• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Paper Layout Challenge #1 - Winner posted page 12!!!

Great pages.

The 9/11 one has me thinking. I should do a page about my thoughts on that day. I'd just been diagnosed with breast cancer and was awaiting my surgery. It was a dark day for me. Not only was I worrying about all those people, but also my children, my husband, and my health. It seemed like my life and my world was crumbling around me. Somehow my thoughts that day are sort of symbolic of the thought process you go through when you face mortality. So when I hear 9/11, I not only think of what happened in NYC, DC and Penn., but also in my head and my heart that day. I've collected stuff to make a breast cancer album and that layout would be great in there, don't you think?

Well mine's not going well. I printed the pics at 5x7 and she couldn't do a mat finish. So now I'm off to Walmart to try again.

Even if I don't make the deadline I will still post.

Ugh! I'm so sorry!!! :(

I need to work on the LO for Cam's recent XC ribbon...but I just found out that XC has been cancelled today so I really have to watch the time and go pick him up from school..

The rain has been off and on all day... anyway, off to work on a few things.. Hope Walmart is able to print that photo correctly for you!!!

Great pages.

The 9/11 one has me thinking. I should do a page about my thoughts on that day. I'd just been diagnosed with breast cancer and was awaiting my surgery. It was a dark day for me. Not only was I worrying about all those people, but also my children, my husband, and my health. It seemed like my life and my world was crumbling around me. Somehow my thoughts that day are sort of symbolic of the thought process you go through when you face mortality. So when I hear 9/11, I not only think of what happened in NYC, DC and Penn., but also in my head and my heart that day. I've collected stuff to make a breast cancer album and that layout would be great in there, don't you think?

OH Merry that would be a very remarkable page.. best of luck with it...and glad you are here with us now!!! :hug:

I agree with PN96 that would be a very powerful page - and glad that you are here with us...

Aw thanks. I've been cancer-free for almost 7 years. I intend to stick around for quite some time. But at the time, it felt like the end of the world. ;) You hear cancer and think it means you are going to die.

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

She looks more like me everyday!!! Love ya princess blink!!!

LOVE the LO~ LOVE IT!!!

Hey, our girls must have something w/ diamonds, pink and black!!

Buffy!!! My daughter wore that same outfit (except with the gray skirt) for the first day of school - gotta love Target (pronounced Taar jai) she had white cable knee high socks and black mary janes.

Your layout is super cute - I especially like the looking glass

She looks more like me everyday!!! Love ya princess blink!!!

LOVE the LO~ LOVE IT!!!

Hey, our girls must have something w/ diamonds, pink and black!!

She has do dress like her big girl cousin you know!

Buffy!!! My daughter wore that same outfit (except with the gray skirt) for the first day of school - gotta love Target (pronounced Taar jai) she had white cable knee high socks and black mary janes.

Your layout is super cute - I especially like the looking glass

I love Taar Jai! She has finally gotten out of the baby dept for shirts and thankfully with the elastic waist/button thing I can get the matching bottoms. She wears a 4T shirt but 3T pant so matching can be tough. The T-shirt underneath is the white wone with the black sequin Griffon on it.

:sad1: I wanna princess: to dress up.

Cute layout, love the outfit.

are you sure??? With the boys I could pass clothes on, but with DD I have to buy all new. It kills the bank account! And I dread the teen years!

I understand it was a suggestion! I was just commenting to that I would prefer it to be open because I have other things to scrap.....nothing more.. wasn't trying to start a fight with anyone.. just giving my suggestion out there!

No, I didn't mean you were starting a fight. ;) I guess I just responded because it feels like every LO got at least one comment, but no one commented on mine, and only picked up on the suggestion.

I guess I'm just weird. :P I LOVE to scrap Disney. I've scrapped over 160 pages for my '07 Disney album, and I'm still no where done. I've completed well over 100 of those pages this year, and only did 2 pages that weren't Disney related this year. I've made over 50 digital LOs, and over half of those were Disney related. I'm pretty much scrapping all Disney, all the time. :)

No, I didn't mean you were starting a fight. ;) I guess I just responded because it feels like every LO got at least one comment, but no one commented on mine, and only picked up on the suggestion.

I guess I'm just weird. :P I LOVE to scrap Disney. I've scrapped over 160 pages for my '07 Disney album, and I'm still no where done. I've completed well over 100 of those pages this year, and only did 2 pages that weren't Disney related this year. I've made over 50 digital LOs, and over half of those were Disney related. I'm pretty much scrapping all Disney, all the time. :)

I meant to come back to yours, but Nancy had me on a timer!! LOL

It looked so sharp that I swore it was digital at first, everything looks fab. But I really like the letters for the title, who makes them?

I meant to come back to yours, but Nancy had me on a timer!! LOL

It looked so sharp that I swore it was digital at first, everything looks fab. But I really like the letters for the title, who makes them?

Haha, thanks. :)

I love those letters, too! They are chipboard, but they look like wood. They are by Li'l Davis. I got a whole set from QVC, so I have them in several colors, and 2 sizes. Here's an example in brown & the larger letters:

http://heatherw.com/other/gallery/v/other/scrapbook/disney/disney_mgm07_nfl.jpg.html

and the small size but pink
http://heatherw.com/other/gallery/v/other/scrapbook/disney/disney_mgm07_mkdj_both.jpg.html

oh my i love princess blink layout! you rock. you just whipped that up and its so nice. i'd plan for days and it still would not be that nice!

love it!

so is the challange over? i can't wait to see who wins!

Haha, thanks. :)

I love those letters, too! They are chipboard, but they look like wood. They are by Li'l Davis. I got a whole set from QVC, so I have them in several colors, and 2 sizes. Here's an example in brown & the larger letters:

http://heatherw.com/other/gallery/v/other/scrapbook/disney/disney_mgm07_nfl.jpg.html

and the small size but pink
http://heatherw.com/other/gallery/v/other/scrapbook/disney/disney_mgm07_mkdj_both.jpg.html

I really like those, I instantly thought BTMR when I saw your NFL ones.

oh my i love princess blink layout! you rock. you just whipped that up and its so nice. i'd plan for days and it still would not be that nice!

love it!

so is the challange over? i can't wait to see who wins!

I think it is but Dyan has a migraine so I don't think she'll be on.

do you guys want to wait for her or should I draw a name? And does the winner want to do the next challenge or should we do a sign up list like the Digi group?

ETA to say thanks! Yep, I bought the outfit for Disney and DD was wearing it yesterday so I took her next door to mom's to take the pics last night.
I tend to throw pages together at the last minute.

Oh and I bought the paper at SDV, I couldn't resist!

i guess it's better that way. i tend to over think stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter