ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazydecoratoruk---$140-$15284-100-BLT-Apr-0/22, 94/23, 100/24, 100/25- sent 7/6
You have no idea how happy I am that someone finally snagged this one! I have been eyeing it for nearly 2 months because it is my UY to match, but it's double amount the points we want. I was VERY close to say "Screw it, more points more fun!" But it just didn't feel right. Well...I'm glad you got it! 😁

You have no idea how happy I am that someone finally snagged this one! I have been eyeing it for nearly 2 months because it is my UY to match, but it's double amount the points we want. I was VERY close to say "Screw it, more points more fun!" But it just didn't feel right. Well...I'm glad you got it! 😁
Awww thanks!! Its our first contract so we are very excited! Think we perhaps could have got one a couple of $ a point cheaper, but no-one seemed to be budging and it was exactly the number of points and UY we wanted :)

Nothing yet...sent 6/26, trying to be patient...
if its about ROFR passing I would assume the July 4th holiday will put some extra days into the norm. (I got ours cleared in 15 days, sent on 15th and passed on 30th)

I wouldn't worry to much, all of the contracts should pass

if its about ROFR passing I would assume the July 4th holiday will put some extra days into the norm. (I got ours cleared in 15 days, sent on 15th and passed on 30th)

I wouldn't worry to much, all of the contracts should pass
It looks like even with the additional one or two days off, ROFR is now out closer to three weeks again. I'm pretty sure we all know they will pass, but I get to a point where I just want it to be done and not be something dangling out there. I'm not obsessively OCD or anything, but things that linger, especially when I'm not needing to use the points, need to be in the rear view mirror.

For those who let you put $5k or $7.5k down on a CC as a deposit, is there a good card that you seemed to get more points/cash back on? Costco Visa or Hyatt are what I am leaning towards right now. I don't have a Disney CC (if that offered more points). Just curious. Thanks.
I got approved for the Chase Ink Business Preferred which needs $8k spend to get 100,000 sign up point bonus. I put down $7500 so now I just need to spend $500 more and I’ll have approximately $2000 in points to use (if transferred to Hyatt or another valuable program).

Thanks to everyone on here for posting their info which helped me get a pretty good deal on my very first DVC contract! It’s about $5pp more than I wanted to pay, but I think with double points, I should be able to rent those out next year and more than offset the difference. I’ll be able to post it tomorrow once it’s sent to ROFR.

I used Cammy at DVC Title and Escrow after reading recommendations here. Does anyone know about how long she takes to get to closing?

Hopeful today. Still waiting on ROFR since 6/8..... wait is tough!!! Have a great weekend all!
I am hoping also, although not near as long as you. It has been a significant slow down in news at least the past 2 weeks. Hopefully the flood gates will open soon.
This has been debated on here in past but Disney has 30 days to decide on ROFR and I would put pressure on the title company to move ahead with closing and see what Disney does. Others say need estoppel but if Disney has not responded in 30 days, then it should be implied that ok to proceed. If need estoppel to proceed , then why is 30 days stated?

shairpdrh---$160-$21668-125-CCV@WL-Dec-125/22, 187/23, 125/24- sent 5/16, passed 7/14

I am finally able to post that we passed (not a shock that we passed, but that it finally went through after 59 days). Yes those dates are correct. It was almost two months. Pretty sure there was an error on the Disney end and then Disney wasn't responding to the resale company I used. Multiple people from the company called, the seller called, and nothing. Somehow my agent was able to talk to someone in another department and that person seems to have made things happen.

Hope that the floodgates open and many of you get word very soon!

shairpdrh---$160-$21668-125-CCV@WL-Dec-125/22, 187/23, 125/24- sent 5/16, passed 7/14

I am finally able to post that we passed (not a shock that we passed, but that it finally went through after 59 days). Yes those dates are correct. It was almost two months. Pretty sure there was an error on the Disney end and then Disney wasn't responding to the resale company I used. Multiple people from the company called, the seller called, and nothing. Somehow my agent was able to talk to someone in another department and that person seems to have made things happen.

Hope that the floodgates open and many of you get word very soon!
Congratulations! Glad it finally went thru! 59 days is a loooong wait.

I got approved for the Chase Ink Business Preferred which needs $8k spend to get 100,000 sign up point bonus. I put down $7500 so now I just need to spend $500 more and I’ll have approximately $2000 in points to use (if transferred to Hyatt or another valuable program).

This is the way! Well done!
Is there an alternate way to transfer to the Hyatt card? The standard way of transferring between cards is limited to Sapphire, Ink, and Freedom…in my account.

Can you guys give details on how to transfer points to Chase Hyatt card?

Is there an alternate way to transfer to the Hyatt card? The standard way of transferring between cards is limited to Sapphire, Ink, and Freedom…in my account.

You can transfer Chase points to Hyatt but not the Chase Hyatt card

DisneyPie---$91-$14460-150-SSR-Dec-0/22, 0/23, 150/24- sent 6/27

First timer here, thank you to everyone who posts on this board. I've been lurking here a little over a few weeks now and I "studied" here to prepare for buying a resale contract just a few weeks when we rented points from FB groups and David's over Labor Day weekend and realized math wise, this would be a better thing to invest in for our family since we go annually.

We're so excited! My husband laughs that I've found a new hobby for price charting since I was obsessed with stocks/crypto investments a few years ago. :)

You can't xfer from a Chase card to a Chase Hyatt card. You would just transfer the Chase Ultimate Rewards points you need to a Travel Partner account (Hyatt) in the Ultimate Rewards portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter