ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had the option to pick your title company/agent, who'd it be? Looking for some feedback. Thanks.

Mason is pretty decent but their fees have gone up quite a bit over the past year.

Folks are speaking highly of Cammy Smith at DVC Closings (www.dvcclosings.com). She was awesome when at Mason. I haven’t personally used DVC closings so can’t say.

What I can tell you is to avoid Magic Vacation Title https://magicvacationtitle.com/ like the plague. They are terrible. Loooong delays and very difficult to work with in my experience with them.

Mason is pretty decent but their fees have gone up quite a bit over the past year.

Folks are speaking highly of Cammy Smith at DVC Closings (www.dvcclosings.com). She was awesome when at Mason. I haven’t personally used DVC closings so can’t say.

What I can tell you is to avoid Magic Vacation Title https://magicvacationtitle.com/ like the plague. They are terrible. Loooong delays and very difficult to work with in my experience with them.
agree they are so slow. What happens of they take past the 21-30days to send closing docs?

agree they are so slow. What happens of they take past the 21-30days to send closing docs?

As a buyer, you can walk away and get your deposit back if the contract does not close on time..date listed in your contract.

It’s why the closing date of most contracts is typically at least 60 to 90 days out..to allow for title company and sellers to get documents completed and plenty of time for ROfR.

As a buyer, you can walk away and get your deposit back if the contract does not close on time..date listed in your contract.

It’s why the closing date of most contracts is typically at least 60 to 90 days out..to allow for title company and sellers to get documents completed and plenty of time for ROfR.
what about as a seller?

what about as a seller?

I assume that the seller may be able to walk too but not sure about the commission since the contract you sign with the broker states you owe them if they secure the buyer.

That is different than canceling the sale with that specific buyer.

My guess is if it is due to the buyers defaulting that the broker would be understanding about that commission. But not if it’s just because the title company took longer.

And, I have never read about a title company not getting documents to both parties in time to close the sale by the listed date.

For those who let you put $5k or $7.5k down on a CC as a deposit, is there a good card that you seemed to get more points/cash back on? Costco Visa or Hyatt are what I am leaning towards right now. I don't have a Disney CC (if that offered more points). Just curious. Thanks.

For those who let you put $5k or $7.5k down on a CC as a deposit, is there a good card that you seemed to get more points/cash back on? Costco Visa or Hyatt are what I am leaning towards right now. I don't have a Disney CC (if that offered more points). Just curious. Thanks.
It codes differently depending on direct (when charged by Disney) vs resale (when charged by the escrow company). I haven't found a good Chase card to use on resale since it doesn't code as travel, and just put it on my Chase Freedom Unlimited for 1.5%.

It codes differently depending on direct (when charged by Disney) vs resale (when charged by the escrow company). I haven't found a good Chase card to use on resale since it doesn't code as travel, and just put it on my Chase Freedom Unlimited for 1.5%.
Chase categorized it for me as "Bills & Utilities". I did the max my agency allowed ($5,000) but only got 1x per point (didn't even have a 1.5 on all categories card at the time). Chase Ink Cash allows for 5x points on Bills/Utilities and there's currently a $750 sign-up bonus with no annual fee. HMU if you need a referral!

I think that depends if you want the 1% back from Costco or the points for Hyatt. I would do a cash back vs. Hyatt points calculation to see which one is worth more.

Chase categorized it for me as "Bills & Utilities". I did the max my agency allowed ($5,000) but only got 1x per point (didn't even have a 1.5 on all categories card at the time). Chase Ink Cash allows for 5x points on Bills/Utilities and there's currently a $750 sign-up bonus with no annual fee. HMU if you need a referral!
Interesting. I put $7500 on my Disney Visa (Chase) with masontitle.com and it coded as ”services“.

Interesting. I put $7500 on my Disney Visa (Chase) with masontitle.com and it coded as ”services“.
Unfortunately, my Mason deposit last month also coded as "Professional Services". Maybe it differs depending on the escrow company? Would have been nice though. 🙃

I just put mine on my AMEX Blue Business 2x points. also Capital One VentureX would give 2x points

I think that depends if you want the 1% back from Costco or the points for Hyatt. I would do a cash back vs. Hyatt points calculation to see which one is worth more.
Right now I'm leaning towards to Hyatt as it'll get me almost a 4 night credit towards Globalists and enough points for a 1 night stay in a Level 1 or 2 room. Just didn't want to miss out on something if they coded it some special way and I could earn more. Thanks everyone.

Right now I'm leaning towards to Hyatt as it'll get me almost a 4 night credit towards Globalists and enough points for a 1 night stay in a Level 1 or 2 room. Just didn't want to miss out on something if they coded it some special way and I could earn more. Thanks everyone.

I would recommend focusing on a new signup bonus instead as your return will be much better than 1 or 2 points per dollar spent. For example, a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred has a signup bonus of 60,000 points currently. It earns points that can transfer to Hyatt and if that card that has a minimum spend of $4k can be knocked out in a single transaction. That would cover 12 nights in a Level 1 hotel!

(I'm a former points/miles blogger and just starting to dip my toes in the DVC world!)

If you're already a Globalist, I agree put it on the Hyatt card!

I would recommend focusing on a new signup bonus instead as your return will be much better than 1 or 2 points per dollar spent. For example, a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred has a signup bonus of 60,000 points currently. It earns points that can transfer to Hyatt and if that card that has a minimum spend of $4k can be knocked out in a single transaction. That would cover 12 nights in a Level 1 hotel!

(I'm a former points/miles blogger and just starting to dip my toes in the DVC world!)
If I had more time I would. But deposit will most likely be due tomorrow and so the window was short. Off topic, but I too have been into the points/churn game for many of years. Like back in the BA 100,000 mile days. =)

If I had more time I would. But deposit will most likely be due tomorrow and so the window was short. Off topic, but I too have been into the points/churn game for many of years. Like back in the BA 100,000 mile days. =)

That's awesome! I started back in 2011 and still actively involved (just not blogging) but its still very lucrative.

My other suggestion would be to apply for an Amex card which will generally give you an instant card number if you are approved online when you apply. I just did this as I had to leave a $7.5k deposit with Mason title for my Poly resale contract and chose the Amex Business Gold which has a 95,000 point offer for spending $10k in 3 months. I only have $2.5k left to spend and I don't even have the card in hand yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter