Organize Your Space Challenge - Week 4 Remaining Embellishments, Tools, Albums

I see that you have those Studio G glitter glues - how do those compare to Stickles? I was looking at a couple of bottles yesterday and thought a few looked cool. But didn't buy them because worried they might not be good.

they are ok. The tips are really big even though they say fine tip. I much prefer the stickles but I figured for a buck they were worth trying. I probably won't buy them again because the colors are the same as the stickles.

My inks were already done, but I think I want another one of those 3 drawer plastic thingys like I have for my stamps.

Not done with day 3, but day 4 is a cinch!

Day 5: Collect Paper

Now we are getting into it. Paper. I actually have a good system, but it can be a PITA to get everything put away, regardless. I don't think I need to put the one bag of 10 sheets away, I'll save it until I have more. Next thing, I know, I have 5 bags from purchases, I've dug a bunch out for swaps, and then it's too much for me to want to deal with.

First thing we need to do, is just get all the paper in one spot. New paper that is still in bags, paper you might have pulled out for a project and didn't use, paper you might have sorted in the past, but the system didn't work for you. Find a box or basket or a table somewhere where you can get it all in one place.

If you have a paper organizational system that works, you can leave everything already sorted where it is, and just pull together all the paper that isn't where it should be.

Paper was the primary thing that exploded everywhere in the pics I posted in the original post. So just collecting all the paper made a big dent in the appearance of my room. I got 3 containers to work with.

1. Paper Scraps. I put these all in an Iris box, where they are at least neat until we get to them, near the end of the organizational challenge.

2. Single sheets. These are primarily recent purchases, or paper that had been pulled out, but not used when I was working on Christmas presents. I also put these in an Iris box.

3. I also had a bunch of paper that never got sorted when I originally sorted my paper because I ran out of Cropper Hoppers. I had 3 project keepers from the days when all my paper fit in a small space. I have some old value pack paper from the days before I used primarily Bazzill (but they still work well for Cricut paper piecings), and I have a bunch of paper packs of like 25 sheets that I got at Big Lots. All of these went into a document box.

collectpaper.jpg

On Thursday, we will begin the process of sorting the paper. While you are gathering, start thinking about how you might want to sort. I sort my cardstock: Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Gray, Black & White. Patterned Paper is the one that always trips people up. I scrap mostly by theme, so that is how I have the majority of my PP sorted: Disney, Christmas, Halloween, Other Holiday, Cruise/Travel, Zoo etc. That takes care of about 80% of my paper. I also have a few "favorite" manufacturers that I buy many pieces of one line, so I keep these together, sorted by manufacturer: Basic Grey, Imaginisce, American Crafts and SEI, I think are the only ones I have sorted out. The last 10% I have sorted by pattern: Flowers, Striped, Dots, and then I have a very small section that is a for anything left. Some people prefer to sort entirely by manufacturer, or by the primary color in the paper. I figure the sort, is going to take many days, so that's why I set it up to start when I go on my trip, so that you will have over a week to try and get through it all. Sorting would also be a good time to purge anything that you don't think you'll use.

Hopefully, collecting all your paper will make as much of a difference in your space as it did mine.

So, I've been working a couple of days ahead, so I could make sure I was ready to make my daily posts. Yesterday, I accidentally stumbled across a solution to my loose ribbon/loose fiber storage problem. You know, all the pieces you get from embellishment swaps. I had been putting them in ziplocs, and the ziplocs multiplied, until I couldn't keep track of what I had.

Well, yesterday I emptied my 8x8 Bazzill paper packs into my new Cropper Hoppers that I got from Tuesday Morning. I went to throw all the plastic bags away, when inspiration struck. I ended up sorting all those pieces by color, and using the baggies as storage! Then today, I unwrapped the 12x12 Disney Parks kits I've gotten over the last couple of trips to put in their home, and realized that those bags were even better for some colors because they were bigger. So now, not only can I see exactly what I have, if I need a green ribbon/fiber to finish a page, I only have to dig through the green baggie, instead of dumping everything out and hoping I see the thing that will look best. When we get to the ribbon/fiber sorting, I'll post a picture. But I thought I would share now, since it was paper packaging that provided me with the inspiration.

Ok I'm on board... Chalk, alchohol inks,Stickles stamp pads, acriylic stamp blocks,and cats eyes all organized and I opened up an entire drawer by combining alot of my smaller things.
I did get all my punches up and on the wall though. And all my swap items are all labled and in boxes now.
This is slow and go but I'm getting there.
How do I get a blingy thing for my signature?

I organized my inks this morning. They are all in a tub. When I move things to add one more shelf to my scrap room they will be moving to the new shelf. The shelf is one sitting out in the garage holding nothing so it won't even cost anything.

Rebecca

:scared1: It's paper day.... still need to organize stamps. I am going to update my At Least 3 Things to do list.

I think most of my paper is all set but I do know I have a few loose pieces. I do plan on purging some more paper too.

Hey Hope, in books and magazines can we have a section for filing away inspiration. I went through my magazines last night but I need to file my stuff away, just need the motivation.

they are ok. The tips are really big even though they say fine tip. I much prefer the stickles but I figured for a buck they were worth trying. I probably won't buy them again because the colors are the same as the stickles.

Thanks. That's what I was wondering how the tip and such really were - I'm having a touch time getting used to the wide tip on the Distress Stickles (I prefer thin lines and don't do much fill-in work). I'll stick with my Stickles - especially because the last few times I bought them I got them for $1.20 at my LSS. :thumbsup2

Day 5 - done. All my paper (even the ones I am currently working on) are all in the same place. Will wait to start sorting tomorrow.

I'm joining in ladies. I havne't done anything yet but will be catching up this weekend hopefully.

I plan to snatch up my piles and have the kids help me sort through tonight!! Then I plan to purge my tinsy-weenie pieces to the garbage... I save even the darn slivers..

I've got to get this all done and sorted tonight because I want to put them back on my table so that they are in sight so I'll utilize them first!!!

I collected all my paper. I went ahead and sorted my loose solid cardstock and paper into my solid paper rack. I had kept it fairly neat all along so this was really just putting away things I had pulled out to use or that I had bought and not yet put away.

I collected my scraps in 2 places- scraps that have been cut down and need to be filed. I file all my scraps in file folders in a file cabinet I wasn't using. I file them by color choosing the main color in patterns. The second group of scraps are those that I still need to cut. I don't file the scraps away (my scraps are primarily from use with the craftrobo and cricut) until I cut them down to square or circle pieces- I don't leave all the little cutout areas on them,- they are kept clean to be used as they are or cut down as needed. Anyway those that I need to cut down I put into an iris box. I will be terying to cut them down and move them into the tote by the time we get to organizing scraps in a month.

The patterned cardstock is a mess and I need to reorganize my stack for it. I just put the ones not in the stack in a tote today but when I go to do this all of it needs to come out of the stack and be resorted by category. I do mine like Hope- by holidays, Disney, school, and then by pattern in SEI stuff (main manufacturer I buy) and other types of patterns.

Rebecca

Believen, glad to know I'm not alone!:hug:

Paper is all corraled into one area. I even found a set of Disney papers that I didnt know I had bought 2 of!
I think I have alot of paper but I know I dont have anything compared to alot of you!:goodvibes

Ok, stamps are all in one spot now! :cool1: Paper is pretty much all in the same area, except for one drawer of scraps.

My paper is good.
Except for what I have out now to use for a swap.
My DH made me these wooden units to hold my paper.
100_1232_edited-1.jpg

I have one more now. They are split according to color, color patter and then by holidays/seasons.
LOL, they are also now filled to the gills. There isn't much room in there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter