How much notice when Dinosaur closing is announced?

g3pak

DIS Veteran
Any informed speculation on how much time between announcement of Dinosaur closing and the actual closing date? Dinosaur is one of my daughter's favorite rides-sentimental reasons- and she wants to make sure she rides it one more time. I assume they will announce at least a few weeks before the date of closing. Fingers crossed for at least a month's notice.

Bump

Has there been an announcement for the date of when Dinoland will be closing to make way for a new land? When is the Tree of Life switching movies?

Disney has already filed for permits for a "Staging Area" in the backlots of Animal Kingdom. The whole area was teased at D23 last year and filing the permits was the first step. No formal announcements have been made yet.

Rumors are Dinosaur will be replaced by a new Mayan Temple themed Indiana Jones ride (Different than the one from Disneyland). Replacing the Dinoland carnival area with Encanto themed land. Then replacing the Boneyard with a Coco themed family attraction. Overall, this will be a Central and South American themed land that should really tie in really well with Africa and Asia. Along with giving Animal Kingdom much needed additional attractions and rides then it currently has.

Follow Mickey Views channel on Youtube, he does a really good job of the breakdown in this video below...

All great information. Thank you all!

I know Dinosaur will close at some point and it sure looks like in the next 3, 6, or 12 months. I hope they give at least 5 weeks notice between announcement and the actual closing date. Wondering if anyone can remember timing of previous ride closures.

If it were me I'd want to go before they announce the actual close date. The attraction will be the same but the crowds will be lower. The moment they announce a formal closing date will trigger a surge of guests from there forward. Why wait if you have an option to go now?

Rumors are Dinosaur will be replaced by a new Mayan Temple themed Indiana Jones ride (Different than the one from Disneyland). Replacing the Dinoland carnival area with Encanto themed land. Then replacing the Boneyard with a Coco themed family attraction.
The Boneyard is one of my boys favorite places in WDW. They could literally spend all day digging in that pit. And I've loved Dinosaur since it opened, just wish they had taken better care of it and updated it a bit. Bummer

The Boneyard is one of my boys favorite places in WDW. They could literally spend all day digging in that pit. And I've loved Dinosaur since it opened, just wish they had taken better care of it and updated it a bit. Bummer
Fully agree.. my son like soo many kids is a dinosaur crazy... this area is made for little ones. The boneyard is my sons fav play place of all time. This is a real injustice. They should have to just fixed it up and the expanded... there is plenty of room to add those lands around AK.

I am hoping they do not touch till after our trip for one my time around but that is not till Thanksgiving.

My DS loves the boneyard too. So sad to see it go. He’d stay there all day if we let him. I’m going to miss the Dinisaur ride too. They can have the carnival area lol

Same here, I have a lot of fond memories of my kids playing in The Boneyard. Loved Dinosaur when all the animatronics are working on the ride. Looking forward to my trip there over Memorial Day weekend to ride it one last time. Even my daughter who is graduating from college wants to visit The Boneyard one more time, as she's gone there often and she first visited it when she was just 1 year old.

My DS loves the boneyard too. So sad to see it go. He’d stay there all day if we let him. I’m going to miss the Dinisaur ride too. They can have the carnival area lol

LOL....my wife and I first visited Animal Kingdom in 2002 and I told my wife that the Dinoland carnival area was just a "placeholder". That at some point they'll build another bigger attraction there sooner or later. Didn't think I'd take them 20+ years to finally build something else there. :)

Happy Dinosaur is open & I hope it will be for our trip in a couple of weeks. It was the first ride our grandson asked about for our trip.

Not sure if this is always the case, but the announcement of Test Track's closing date was made 2 months ahead of time. Maybe the Dinosaur announcement will be similar?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter