SDV Orlando August 27 -30 2009

Made it home ladies!!! Miss the Scrapping already!!! ;)

Yes she won a weekend for next year- the details on exactly the package she won will be mailed to her- but she was the big winner for the weekend.

Rebecca

Dinner night on Saturday night was garden salad, sauted vegtables, meatloaf, chicken in a basil broth, various rolls, canollis, terimusu, and ecliars. The meat was flavored much more to my liking so I ate quite a bit more and ended up with dessert and hot chocolate- it had been out the night before and I didn't have any- I had to ask and a very nice cm brought me a couple of packets since it wasn't on the menu for Saturday.

After dinner we headed back into the crop room and noticed the music volume had contionued to rise - to the point where you couldn't hear your seatmate. A number of people in our area asked for the volume to be turned down- it was turned down to a poitn where one could hear those at the table. A little while later 2 ladies walked over to the player and turned up the volume before walking out of the room- someone from the Groovy Chiks beside us went up and turned things down- we all felt sorry for the teenage girl who was in charge at that point- she obviously wasn't sure what to do about rude 30-40 something scrappers.

At about 9pm Jennifer and I head back to the room to change into more comfy clothes for the evening- just took a few minutes away and headed back down. At 10pm- a number of us headed out in front of the convention center to take photos of the fireworks. I got some great photos using the info from class- although I was experiementing with the settings to see which ones would be best- so some are better than others.

Soon after Nancy came back in and did the drawings for the evening which MaryLee won the GRAND PRIZE_ SDV for next YEAR and Carol, who was also with us won something- maybe the jukebox.

Later in the evening there was more drama due to a rude note left by an attendie who didn't bother to sign there name. Also the table next door to us left some rude things out and about decorating there table- I don't know exactly what as it was the other end of the table- near Buffy and Lisa and they said not to go over - so I didn't bother.

After scrapping awhile I led a few of us in making paper bag albums- 1 thing to check when doing something like this is the size of each person'/s paper bags- but all turned out well- Mom K thought they would be a great activity for her school kids and Jennifer decided this was what everyone was getting from her for Christmas- they turned out quite well and the tags were just the right size- now I just need to get photos from others to do them as I have very few photos from the weekend and none from breakfast.

Between 12:30 and 1:30 Jennifer and I headed up to bed- we were just too tired to do anything else. Although once in the room we talked for a bit before actually going to sleep- she was an excellent roomie as i said earlier in my report.

It took me a couple reads, she wasn't as excited as I think she should have been ;)

Guess I'm still in shock, :eek: & dealing with everything that happened at home while I was gone! and :laundy:
I will be more :dance3: once I receive the detailed info in the mail.

Later in the evening there was more drama due to a rude note left by an attendie who didn't bother to sign there name. Also the table next door to us left some rude things out and about decorating there table- I don't know exactly what as it was the other end of the table- near Buffy and Lisa and they said not to go over - so I didn't bother.

:sad2: Wow - I was not aware of a rude note and the table decorations.
That's disappointing! I hope Nancy is made aware of that ... and the stuff Lisa alluded to that she can't write about since the DIS is a family friendly board. :thumbsup2

Marylee pixiedust:

I have some pictures to share! This was my third SDV but first with the DIS girls and I had such a great time! I can't wait to do it again . . . unless I'm in Nepal :bitelip:

Rebecca was an excellent roommate! Everyone was so nice and a lot of fun!! Rebecca and I got a Tower room - a complete surprise! What was also a surprise was Marylee winning the free SDV Weekend! We all felt the same, if we couldn't be the one to win, we were thrilled that "one of our own" did win :yay:

DH gave me a new camera for my birthday and I didn't have time to learn all of the functions before SDV. It takes gorgeous pictures, but they were HUGE so I had to size them down to upload them, so these may look a little blurry (sorry!):

ry%3D400

One of our tables - we wore our blue shirts on Friday

ry%3D400

Making tags on Friday before our breakfast on Saturday

ry%3D400

The sunrise from our balcony on Saturday morning

ry%3D400

Our group before the 1900 Park Fair breakfast

ry%3D400

Me with Pooh!

ry%3D400

Rebecca with Tigger!

ry%3D400

Mary Poppins seemed very interested in our shirts

ry%3D400

I think Alice liked the idea of, as she said, "making books out of scraps"

ry%3D400

The Mad Hatter signing our tags - Marylee got the BEST picture of the Mad Hatter!

A few more pictures . . .

ry%3D400

Our Mascot for the weekend!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

On Saturday I went to work-out in the Contemporary's gym, then went back to our room to shower before going back to the crop room. When I left our room Mousekeeping was a couple doors down and had these gorgeous roses, sprinkled with pixie dust. I commented on them and she said "they're for you" and I knew DH wouldn't do that, but she said I could have them and gave them to me! I figure another guest must have gotten them but couldn't take them home. They lasted until Monday, but started to wilt too much to bother driving home with.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The views outside our door - Chef Mickey gets up very early, but we had to be up early anyway and didn't mind

ry%3D400

DH and I always get a funny sign picture when we go anywhere and this had to be the one for this weekend - hundreds of women means an extra ladies room!

And a few more . . .

DH drove over on Sunday and we spent the night at the Caribbean Beach, had dinner at Artist Point, and enjoyed EMH at MK Sunday night. On Monday we went to EPCOT before heading home

ry%3D400

Hammocks at CBR

ry%3D400

Artist Point said we got a special dessert because we were celebrating my birthday, but I was too full and asked them to box it up. Well, good thing we went up to Sunrise Terrace (where we were married almost 4 years ago) to eat it and didn't walk around MK with it - because it was ice cream!! At least they didn't light the candle in the box :rotfl:

ry%3D400

The Castle at night

ry%3D400

Me with Donald (my favorite!) at EPCOT on Monday

Too cute..

Rebecca, the stuff they had was not DIS appropriate.. :( Very disappointing..and I wasn't even there!!!

love the trip reports. really makes me wish i was there.

I am loving reading everyone's observations!!! Here are a few more pics too!!

(oh and I won a drawing on Thursday - not as exciting as Marylee's prize ;)

prize.jpg

But that was before a lot of other checked in.

100_6157.jpg

Pam (toobachick) in my corner

100_6211.jpg

tigger's tag

Pam, glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. I wasn't aware that you had won a drawing on Thursday. Congratulations!! That means out of our DIS group we had 3 winners. Pretty good odds. Hope everyone is catching up on their missed sleep. I was still dragging a bit today, but I am off tomorrow and will catch up on wash and putting all my stuff away.

See you all next year!!

Carol

Pam, I didn't know you won the caddy! How awesome is that! Three winners, very nice odds.

Also, thanks Pam for sharing your discount card at 1900 Park Faire. The savings was nice.

My camera cord ended up going home with my mother. I'll post my pictures as soon as I get it back.

:sad2: Wow - I was not aware of a rude note and the table decorations.
That's disappointing! I hope Nancy is made aware of that ...

Marylee pixiedust:

The rude note was to Nancy- someone left it at the front without signing her name- they were upset with her for saying Hello to people before the drawings each hour- as she said in return- if you don't want to be here you don't have to pay and come.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter