ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I should’ve waited to buy AKV 🥲
Back in January, there was a 210pt AKV contract for $80! It was stripped and one of those hot deals so you must pay full price. We contemplated, and a few days later when we finally decided we should go for it, it was gone. But I remember looking at the date listed, it had been listed for at least a month!

Back in January, there was a 210pt AKV contract for $80! It was stripped and one of those hot deals so you must pay full price. We contemplated, and a few days later when we finally decided we should go for it, it was gone. But I remember looking at the date listed, it had been listed for at least a month!
It makes me feel better it's not my UY, I don't want to end up being the guy with 4 use years but these are some good prices

John Purcell ---$83.13 -$15,201-160-AKV-Sept 0/22, 0/23, 160/24- sent 7/6/23 Buyer pays a $765 broker fee

Screwed up format on first post.

I think he bagged that at one of those sketchy timeshare marketplaces... I think he is an expert at finding gems there! Teach me master @John Purcell !

Thanks to everyone on here for posting their info which helped me get a pretty good deal on my very first DVC contract! It’s about $5pp more than I wanted to pay, but I think with double points, I should be able to rent those out next year and more than offset the difference. I’ll be able to post it tomorrow once it’s sent to ROFR.

I used Cammy at DVC Title and Escrow after reading recommendations here. Does anyone know about how long she takes to get to closing?
Looking for some advice here. Seller and I came to an agreement on price, closing costs, etc 2 Fridays ago (10 days ago). Fidelity finally got the correct contract sent out last Wednesday (5 days ago) which we immediately signed and put down the deposit on. Since then the seller has not signed or communicated with Fidelity. Is it common/possible for a seller to just not sign even after the buy has put down money? It’s a loaded contract and we are counting on being able to start booking right away so we can start using those points coming in December. Not sure if I should be nervous and start looking at other contracts again. Any advice?

You have to calculate the zero pts on this year's pts so based on $18 per pts rent that's $2880, add it to the total $15,201 then the overall per pt is at $113 with closing cost included. (Probably without fee it's roughly around $100 per pt)

Still a good deal but it's nothing that impossible to find now a days (don't feel bad)

Looking for some advice here. Seller and I came to an agreement on price, closing costs, etc 2 Fridays ago (10 days ago). Fidelity finally got the correct contract sent out last Wednesday (5 days ago) which we immediately signed and put down the deposit on. Since then the seller has not signed or communicated with Fidelity. Is it common/possible for a seller to just not sign even after the buy has put down money? It’s a loaded contract and we are counting on being able to start booking right away so we can start using those points coming in December. Not sure if I should be nervous and start looking at other contracts again. Any advice?

Waiting that long to even sign the agreement is not typical. If they are this slow just to return the sale agreement, id be concerned on how long it will take them when they have to go get the closing documents notarized and sent back.

Personally, I would back out start again…

Although this isn't a good sign, I suggest reaching out to Fidelity and have them check in w/ the seller to make sure they got the contract? Maybe the contract went to their spam folder. If after that, it's still crickets from the seller, then I would back out and move on.
It happened to me w/ the closing docs and Fidelity actually gave me a courtesy call to let me know they emailed me the closing docs already, but haven't heard anything. It was then, I found that email in my spam folder! It was so strange because everything else had been coming through my inbox.

Reckoner---$125-$19589-150-BCV-Apr-0/22, 8/23, 150/24- sent 7/17

Not the cheapest price I've seen around here for BCV, but after many brokers telling me nothing under $140pp would ever work, it was nice to finally have one get accepted.
Nice contract.

Which broker did you use? Fidelity?

Nice contract.

Which broker did you use? Fidelity?
I actually got this one through DVC Resale Market. Sponsor shoutout, I guess? They were the only broker I made a low offer to that was genuinely kind and supportive of my efforts to find a deal. Probably not a coincidence it was also the offer that was accepted.

I got my first contract years ago through Fidelity, they were also great at the time.

Last edited:
shairpdrh---$160-$21668-125-CCV@WL-Dec-125/22, 187/23, 125/24- sent 5/16, passed 7/14

I am finally able to post that we passed (not a shock that we passed, but that it finally went through after 59 days). Yes those dates are correct. It was almost two months. Pretty sure there was an error on the Disney end and then Disney wasn't responding to the resale company I used. Multiple people from the company called, the seller called, and nothing. Somehow my agent was able to talk to someone in another department and that person seems to have made things happen.

Hope that the floodgates open and many of you get word very soon!
For those of you keeping score at home, this is the only reported contract to clear ROFR in the last 10 days, and only the fourth reported all month. Someone had better head over to Celebration and check on the ROFR monster's health...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter