? Can you check your Crop bags? Do you preplan pages to try to minimize your baggage...give me some of your best thoughts on air travel scrap'n? :confused3

I've done a w/e crop about 3 hours from my house, so obviously airline restrictions and care wasnt an issue. It's been a couple years since our first & last weekend crop and I am trying real hard to talk my girls into this trip. I tried last year too, but was unsuccessful....as everyone was concerned with the cost. I am a DVC member, so am trying to entice them with a visit to my home away from home!!! :rolleyes: If this doesn't work, I may have to find new friends to scrap with. :sad2: I am also curious about the meals, drinks, and vendor faire. Can you share your thoughts and experiences on these very important 3 areas as well?

TIA Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Micaela
:tink:

Some people have checked their crop bags but I would not check your photos, just in case your luggage gets lost. I actually ship my tools and carry on my papers and pictures.

here is what I wrote last year about planning:
Tools - I ship all of my tools. Now when I say all I mean stuff I use all the time. So between now and then look at what you use daily and write it down.
There will be enough of us there though that I'm sure we will have at least one of everything.

Supplies - I kit everything in advance I don't cut all my mats and tags but I do gather my pics, find paper to go, and find embellies. If I have room I will bring some extra stuff with me. There are tons of vendors there so you will be able to find what you need. They also have this thing called scrapper in need. The SDV people will get on the mic and say "HELLO" to which we answer back "hello" it's really funny. Anyway they will announce scrapper in need and then say what you need. People bring an amazing amount of stuff so I'm sure someone will have what you are looking for.
They also have a table set up in the front where people put stuff they don't want. At least that's what it looked like to me.

here is a link to the Dream Events Faq, very helpful:

http://www.dreameventsinc.com/faqdetail.cfm?ID=20&CATID=1

What do you want to know about meals? Depending on the package you will get different meals, the package I got last year had 3?? dinners and breakfast on Sunday. Drinks, non alcoholic are included with your meals. You can have drinks at the tables but they need to be in the cup holder thing. I usually keep a water bottle with a cap with me.

The vendor faire is awesome!! Lots of papers, the latest products, anything you will forget is there. Some places do take credit cards. It's probably best to set a limit on what you want to spend, and since you are flying you will need to limit purchases due to space, or leave room on the way down.

And don't worry if you come alone you will leave with about 500 friends!!

Some people have checked their crop bags but I would not check your photos, just in case your luggage gets lost. I actually ship my tools and carry on my papers and pictures.

here is what I wrote last year about planning:

here is a link to the Dream Events Faq, very helpful:

http://www.dreameventsinc.com/faqdetail.cfm?ID=20&CATID=1

What do you want to know about meals? Depending on the package you will get different meals, the package I got last year had 3?? dinners and breakfast on Sunday. Drinks, non alcoholic are included with your meals. You can have drinks at the tables but they need to be in the cup holder thing. I usually keep a water bottle with a cap with me.

The vendor faire is awesome!! Lots of papers, the latest products, anything you will forget is there. Some places do take credit cards. It's probably best to set a limit on what you want to spend, and since you are flying you will need to limit purchases due to space, or leave room on the way down.

And don't worry if you come alone you will leave with about 500 friends!!

Are drinks provided, like water & coffee? It wasnt very clear in the FAQ. And are the meals very good....we can be picky eaters. That's usually the first question that gets asked....what's for dinner! :lmao: All the 'local pkgs' appear to include the meals for the dates choosen.

I'm not sure DH would want me to go by myself but I might be tempted if the girls tell me NO. :goodvibes I guess I will have to have that talk with him in the next few days if the girls won
t commit!

Do the DISers all try to sit in the same area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter