Prayers for DH he is with our Lord 7/29/11

It's been a while since I've posted. Been hoping for better news. DH did the 4 treatments for Ippy drug which now has been approved as Yervoy. It was kinda rough. He lost 26 lbs. iron and B12 went low. He is feeling stronger now & had new PET scan done.

They are now saying the response was partial. It got rid of 2 tumors but 7 new small ones have appeared throughout his body. We are waiting to hear from University of VA to meet with them to see what they suggest. He may end up at the National Cancer Institute. When I looked them up they have several trials so maybe he'll be eligible for one.

If I may ask my DIS friends to please keep him in your prayers again. We know that God has helped him get through this so far & will continue to.

Thanks

Thank you for your continued prayers for my DH. We have heard from the UVA dr & he thinks DH would be a good candidate for the IL-2 drug. (This is the drug we really didn't want) The dr thinks that he is healthy enough for the side effects. We will be talking to another dr & praying about it. We know God has watched over him before through the other chemos. If I can ask for your prayers again to help him make a good decision.

Thanks,
Maryann

Thank you for your continued prayers and hugs. He has decided to go ahead with the treatment. It will begin on 6/13. He will be in the hospital for a week getting IL-2 every 8 hours for 5 days. The dr said it will be like the toy inflatable clown with the sand on the bottom where you punch him down & he gets back up & they will punch him back down again. :scared1:

Hopefully it won't be that bad & prayers will again help him get through it.

:hug: Continued prayers for your dh as he is anticipating this new treatment. Praying the side effects wil be tolerable.

He sounds like a real fighter! I always say, never give in and never give up!

(From another Maryann) Jeremiah 29:11

Big Hugs and prayers for your family. This is the first time I have came across your thread. I wish your husband the best. I was just diagnosed with Melanomaand just had my first surgery. Still trying to recovery from that.
I wish you both the best.....:hug:

Wanted to give an update. They had to stop dh's treatment after 2 treatments because they found a 4 cm tumor in the right atrium of his heart & a small one in his brain. We will be heading back to UVA on 7/11. We’re not sure what they will do but teams of doctors are figuring it out over the next 2 weeks.

The doctors are saying he’s unusual & interesting because what they read about him on paper & when they see him he doesn’t appear what they expect for what he has. His spirit is good and so is his appetite. They can’t believe he finished everything on his plate. I know he’ll be fine as long as he keeps that up. :goodvibes

We appreciate your prayers because we know it is a miracle that he is still going & feeling no pain. The doctors kept asking about his pain because they couldn’t believe he isn’t in any. I know it’s because of prayers and God’s mercy.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Maryann

Thank you for the update Maryann and will continue to keep you and your dh in our prayers.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter