ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! I started back in 2011 and still actively involved (just not blogging) but its still very lucrative.

My other suggestion would be to apply for an Amex card which will generally give you an instant card number if you are approved online when you apply. I just did this as I had to leave a $7.5k deposit with Mason title for my Poly resale contract and chose the Amex Business Gold which has a 95,000 point offer for spending $10k in 3 months. I only have $2.5k left to spend and I don't even have the card in hand yet :)
Pretty sure Venture X gave me a card number immediately as well. All good options and Venture X earns 2 points per dollar.

BofA Premium Rewards is what I use but there are a few other BofA cards that offer the 2.62% cashback when you have $100K or more with BofA/Merrill.

It codes differently depending on direct (when charged by Disney) vs resale (when charged by the escrow company). I haven't found a good Chase card to use on resale since it doesn't code as travel, and just put it on my Chase Freedom Unlimited for 1.5%.
I just signed up for American Express Gold to get the sign up bonus (applied and paid on the same day) or you can also sign up ahead of time with Chase or Capital one that have good sign up bonus

Right now I'm leaning towards to Hyatt as it'll get me almost a 4 night credit towards Globalists and enough points for a 1 night stay in a Level 1 or 2 room. Just didn't want to miss out on something if they coded it some special way and I could earn more. Thanks everyone.
see my post above, if you have not gotten a AMEX card bonus then this would be the best option (make sure you get the referral 90K bonus) if you have decent credit you will get the card number right away to use (this is what I did)

Has anyone with contracts submitted in the 6/25-6/27 timeframe heard anything yet? Things seem pretty quiet and responses seem to be creeping back out again.

My TL so far:

nxsteven---$78-$18804-230-OKW-Jun-315/22, 230/23, 230/24, 230/25-seller pays MF '23- sent 5/17, passed 6/5

Sent: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs signed/notarized: 7/10

Pending next steps, which I think are the completion on contract. Then I wait for Disney to load the points, I think?

Pending next steps, which I think are the completion on contract. Then I wait for Disney to load the points, I think?

If the seller sent their closing documents also, then the title company can close. Then you wait for the contract to get loaded by MA, after that the points will get loaded by MS (you can call to speed that up after you see the contract has loaded).

You can update your status on the "Closing Time!" thread now that you are past ROFR:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3836891/

My TL so far:

nxsteven---$78-$18804-230-OKW-Jun-315/22, 230/23, 230/24, 230/25-seller pays MF '23- sent 5/17, passed 6/5

Sent: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs signed/notarized: 7/10

Nice contract, too bad about the expired points but you got the sellers to pay for 2023 so that's nice.

Nice contract, too bad about the expired points but you got the sellers to pay for 2023 so that's nice.
Thanks. Puzzling that they didn't do anything with them. We had our trip booked using family points for 2023 so we didn't need any this year. Plan is to roll 2023 forward and plan a trip next August/Sept with 460 total points or possibly take a shorter trip in Feb of 2023 with a few points. All depends on availability.

Of course we are almost at the end of our trip and will board the Wish soon. What does DH say last night? Remembering how much the kids liked AKL makes him think we should add on points there. I haven’t been keeping up with the ROFR thread but it seems like it might make more sense to try to add 50-100 there via resale instead of direct. Is that accurate?

Of course we are almost at the end of our trip and will board the Wish soon. What does DH say last night? Remembering how much the kids liked AKL makes him think we should add on points there. I haven’t been keeping up with the ROFR thread but it seems like it might make more sense to try to add 50-100 there via resale instead of direct. Is that accurate?
It's a good time to buy AKL resale right now.

I saw some BLT contracts with reduced prices which piqued my interest.

Regarding the history of MB, I recall when we purchased in June 1998, we were staying at the Boardwalk. I don’t remember how it worked exactly but they applied points for that stay and put the out of pocket cash from the hotel stay towards the down payment for the DVC contract. A twist of MB I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter