SDV Orlando August 27 -30 2009

Good for him for making it that far!!! and how nice that he has his own fan club!!! i bet they had lots of fun. can't wait to hear more about it!

I'm wishing I was there more and more. Course My house would be trashed and It would take me months to clean it but scrappin at disney Waaa i wanna go.

Ya know Christy I said to Jennifer the other day, i don't know if i could scrap while i was at WDW! i'd be thinking i need to be taking pics at the castle and stuff. and i'd be afraid i'd miss the parks too much??
so i was thinking after i read your post about this and thought how much fun it would be for all of us to be there and do the parks during the day and they scrap in the middle of the night! there's the solution!!!! could you only imagine all the fun we would have in the parks, let alone scrapping at night?!

only in my dreams..........

Holly you're right I don't get very many chances to go to disney that I'd never be able to scrap during the day. then again If I took a week before and then a few days after I might be able to give up a few days. We just need to all win the the lottery and we'd be all set.

Congrats to ZTH's DBF for making it as far as he did. I bet that was so fun!!!! And, how great to have DIS gals there to cheer him on. Cool!!!!!

Oh wow, how fun! I can't wait to hear more about it and see some pictures!

As much as I'd love to go, I just can't see myself getting much done in the scrapping arena, I'd be thinking about the castle, and seeing Pooh, and all the fun stuff. It would be SOOOO fun to be there with a group of friends though! I'm sure next year isn't possible, but maybe 2011 ;)

Jennifer
I'm with you mine would be at least 2011 I've got to get a job. So I can save some money aside. I keep saying that I'm going to open a vacation account and just put money out of my check right into it and I never have done it.
I so need a disney break and the boys need to go again before they totally stop believing. Levi's in 6th how much longer do I really have.

At the airport in Orlando now.
Should be boarding soon, plane was a little late coming in.
We are tired but had a blast!

We have some *ahem* interesting stories to tell. Be home soon!

ok lets all start saving for 2011! that should give us plenty of time to save up for it. -if i stop buying scrap stuff that is!;)

we are really hoping to go next year. *fingers crossed*

can't wait to hear about all the fun all of you had.

I am home! I had a wonderful time- Jennifer was a fantastic roommate!

Since I get to the parks all the time I don't worry about going to them during SDV- I know Lisa and Buffy come in a few days early and do the parks.

Pam- your pictures are fanastic! I will need to get some of those pictures from you I hardly tooka picture.

After youth tonight I will try to start a trip report.

Rebecca

Friday morning I got up at 5am and packed the car and left about 6:30am. I arrived at the Contemporary about 8:30 and checked in (it took some time since the room was under J&J's name and i couldn't remember the last name). The room wasn't ready but I did find out we were upgraded to the tower on the 6th floor.

I headed over to the crop room to finish unloading my car and saw Buffy, Lisa, Mom K, Mom E, and Pixiedust4ever. It took a couple of trip sto bring in all my stuff (since there were no bellmen to be found). I parked and headed back in to set-up. I knew J&J wouldn't be rriving until about 10 or later so I took a bit of time arranging things for myself (after switching seat with J&J so i could have the end)- I had things that were hanging plus it made it better for our make and takes.- Thankful Jennifer had plenty of room in her new spot.

Pixiedust4ever headed off to breakfast at Chef Mickey's and we worked for awhile till the others had class (at 10). I had forgotten all my journaling pens so after completing everything but journalling in my puppy books and headed around to find a pen- I walked the perimeter of the room to each of the open vendors and on number 8 I found someone who had pens they thought worked (they told me to return them if they didn't). I returned to my seat and finished up Sultan's book.

As I finished up Jennifer arrived (my DH drove over and dropped her off) with her pile of drawers and such and we coutinued working. About 11am Pixiedust4ever and MinnieAnn returned from Chef Mickey's to start working as well, not too long after that Buffy, Lisa, Mom E, and Mom K returned from their class a bit disappointed and angry about it. Lisa asked to drop the photo class for the net day since she felt it was such a waste of time. A little later we headed up to lunch at the Contempo Cafe (good food and fairly quick- it is another place that has touch screen ordering systems- I like that you can order it without some things on it easily at the screen- although Jennifer found that you can't order it on anything but multigrain bread until you get to the cashier. Lunch was very good and soon after we returned to the scrap room.

Buffy and Lisa were a little upset to find we had a room in the tower (since there's was out on the back porch of the Wilderness Lodge as Mom E put it). They will have to tell you about the room problem that got them there- I figured Disney was making up for my room in Timbuktu at the Yatch Club last year (that had the added bonus of being cleaned about 4pm).

Back in the scrap room we exchanged a few little gifts people had gotten for others in the group and got to work on scrapping (or trying to shop- the overall conclusion was that not much interested us that much). Scott kept stopping by for chats (see some of Tubachick's photos above). Around 4pm I checked my phone and found a voicemail that had our room number- Jennifer and I stopped by to have our luggage brought up (I wasn't willing to drag the tote of swaps upstairs myself) and then headed up to check out our view. We had a nice view of the pool and Bay Lake. After our luggage arrived and we unpacked for a bit - Jennifer and I headed back down to scrap and worked until we headed to dinner.

I will continue my tale later- after dinner we did some of our make and takes as you saw in pictures above.

Rebecca

okay so most of you have landed and slept how long do we have to wait for the stories? Some of us are dying here to hear all about it.

Something from earlier in the day that I had forgotten- My first project was Sultan's book- I had everything done but the pictures and journaling so when everyone came in: Jennifer at 10:30 and Pixiedust4ever and Minnie Ann at 11ish I was finished (just as well I had finished when Jennifer came in as I was using her area to let pages with wet spots on them dry). Once I finished those I went on to a variety of pages from a trip to mom and dad's last Feb - most of which were also using completed pages- so Pixiedust4ever asked me how many pages I had done and I said 30- she just looked at me- I added that all but 4 pf the pages were completed and just lacked journalling, pictures, and sometimes a title. So then she said- so you have really done 4 pages- through the weekend when I listed my count for her it would be so many pages and so many of them are real pages.

Dinner Friday night was Ceasar Salad, Mashed Potatoes with saffron and Assiago cheese (I didn't eat them because of the cheese), Pork with peppers and onions (pork was very good even though I don't like oinions, halibut (very spicy), and season grilled vegtables (I didn't care for the flavor- a little vinageary for me). Dessert was Red VCelvet Cake, and Key Lime Tarts (both were excellent). We enjoyed laughing and getting to know each other more over dinner.

We had decided to do our first make and takes- the tags after dinner. I cleared off my spot and put down newspaper and wax paper (I had choosen to do some tags with products people may not have used that I had to give everyone a chance to use them- plus they made for great fun).

Picxiedust4ever had generously donated the tags for us to use- we are already planning for next year with breakfast at O'Hanas for those that will be added to the group. First we did Alice- we painted the edges of the tag with Crackle Paint in China Blue and then sprinkled some flower soft around it (since I had forgotten the tacky glue we used the paint to hold it on). Then we set that one to dry and started on the mad hatter tag. For the background on the tag we used some distress inks- I took the pads and patted them down on wax paper and then was going to squirt them with water (I forgot a squirt bottle but I jsut sprinkled them with water from the water bottle instead). Then we pressed our tags down onto the ink to get splotches of color across the tag. As we let that we worked on Mary Poppins- we used a spray called Ritzy Ditzy Glitz (in Garnet) that is similar to glimmer mist but the effects are a bit stronger (the color stays brighter and the glimmer is more distinct was the overall feeling of the table but I have only used glimmer midst once and that was on dark paper- I never bought any because I have 12 colors of this already from before glimmer midst came out- I need to start adding it to swaps again- you know how you just forget about things you have).

By the time everyone had finished spraying their tags the Alice tags were dry- we added some flocked blue flower paper across the bottom and some yellow and blue flowers onto the tag with. We finished the tags with yellow fiber in the hole (the stuff with the pieces of yran hanging down. Alice liked them- she asked if we had picked the flowers because they called us weeds too- I said yes and she was glad we had done so- since they were so rude.

We continued on with the mad hatter tags- making our hats- I had cut top hats from glossy cardstock on the cricut. We used alcohol inks to paint them in various bright colors. We added those and some bright colored paper (if wanted) on the tags and finished it with some bright colored fiber with mini pompoms on it. The Mad Hatter loved the hats on the tags and comented on them.

We finished off the Mary tags with 2 rows of lace and some flowers- to make the flowers we punched them from red paper and then used glossy accents to make them into epoxy flowers before gluing them onto the tag. We added black fiber (same as the yellow) to those tags to finish them.

Minnie Ann had designed our Tigger Tags- She had these tiger print stamp that we used on orange paper with black ink and then cut the strips and glued them around the edges- we added on a tiger print orange fiber and then she had punched a heart in black and a tigger in orange. we pop dotted the heart- added a wire tail to Tigger and pop dotted him on the heart.

Buffy had the Pooh tag- she had created the poohs with the embossed cuttlebug folder- we colored those with brown and red markers (I don't know what type but I really liked them- I will have to find out). And then she had the cutest pooh ribbon/fiber that had classic poohs and piglets with balloons- very cute. Pixiedust4ever added a wire balloon to her tag which was cute as can be.

After finishing the tags we got back to work on our items. As we were working people sopped by to see what we were doing. mWe loved being able to try new things on the tags and decided to do this again next year.

Jennifer headed up to the room about 10:15, and i wanted to finish the set of pages I was working on so I followed her up at about 10:30 having 60 pages finished so far.

Saturday morning was going to come early and I had been up since 5 so I was exhausted and quickly feel asleep.

Next installment includes breakfast.

Rebecca

I had no trouble getting to sleep but I woke up around 4:30 and after trying to sleep again and continueing to wake up every 5 minutes I got up at 5am- showered and got ready for the day and headed down to crop.

Once again while I was scrapping I took advntage of working hours others were off and used their spots for drying on pages. I finished about 9 pages and made a list of a few things to cut on the cricut back in my room. I headed upstairs about 7, but forgot my cricut mat so I couldn't cut what I needed.

When Jennifer was ready we headed down to the 4th floor and met up with everyone to head to breakfast. We jumped on an empty car on the monorail and headed to the Grand Floridian. Arriving at the Grand we headed downstairs and looked around for someone to take our picture. A woman from canada who scraps, offered to take out picture in the lobby- we only had 10 cameras for her to use (Pam posted a picture of us all together- some on the couch and other behind it - even if no one would lay across he table. She asked why we were there and what our shirts meant- we told her about the scrapping convention much to her husband's dismay.

As we got in line to check in a cast member from Bridgeport noticed out shirts an tht we were together and offered to take our photo under the sign- I think they are on Buffy or Lisa's camera but I am not sure. We headed in and they took our picture in front of the mural and then we were seated. This year we got a large round table that all 10 of us could sit at- very convienent and it was really nice to all be together for chatting instead of at seperate tables (of course with about 20 last year that didn't work). Our waitress warned us that we were the 4th table and Pooh was on his way and would be followed quickly by Tigger. Everyne had their own tags so I called for all the Pooh Tags- so we would have them ready to sign and everyone passed them to me (I was on the outside and characters would have an easy time getting there and was sitting besides Ann had brought colored sharpies for siging and she was beside me).

Pooh arrived to the table and after a couple of pictures - he started signing the tags. I had them in a pile and moved them in front of him and then pulled them out once signed and they were done quickly. We conitnued taking a few more pictures before Pooh left. We all decided that this method for signing the tags worked best. Pam had a large ziplock so she took the signed tags and I collected the tags for each of other charcters and piled them up near my place.

Tigger bounced over to he table and took a couple of pictures and then looked at the pile of tags and just shook his head. He looked at the as though- all of these- I said - well each of us want a memory of seeing you and asked if he liked his tags- He liked the tags although got tired of signing them. After the signing was done he took a few more picture before moving on. None of us had gotten any food yet at this point. Mary Poppins had come out and was only a table away so i got her tags ready. She came by and took a ouple of pictures before starting to sign tags- she asked about our scrapping and we told her about the even- she said she might take up scrapping between jobs if she hd time- we told her it was fun and she said it would give her good memories of the families. We took a few pictures with Mary and then there was a small opening to get some food. She commented on the tags and how pretty they were.

I got a little food and noticed Alice heading our way, so I headed back to get the tags ready- Alice came over for pictures and signing. She asked me if I had picked the flowers on the cards and I said yes, she asked if we were called weeds by them as well I said we picked them for calling her a weed. She talked about how the flowrs were just not polite. Alice took a few pictures with us and I had a chance to eat a little before the Mad Hatter visited.

The Mad Hatter came over for pictures and signing- He said he loved the colorful hats on the cards we made for him.He was asking if we liked Mary Poppins becuase he found her perfectly boring. He was funny, I have always found that to be so- when Mom E mentioned he had a big nose he quipped back that she had one too- so of course they had to have a picture together.

Once the mad Hatter left we had seen ll of the characters and it was time for food. I would have to say that it would be nice if they switced around some of the lines- ou got to the syrup before the french toast, waffles, or pancakes. I loved the Strawberry Soup. The food was delicious- Lisa was the only one that had an incident with it. She wanted a Mickey waffle but they were being made and placed in a dish that guests couldn't reach- she asked the chef if she could have one and he must have said no- they weren't ready- she came back a little miffed about it. Later Pam and Mom E got her a waffle but she still saw no reason why she had been denied one ealry- after all they were cooked just not perfectly arranged in the dish.

As we were eating the manager of the restuarant came over to ask us about the scrapping shirts and if it was something happening on property, she said one of her empolyees was asking about it. We old her about it and she said she would pass on the information- we all guessed that there are some characters that love to scrap too!

After breakfast, Mom E stopped by the desk at the Grand o see if her eyeglasses that she lost at tea on Wednesday had been turned in but they were not there (more on that later in the story). We headed back to the Contemporary to get back to work for the day. On the way back (it was about 9:30 ao once we reached the MK station there were not many on the monorail). This gentleman with a large family and a stroller passed lots of empty cars and was getting ready t head into the one crowded by the 10 of us- he looked just before pushing the stoller on our car and choose to move to another.

We did notice a lot more stopping for clearance than normal. A couple of guys who got on the other side of our car at the Mk - asked us if the Contemporary was the 2nd stop (we had to check when they got on for the answer- no it was the 1st.

Some of us headed off to scrap and a few stopped by the shops on the way.

Rebecca

I'm here but I've been putting out school fires all day. I will start posting as soon as I can get my thoughts together. I'm tired and I'm a bit angry with school stuff and some SDV stuff (not our girls though, I love our girls and they are model scrappy citizens). And that darn camera class messed up the settings on my camera so a lot of my pics are crappy, another thing I'm angry about.

I am going to give a shout out to Scott and Em, both of which made SDV an awesome and entertaining weekend!

so.

HI SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wonderful secret service guy! pssst, I know your user name, I know your user name........

and
HI EMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock the snack shop!!!!!!!! Thanks for having all the awesome munchies there for us.

I need to get the info from one of you to write to WDW about the snack shop and how some little tweaks and changes will make it a much more profitable place.

I totally forgot then when we arrived back to the tables after dinner on Friday night we had a specail treat at each of our places- either from Scott or Emily we are sure but we are not sure which.

Buffy- sorry about the obnoxious scrappers on the other side of you and that yopu camera got screwed up- I am glad that when i switch back to automatic anything I have done in manual cancels itself out until I return to manual.

Sorry about the school fires too- the post it note holders looked very cute.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter