Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

Just got a resie for July 14th, 5:55 for Tucker House. It's 1 TS credit correct? I know the info is in this thread but I'm totally being lazy!!

This may have been asked already but have they released October yet? I was able to make all my ADR's this morning but couldn't get the package for Oct 8th

This may have been asked already but have they released October yet? I was able to make all my ADR's this morning but couldn't get the package for Oct 8th
I have been checking everyday for a week and they have yet to open October to book ROL packages. I even called to ask but CM know no more than we do.

I'm in the same boat waiting for 10/1...it kinda burns to have missed the out by 1 day. C'est la vie my wonderful TA is keeping her eyes out for me and will try to swoop in and grab me one when they are made available

Have people been to this event already? WHat is the seating like?

I am trying to decide if it is better to fastpass this or get the package we are going to eat @ tusker house regardless

If we are going in October and we make a reservation for Tusker for the time we want, can a CM flip it on the phone or will I have to find a new reservation when the ROL packages come out and then cancel the old one?

If we are going in October and we make a reservation for Tusker for the time we want, can a CM flip it on the phone or will I have to find a new reservation when the ROL packages come out and then cancel the old one?

I think there is pretty much a consensus that holding a current non-package reservation will not help get a package reservation. It appears that one reservation is canceled to make way for the new one no matter who does the changing.

The only advantage is if you are going to eat there regardless of whether you get a dining package or not.

I think there is pretty much a consensus that holding a current non-package reservation will not help get a package reservation. It appears that one reservation is canceled to make way for the new one no matter who does the changing.

The only advantage is if you are going to eat there regardless of whether you get a dining package or not.
Not quite true...

If you hold a regular ADR time with your preferred time, and then book a package for a less desirable time, it is possible that when you cancel your regular ADR, the preferred time will pop up for the package. You can then book the package at your preferred time, and cancel the first package you booked.

However, it is not guaranteed that the cancelled table will show up as a package time. Either it could disappear, or someone else could grab it before you.

Not quite true...

If you hold a regular ADR time with your preferred time, and then book a package for a less desirable time, it is possible that when you cancel your regular ADR, the preferred time will pop up for the package. You can then book the package at your preferred time, and cancel the first package you booked.

However, it is not guaranteed that the cancelled table will show up as a package time. Either it could disappear, or someone else could grab it before you.

It's like 21 red on the roulette table, but you have a point. We'll call it a push. :teeth:

Not quite true...

I had a 8h10 non package at th. No 8h10 was available. Cancelled it then a 8h10 with package showed up and I grabbed it.

So yup it is possible, but a gamble. I think I was frantic that day because looking back, I don't think if it would have been worth it to loose my 8h10 reservation when the park opens at 9.. it I got lucky :)

I had a 8h10 non package at th. No 8h10 was available. Cancelled it then a 8h10 with package showed up and I grabbed it.

So yup it is possible, but a gamble. I think I was frantic that day because looking back, I don't think if it would have been worth it to loose my 8h10 reservation when the park opens at 9.. it I got lucky :)
Glad it worked for you. It didn't for me.

I had a 1:00 lunch. After getting a 9:40 package I cancelled the 1:00 lunch hoping it would show up add a package, but it didn't.

If worked out though. Later that day I got a 1:40, and then a few days later I was able to change it to 12:40.

Canceled two ROL Package reservations for Tusker House Breakfast for September 24 10:10AM for 6 and also 10:20AM for 7. Hope someone can grab them!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter