~~~Regional Cookbook sent/received thread~~~COMPLETED!!

Okay...I heard from Jenna45 (sent by Mad4Mickey) and she has received and will post soon.

Also heard that cvemom (sent by lewdyan1) has received. She is having computer problems and is going to get her thank you list to sjh801 (her sister, Sandy) to post about.

So...that leaves two and they are supposed to arrive by....TODAY!! So I hope we hear about them both later this afternoon or evening ::yes::

Thanks for checking Nancy, I was worried that it was taking so long! I hope her computer problems get better soon!:wizard:

Ok, I am finally posting, ours came from the Great State of Texas ( land of the barbque) from Mad4Mickey, and I was spoiled :banana:

3 pack condiment squeeze bottles
hand towels
corn set
a texas chocolate bar ( unfortuantly it did not make the trip, it melted, lol but it was not too bad and we did manage to save the lolli !!! )
and lollie pop ( in the shape of texas:thumbsup2 )
The cooks guide to chicken and
The complete Grilling Handbook
A Texas Postcard

Thanks for Everything, we have never been to Texas so it was fun to get this stuff, and we will be using it ALL this weekend :goodvibes

:yay: Glad to hear from you Jenna ::yes::

So we need one more to check in and 2 more to arrived.....did anyone receive today???

I do hope you like it, Mystic is a small resort town on the shore about 15 minutes from here, and is very popular for it's seafood. I was very pleased to have found that cookbook !!

I got a package from Barnes and Noble today! It was a Mystic Seafood cookbook! Thanks to Jen! There are some great looking recipes in it!:goodvibes

My package went postal today!:)

The cookbooks are from ksloane and the first is Recipes to Remember and the second is Shelbyville Dragons. Each is a beautiful memorial tribute. The Shelbyville one really broke my heart. What an awesome thing to do, tho--people who didn't even know them will remember them often.
THanks so much!!

Glad you liked them. Both are actually fundraisers for scholarship funds for students we have had die in tragic accidents since I've been teaching. I have to admit to being a sucker for fundraisers, but these were really meaningful ones so I have bought SEVERAL of each book over time.

I also received my book today (Three Rivers Cookbook II). It is from Jan, Sister of Sandy - sjh801. I flipped through it today while my daughter was a softball practice and it has several pages already flagged. :cool1: Also included were some typed personal recipes that ALL look yummy!! My daughter is having her first sleep over tomorrow night and I think we'll try a few out!!!

Glad you liked them. Both are actually fundraisers for scholarship funds for students we have had die in tragic accidents since I've been teaching. I have to admit to being a sucker for fundraisers, but these were really meaningful ones so I have bought SEVERAL of each book over time.

I also received my book today (Three Rivers Cookbook II). It is from Jan, Sister of Sandy - sjh801. I flipped through it today while my daughter was a softball practice and it has several pages already flagged. :cool1: Also included were some typed personal recipes that ALL look yummy!! My daughter is having her first sleep over tomorrow night and I think we'll try a few out!!!

Jan can't get online so I am responding for her. Glad it arrived. Enjoy the cookbook and the recipes. Happy Cooking...and Baking!:goodvibes

I too recieved a package from Jan, the Three Rivers Cookbook II and it does have some super yummy looking recipes!! If only I had time to cook...oh well finals are over on May 10th and then I will console myself with lots of yummy food! Thanks so much to Jan!!

Well, that completes this exchange!! :woohoo:

We would still like to hear what Jan received though ::yes::

Thank you all. This exchange will repeat next April. If you want a reminder, let me know.

Thank you all. This exchange will repeat next April. If you want a reminder, let me know.

I sent two cookbooks. One was Bubba Gumps cookbook. We love that restaurant down here. I also sent her a cookbook up my alley, a four ingredient 30 minute type cook book! The easier the better!:thumbsup2 I hope she enjoyed them.:)

Well, there may be 1 or 2 ;) more extra packages still to arrive :teeth:
But, officially it is complete :rotfl:

Three Rivers Cookbooks!! Just had to chime in since I'm originally from Pittsburgh. YUM! I still use all mine--I think there are 3.

Ok, I am finally posting, ours came from the Great State of Texas ( land of the barbque) from Mad4Mickey, and I was spoiled :banana:

3 pack condiment squeeze bottles
hand towels
corn set
a texas chocolate bar ( unfortuantly it did not make the trip, it melted, lol but it was not too bad and we did manage to save the lolli !!! )
and lollie pop ( in the shape of texas:thumbsup2 )
The cooks guide to chicken and
The complete Grilling Handbook
A Texas Postcard

Thanks for Everything, we have never been to Texas so it was fun to get this stuff, and we will be using it ALL this weekend :goodvibes

DANG it I thought it was cool enough up there for it to make since we had a pretty cool weekend here LOL Sorry I knew I should have sent 2 lollie pops . They had a cool one shaped like a Dillo : )

Enjoy the cookbooks the chicken one looks like it would be hard to cook the stuff in it but it is GREAT and so easy .

Jan asked me to post her thank you. From talking to her, it sounds as if I may be copying some of the recipes, too.

Sandy

My exchange arrived this week to much surprise. There was a "4 Ingredients 30 Minutes or Less" cookbok and "The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. cookbook. I also recieved real cute 'Mickey' Post it notes which were quickly claimed by "You Know Who!" Thanks so much to 'lewdyan1'

Jan (cvemom)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter