Paper Layout Challenge #1 - Winner posted page 12!!!

Here's my entry. I always have such a hard time photographing my LOs, so I appologize for that!

mk_railroad.jpg

In the digital challenges here, there's always one constant rule, that your LO has to be Disney related (not necessarily the Disney parks.) I don't know if you guys wanted to use that for the paper challenges too?

I'm such a doodoo. I did respond, but must have closed my screen before it took because I don't see it now.

I too love those letters.

kswm30b, I'm sorry none of us said anything. It's a cute layout. I love the Disney paper. I have trouble getting up my nerve to use the Disney papers. Sometimes they look so busy. But I love the way this turned out. Your pictures really pop with the red behind them. And the train is too cute. Is that a sticker?

Waiting for Dyan is fine with me, unless you guys want to go ahead and pick? Hope she gets to feeling better.

No, I didn't mean you were starting a fight. ;) I guess I just responded because it feels like every LO got at least one comment, but no one commented on mine, and only picked up on the suggestion.

I guess I'm just weird. :P I LOVE to scrap Disney. I've scrapped over 160 pages for my '07 Disney album, and I'm still no where done. I've completed well over 100 of those pages this year, and only did 2 pages that weren't Disney related this year. I've made over 50 digital LOs, and over half of those were Disney related. I'm pretty much scrapping all Disney, all the time. :)

You know why I didn't respond....because I sketched it and wanted to utilize it in my own books.. so I was too busy "lifting" it.. I'm so sorry.. I do like the LO a lot... I'm always corralling 3-5 kids and my DH so sometimes I don't get really close up shots like that...but boy would I love too!!!

I think it is but Dyan has a migraine so I don't think she'll be on.

So sorry Dyan is icky.. Damn migraines! :flower3:

do you guys want to wait for her or should I draw a name? And does the winner want to do the next challenge or should we do a sign up list like the Digi group?

It doesn't matter if we wait.. I think it would be nice to have the winner host the next one...or it may be just easier to get a sign up sheet so we can have people thinking a head so there isn't so much pressure to come up w/ something quick to get it up and running... but that is just me.. the girl who wants to scrap but is too exhausted to think right now...about a LO

ETA to say thanks! Yep, I bought the outfit for Disney and DD was wearing it yesterday so I took her next door to mom's to take the pics last night.
I tend to throw pages together at the last minute.

Oh and I bought the paper at SDV, I couldn't resist!

:love: that paper!!

I am up again and my DD is writing the names to put in a bowl and draw a winner! be back in a few minutes!!!:hyper:

Drum roll please...the winner is .....Lisa!!!

This was so much fun! I would be happy to host again, any time...

Lisa please e-mail or pm me your address.:)

I have to add, even though Lisa won, I think we are all winners because we have an additional page of memories completed! :)

The moderators would like to remind you to be respectful when talking to or about other posters. Also, please bear in mind that the Creative Community is a place of INclusion, not EXclusion. Just as cooking discussions do not need to be only about Disney recipes or gardening discussions do not need to be only about Disney gardens, the scrapping board is not just about scrapping Disney photos.

While we like to have people go to other sites to visit, we hope this is home to many, if not all of you. Sticking to just Disney may lead to people go elsewhere and we don't want that! We have become a family here over the years and every year our family photo gets larger as we incorporate new sisters and brothers into the clan. Yes it gets a little squishy at times when you get stuck between Uncle Earl and Aunt B, but don't worry we'll make room for everyone. So please just have a little patience and respect as we work out the kinks for a new family photo for Grandpa Pete.

Signed,

The Creative Community Moderating Team

Drum roll please...the winner is .....Lisa!!!

This was so much fun! I would be happy to host again, any time...

Lisa please e-mail or pm me your address.:)

I have to add, even though Lisa won, I think we are all winners because we have an additional page of memories completed! :)

WAHOOOOEEYYY Lisa!!!!! I'm gonna text her right now, she might be visiting DD.

The moderators would like to remind you to be respectful when talking to or about other posters. Also, please bear in mind that the Creative Community is a place of INclusion, not EXclusion. Just as cooking discussions do not need to be only about Disney recipes or gardening discussions do not need to be only about Disney gardens, the scrapping board is not just about scrapping Disney photos.

While we like to have people go to other sites to visit, we hope this is home to many, if not all of you. Sticking to just Disney may lead to people go elsewhere and we don't want that! We have become a family here over the years and every year our family photo gets larger as we incorporate new sisters and brothers into the clan. Yes it gets a little squishy at times when you get stuck between Uncle Earl and Aunt B, but don't worry we'll make room for everyone. So please just have a little patience and respect as we work out the kinks for a new family photo for Grandpa Pete.

Signed,

thanks Deb!

Congrats Lisa!

Signed,

This obviously is posted for me, since I'm the only one that brought it up. I'm starting to think I just shouldn't have even posted in this thread. Everytime I said something, I just caused more problems. I just made an innocent suggestion, and was fine with no one agreeing. Then with what I said about the comments, I feel like I guilted people into commenting, lol, which again, was not my intention.

I think it's better that I just admire everyone else's entries from now on in the challenge. I'll stick to just posting my LOs in the threads where you can share your LOs.

Congrats Lisa!

This obviously is posted for me, since I'm the only one that brought it up. I'm starting to think I just shouldn't have even posted in this thread. Everytime I said something, I just caused more problems. I just made an innocent suggestion, and was fine with no one agreeing. Then with what I said about the comments, I feel like I guilted people into commenting, lol, which again, was not my intention.

I think it's better that I just admire everyone else's entries from now on in the challenge. I'll stick to just posting my LOs in the threads where you can share your LOs.

No it wasn't for you, this was a culmination of several threads, and we posted on several threads about how we need try to keep the scrap boards harmonious for all, not just Disney fanatics.

The one thing about scrappers that I have noticed is that we are passionate, about a lot of things. So the choices in how we scrap are an extension and an expression of those passions. I think the best thing for all is to continue on having paper and digi challenges, Disney and Non-Disney challenges and swaps, and just enjoy everyones pages and hope we can draw inspiration from everyone.

My motto is as follows:
Your life should not revolve around your scrapbooks, your scrapbooks should revolve around your life.

As for your pics, honestly, I am in and out of the boards so much and have so much going on in my head I tend to forget where I post and when. I am sorry I over looked your page! :flower3:

me too!!! I used their Xmas line too.
Did I show you that one?

No, I'd love to see it..

Congrats Lisa!

No, I don't think this was directed at you at all.. NOT ONE bit.. There has been some uproars all over...and I think it was just a friendly reminder for everyone... I don't think ANY of us were disrespectful in our discussion.. you made a suggestion, I made a suggestion, and no other problems occured... Please don't stop posting LO's because of the reminder notice that was posted on several threads for everyone.

Guilted people into commenting.. Not me.. like I said, I had sketched it out earlier because it intrigued me... :)

No it wasn't for you, this was a culmination of several threads, and we posted on several threads about how we need try to keep the scrap boards harmonious for all, not just Disney fanatics.

The one thing about scrappers that I have noticed is that we are passionate, about a lot of things. So the choices in how we scrap are an extension and an expression of those passions. I think the best thing for all is to continue on having paper and digi challenges, Disney and Non-Disney challenges and swaps, and just enjoy everyones pages and hope we can draw inspiration from everyone.

My motto is as follows:
Your life should not revolve around your scrapbooks, your scrapbooks should revolve around your life.

As for your pics, honestly, I am in and out of the boards so much and have so much going on in my head I tend to forget where I post and when. I am sorry I over looked your page! :flower3:

EXACTLY what she said!!!!

Thank you, thank you very much. :grouphug: I agree we are all winners here because the challenge did challenge us and we got layouts accomplished.

Tinkerbean, I loved your layout of Daisy, and BAMB, you know my feelings on Princess Blink :love: All layouts with her in it are always spectacular! Jennifer, your layout was sooo moving, it gave me chills. Thank you for sharing such a personal story with us through your scrapbooking. MerryPoppins, I just can't imagine what you were feeling that day emotionally to what you were going thru combined with what was happening to our country. You must have felt the world and everything good was being ripped from you. Jennifer and MerryPoppins, I want to thank you, because of your stories, I am going to do a layout on a very personal event that is going on in our lives right now, that I probably would not have done with out you sharing what you have gone thru.:grouphug:

kswm30b, I don't feel it would be better that you admire everyone else's entries from now on in the challenge, and stick to just posting your LOs in the threads where we can share our LOs. Without going further into the topic, I hope you will reconsider your decision.

Again, thank you, this really ended a roller coaster of an emotional day on a positive note. You guys are the best, and I am glad I "know"/know you all. :grouphug:

YAY, Lisa!!!!

So, what's up next? I really had fun with this one......I was on a mission last weekend to get it done....it was kind of purposeful scrapping:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter