SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

Hey everyone!! I've missed you guys, and can't wait to see you in a few days!!! I'm a first year teacher this year, and have been spending the past week swamped getting my classroom ready and trying to figure out my curriculum for the year (I'm teaching 4th - 8th grade technology and the previous teacher didn't have any lesson plans for last year to pass on).

I REALLY need this little getaway!!!

Anyway, like Diana, I really don't need a hurricane right now!! I just don't have time for it. We live in St. Pete, only a mile or so from Tampa Bay, so I'm concerned about storm surge. We're definitely watching it to see where Fay goes!!!

It was a beautiful day at the World today! Should be nice tomorrow morning, too. Tuesday & Wednesday should be "interesting" (quoting the Fox weather guy)

Tuesday 90% rain chance
Wednesday 80% rain chance

Like Buffy said, GO AWAY, FAY!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Safe travels everyone!

Marylee
"Pixiedustforever" pixiedust:

According to the 8pm forecast and advisory it is going further North before it comes ashore- well above St Pete on the main track.

Rebecca

But we could write it with a Sharpie!

Off to tell Mom to pick up cheapy, light weight rain ponchos.

The storm has moved back and slowed down- more likely to be just west of Disney are on Wednesday early morning. It looks like the current track has it headed right over us.

Rebecca

All parks are opening tomorrow at 8am. Park hopping is allowed as a pixiedust gesture. DisneyQuest is opening early - as well as the AMC Theatre at DTD.

I spoke with a customer at Mouse Memories today whose ADRs for tomorrow (Tuesday) were cancelled by Disney. I hope this doesn't affect any of you!

Marylee pixiedust:

Hmm, I better check on my ADRs.....we're supposed to be at Boma tomorrow night.

I hope we can get into WDW today!!! Stay away Fay!!! Let us arrive!!!

Just in case our power goes out, I wanted to check in and say safe travels to everyone and I'll see you real soon!! :dance3: (still dancing even though the wind is really starting to pick up here!)

I need to get started on the day. I have a number of things to pack up for SDV and I am going to try to get them packed up today. Part of it will depend on whether my picture order come in or not.

Rebecca

Anyone who has last minute picture printing to do---Walgreens has buy 25 get 25 free this week! :cool1:

The girls are at school and all I have left to do is pack my clothes. Tonight I will have Bruce help me pack the car---I'm bringing ALOT of stuff. :blush: Then tomorrow Emma gets dropped off at 8:05 and I'll be on I-75 heading north by 8:15!!! :woohoo:

ok- getting a late start, but getting outa here towards WDW!!!

see you there!

at least you're going......

HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!! take lots of pics for me! enjoy yourself. you certainly deserve it!
will your dh be home to take care of the kids? 'cause you're going with mom right?
we will miss you, but we will try to behave while you are gone......

maybe......

you better behave and stay away from ACM!

yep, DH is taking the monsters, er, children. Crazy man is taking them to the DMV on Sat to renew his Drivers License, that should be interesting to say the least.

Yes, my mom is going with me. It's kind of my thank you gift for helping out with the kids.

I talked to Lisa this afternoon and she got in ok, she did say it was raining though. I hope it doesn't rain the whole weekend. Oh that reminds me I need to pack my ponchos!

Just think Holly, this time next year you will be getting on a plane with me!

i will try, but i can't promise anything............

i'm off to bed, so have a great time. tell everyone i said "hey".:wave:

and tell awm- sizzix emergency-emergency -call right away!:rotfl:

one more thing...have a safe trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter