Prayers for DH he is with our Lord 7/29/11

snoopybabe

Mouseketeer
If I may ask my DIS buddies to say a few prayers for my DH. He is battling metasized melanoma. On Friday he will be undergoing his 3rd operation in less then a year to remove a cancerous tumor in his lung. The last 2 ops prayers help with his pain & recovery.

Thank you.

:hug: Prayers for your dh that his surgery will go well tomm. The power of prayer is something I really believe in (you can read my threads sometime). Blessings to you both.

I am sending positive thoughts your (and his) way. :hug:

Adding my voice to the belief in prayers - will be praying for both of you through this difficult time.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Add me to those praying for him.....and I HATE cancer.....

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. DH did very well with the surgery. They removed the one tumor & found another one just beginning to grow and removed it too.

They were going to put him in ICU to be cautious but he improved so much while they were waiting for a space to open up that they were able to put him in a regular room. :goodvibes

I really believe all the prayers help guide the doctors and will continue to help him recover and battle the cancer through the next round of chemo.

Thank you all so much! :hug:

Glad he came through the surgery well and here is to more energy for the chemo part of cancer. I am with Mskanga, I hate cancer..

We saw the onocolgist today & received some good news and bad news.

First the good news is DH's brain MRI & abdominal CAT scan came back normal.

Unfortunately the chest CAT scan shows 2 spots on his left lung. They had removed the one tumor they knew about in July from his left lung and these 2 new ones are twice & three times as big.

We are kind of in shock how quickly they grew & popped up. His surgeon swears he looked & held his lung in his hand & did not see anything else.

They don't want to do surgery this time but may try a more aggressive immunotherapy/chemotherapy. He previously had a year of interferon back in 2001 and had 4 weeks of chemo this passed spring.

Our onocolgist office is working on setting up an appointment with a melanoma guru up at the Massey Center at VCU in Richmond VA. We will know more once we get to meet with the doctor & can weigh options. Has anyone had any experience with the Massey Center at VCU?

We appreciated all your prayers that you had prayed for him & know it helped with his recovery.

We truly believe that with God's help the doctors and DH will continue to fight and hopefully beat this cancer.

I do not have any experience with the hospital you are asking about... Is it a teaching hospital or a cancer treatment center and I would think if your oncologist is setting you up with a melanoma guru, I would take that and run with it.

I have to say melanoma is one of those tough ones like pancreatic, which is what my husband has, I would say and do this.. I would take each day as it comes and go with the doctor's recommendations. Whatever treatment he recommends, I would do my reading on so that you are knowledgeable about the side effects, success rate, etc. Just know this, you are in a battle with a disease that knows no bounds.....gear up and put your armour on and get in there and fight right beside your DH..

Please come here if you need to talk, vent, whatever, we are here for you..

We saw the onocolgist today & received some good news and bad news.

First the good news is DH's brain MRI & abdominal CAT scan came back normal.

Unfortunately the chest CAT scan shows 2 spots on his left lung. They had removed the one tumor they knew about in July from his left lung and these 2 new ones are twice & three times as big.

We are kind of in shock how quickly they grew & popped up. His surgeon swears he looked & held his lung in his hand & did not see anything else.

They don't want to do surgery this time but may try a more aggressive immunotherapy/chemotherapy. He previously had a year of interferon back in 2001 and had 4 weeks of chemo this passed spring.

Our onocolgist office is working on setting up an appointment with a melanoma guru up at the Massey Center at VCU in Richmond VA. We will know more once we get to meet with the doctor & can weigh options. Has anyone had any experience with the Massey Center at VCU?

We appreciated all your prayers that you had prayed for him & know it helped with his recovery.

We truly believe that with God's help the doctors and DH will continue to fight and hopefully beat this cancer.

I grew up in Richmond and VCU is one of the best hospitals around. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time, hopefully everyday things will be better and better.

I do not have any experience with the hospital you are asking about... Is it a teaching hospital or a cancer treatment center and I would think if your oncologist is setting you up with a melanoma guru, I would take that and run with it.

I have to say melanoma is one of those tough ones like pancreatic, which is what my husband has, I would say and do this.. I would take each day as it comes and go with the doctor's recommendations. Whatever treatment he recommends, I would do my reading on so that you are knowledgeable about the side effects, success rate, etc. Just know this, you are in a battle with a disease that knows no bounds.....gear up and put your armour on and get in there and fight right beside your DH..

Please come here if you need to talk, vent, whatever, we are here for you..

Thank you & hugs :grouphug:and saying prayers for your family too. It helps to come here & vent.

We heard from DH onocolgist office & the onocologist up at VCU does not do the Interlukin-2 so now we are waiting to hear from the cancer center at the University of VA. After digesting the news a bit we are feeling more hopeful.

Thank you also for the advice of taking it one day at a time. Sometimes I get ahead of myself. Today we all went to the VA Air & Space museum as a family & it was wonderful. We need to remember to enjoy the moment and not look to far into the future.

My armor is on & I will be there with him fighting, cheering him up & lots of love.:lovestruc

Last summer your prayers really helped my DH recover from lung surgery. Unfortuantely, they have found another tumor in his right lung & will be removing it this Wed. 8/4

I know this is his 9th cancer surgery & 3rd lung surgery so the surgeon is saying we know the routine but I still worry and would feel better if prayers are said. I'm asking God to please guide the surgeon's hands and watch over my DH.

TIA Disers for your prayers!

Sending positive thoughts and Koala cuddles to your husband and family.

Hope all goes well with the surgery.
:hug:
Quasar

Continued prayers for your dh. I am sure this is so hard for the both of you.

I always say, cancer is tough and we gotta fight tougher.

I know it brings me alot of comfort when I know others are praying too, so keep relying on God. :hug:

Wishing your dh all the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter