~~~Regional Cookbook sent/received thread~~~COMPLETED!!

Amazon says my package should be delivered tomorrow

Package received Monday from Pooh Girl 71. I got a really nice cookbook from Virginia----some great recipes and lots of interesting items to read. My favorite kind of cookbook:banana:

Looking forward to trying some of the recipes.:yay:
Thanks, Cindy

Glad you like it, it's one of my favorites. I like reading the history of stuff too :goodvibes

didn't anyone else receive their exchange today?
We should have a couple that arrived.

Mine went up North and should have gotten there today ... Hope it made it

I'm sure she will check in....she sometimes has problems getting computer time :rotfl:

I can't find my DC.:guilty: I mailed another exchange on the same day and it got there on Saturday. I hope mine isn't lost!:confused:

Another one arrived yesterday from Arkansas. No note and no DIS name. I tore off the address label to bring to work to post and "misplaced" it--will probably find it when I go home tonight.

A really nice cookbook called Apron Strings-ties to the southern tradition of cooking by the Junior League of Little Rock, Inc.

It's another one that had things to read besides just the recipes. And, some yummy sounding recipes:banana:

Thanks to whoever sent it to me, Cindy

I actually wrote a note on the back of the bookmark I put in the book. It was a hectic day when I mailed that package along with two others. I'm glad you like it. I wanted to keep it for myself...but instead I bought myself a copy!

I actually wrote a note on the back of the bookmark I put in the book. It was a hectic day when I mailed that package along with two others. I'm glad you like it. I wanted to keep it for myself...but instead I bought myself a copy!

I read some of the book last night. But, I will have to go home tonight and see if I can find that bookmark:rotfl2: It has to be there somewhere??? :confused3

Thanks again, Cindy:goodvibes

:cool1: My package arrived today! YUMMY!!!!

It was filled with:

Hershey's Classic Recipes cookbook
Hershey's Cocoa
Nifty kitchen towel with measurement exchanges
silicone spatula set

Thanks a million Pennst8r! It's like you know me so well... if you ask my students what food is my favorite they'd ALL tell you chocolate! I can't wait to try these recipes!

Yea! Glad you liked it! :-) Had to regroup when I realized the cocoa can wouldn't fit into the mailer!

You can't really go wrong with chocolate!

I had two great cookbooks waiting for me when I got back from camp today!:banana: 3 days with 5th graders.....that's a whole other thread! (If this wasn't a food related thread, I'd tell you what they found under my cabin....and why we knew it was there!:rotfl: )

The cookbooks are from ksloane and the first is Recipes to Remember and the second is Shelbyville Dragons. Each is a beautiful memorial tribute. The Shelbyville one really broke my heart. What an awesome thing to do, tho--people who didn't even know them will remember them often.

Both contain yummy looking recipes....of course I checked out the desserts first. Lots of things I"ve already dog-earred and will be trying out soon! I'll have something new and different to bring to a pot luck I'm going to next week.

THanks so much!!

:yay: for another arrival.
Ohhh....not sure we want to know what died under that cabin :eek:

4 more to hear from. I bet 2 of those have arrived. We just need some people to check in with us ::yes::

I know I keep saying this but I hope mine made it .

I am so sorry that I didnt mail till Friday . One my best friends Mom passed away in her sleep and it was a rough week last week.

It has some good stuff in it though From Texas so I hope it was worth the wait for you .

I called my SIL today I sent her something on the same day and she got hers on Tuesday .

I'm sure it is there, Mishell. We just need her to check in. She has claimed before that she sometimes has problems getting a turn on the computer ;) Hopefully she will soon.

I sent some more PMs and e-mail, so hopefully a couple of people will check in with us ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter