Organize Your Space Challenge - Week 4 Remaining Embellishments, Tools, Albums

Day 6: Adhesives

Now that the paper is now in one place, lets reward ourselves by having an easy day. Adhesives. I was surprised when I was cleaning out things to find out my adhesives were in about 5 places. Xyron refills in one place, photo stickers is 2 different places, Zig Pens in 3 different places, all opened :confused3. I also wanted to find a place to stick my ATG gun when I am cutting, and not have to move it 5 million times, because it is always in the way.

My solution was the large shelf from my one Jetmax cube. The extra Xyron refills, and my ATG refills are in the back. Glue Dots, photo stickers in front of that, and my ATG and zig pens in the front. Now that I know I have like 3 open photo stickers, 3 glue sticks, and I think 5 opened Zig pens, I can use up some, and have a little bit more space in there.

adhesive.jpg

ETA: So I went to edit the first post, after posting, and realized that today was actually supposed to be Sizzix day. Oh well, :rotfl2: those two are now switched, since it was Adhesives I had the photo for. There is a wee bit of a mess in front of my Sizzix drawer at the moment. But I figured I should mention the switch, in case someone was working ahead and got a little confused.

Trying to get caught up here. I last posted on "Stamp" organizing day, but I wasn't home and said I would purge some when I was home. Well... I purged my 10-ish on Sunday night. Felt like CRAP yesterday when I got home from school but fortunately all of my paper is fairly organized, so I didn't have much to do.

I keep my solid cardstock in Priority Mail boxes on top of a 4 drawer unit right next to my table (organized ROYGBIV). Two of the drawers in that unit are for scraps... solid near the top and patterned scraps nearer the bottom.

I keep patterned paper in a few 12 x 12 drawer units... some organized by type (mostly the stuff bought single-y) and some just organized by "pack". I have two other LARGE drawers where I put the overflow (unopened packs of both solid and patterned). Disney has a drawer to itself and 8 1/2 x 11 has a drawer to itself. I also have two 12 x 12 accordion files that are full of patterned paper organized by type (school, sports, fishing, birthday). But most of that is much older and I am trying to purge it. I got rid of all of my baby paper and most of my juvenile birthday stuff last month.

I skipped the chalk day. I have one 12 x 12 drawer that holds my chalks, embossing, glitter, etc. I don't tend to use much of that type of stuff.

And I will consider myself done for tomorrow (Sizzix) also. I have 1 1/2 large drawers full of Sizzlets alphabets and Sizzix dies. I am not interested in purging any since I still use them and they are contained and well organized..................P

ETA: I didn't mention TODAY.... adhesives are all in one 12 x 12 drawer. I mostly just have dotto refills, CM tape runner refills, and zig pen refills. I don't use glue dots much and the few I have I keep right on my table, close at hand. I can't fit my Xyron refills in the drawer, so they sit on top of the book shelf where I have most of my boxes/drawers................P

didn't get a chance to work on fun paper, I was busy sorting 2008 papers like bills and such. Adhesive and cuttlebug stuff are all set so I will work on paper over the next few days, it's really not terrible so it won't take long.

I wanna play too!!!! Luckily most of the things y'all have done already is pretty well organized in my room.

1. Stickles & Flock -- we had an old cd/dvd skinny bookcase that I put behind my scrap table and the first couple of shelves have my stickles and flock bottles set where I can see what color they are easily.

2. Cricut -- my cartridges are on shelves on the wall above my Cricut so that I can get them easily. They are all stored in their boxes, but in no particular order. The only problem I have is the one Solutions cartridge I have since it doesn't have a box. It's just sitting on top at the moment. My mats are on the shelf below my bug and extra blades are in my "extras" drawer by my table.

3. Stamps -- I don't have many stamps, but I seem to be collecting more of them and they were outgrowing where I have them and making it harder to see what I have. I was in Tuesday Morning and they had this little plastic tower with 4 drawers (it's maybe 6 inches wide and 18 inches high) and it'll be perfect for my stamps and chalks and ink pads. That's what I'll be organizing today since I haven't moved anything into it yet.

4. Chalks/Inks -- as stated above, I'll put them in the drawer thing with the stamps

5. Collect paper -- I just did this the other day because it was driving me batty having it scattered everywhere. I now have it all in one stack and just need to sort through it and put it away. I have my solid cardstock sorted by color (reds, greens, browns, blues, pinks/purples, yellows/oranges, white/black) in 12x12 stacking drawers. My patterned paper is sorted by theme (Christmas, Fall/Halloween, Wild Animals, Cats, Boy Scouts, Flowers, Disney, Food/Cooking, etc.). My paper scraps are filed by color in folders and then I have one folder of patterned paper scraps. I cut them into neat squares or rectangles before I file them otherwise those extra bits catch on each other and I get frustrated and won't bother with them.

6. Adhesives -- the zig pens I'm currently using are in my spinning caddy by my table. Extra glue pens and any other type of adhesive is in my "extras" drawer by the scrap table so I can get to them easily. My Xyron and extra cartridges are on a shelf together in the bookcase.

So, it looks like I just need to organize my stamps, chalks, and inks to get caught up with y'all!!!!!!

Adhesives is already done.. I did that a while ago... I have my glue/glue pens in a little basket on my table.. my glue dots, tape runner, refills of all sorts in a drawer or two!!!

So, I'm going to finish sorting my papers from yesterday momentarily!!!
My sizzix items are already done too!!! :)

Paper scraps all sorted and organized and thinned out...

Tomorrow I will gather all 12x12 paper up and get it organized from the new ones I have bought and just stacked in stacks.. probably find the same paper 4 or more times because I forgot I bought it the time before!!! :)

My adhesive was also already done. I have the frequently used in my Making Memories carousel and back-up in a drawer.

Mine are done although I always keep them in the same drawer- I straightened it today but I think I will use a cute little tote I have for those I use most often so i don't have to pull them out all the time.

Rebecca

Adhesives - done, although they are in two different places because I have the smaller ones (like the liquid glue, the dotto refills, and glue dots) in one box, and the big Xyron refills all stacked on the bookshelf. But they are all together :thumbsup2

Congratulations guys! We are one week in! Hopefully, you are starting to see a dent. One thing about taking this slow is that you have time to develop a plan. If I was cleaning my room the old way, I would have just been shoving things in a drawer with some empty space. I wouldn't know what I had, and it wouldn't be conducive to creativity later, since I wouldn't be able to find stuff easily.

Next up. Sizzix, Quickutz, Cuttlebug and any other manual die cutting system you have. There was basically nothing for me to do for this one. Except, clean the stuff in front of my storage, so I could take the picture.

A couple of years ago, I found some Sterilite drawers at a garage sale. One of them holds all my Sizzix stuff. Good thing is that with the Cricut, I haven't been buying more Sizzix, so all my dies and replacement cutting pads still fit in the drawer. There really isn't room for more bigger dies, but there is room for Sizzlits or Cuttlebug dies. The machine and my Sidekick, I keep on a small table.

sizzix.jpg

I'm done for today since I don't have a Sizzix or any other cutting sytem but the Cricut!!!!:banana:

:scared1:

i started with my sizzix and i just love it. STILL. i can't help it. i have a complete addiction to them! i think i need a 12 step program when it comes to them. AWM is my sponsor. it was murder when she went to WDW last summer and they came out with the halloween ones. i thought i'd go nuts. i wanted them all.
mine are all in copy paper boxes right now. i wish i had a shelf or something to put them on.

Nice. :) Got the box by the way...Thanks! :)

:rotfl2:
They are now organized.
Hopefully you will find things the girls can use.

My adhesive is all stuffed into two drawers, except for what I have out when I use it.

Will take a photo of my sizzix/cuttlebug stuff later after the boys leave.

ok...I'm caught up now! So I don't know if I had mentioned this before, but I am moving into a new "office" at my house. A few years ago we put on an addition and ended up with 5 bedrooms, but one was small...We let the kids have the 2 new rooms, the guest room was the average room and I took the small room. Well, it is now 4 years later, we still don't have a bed for the guest room and it was full of junk. So we cleared it out, got new flooring (instead of builder's grade stained with paint carpet) and set up a new, more organized space! So I've been working on it! And it is lovely...I'll have to see what pictures I have to post of my before in the small room and the empty big room. I have no pictures of it right now, though... So far I have thrown away approximately 6 large bags of trash, junk and things I just don't know why I had. (you know what I mean...) Once it is all done, I will be sooooo happy. ;)

Before...please don't judge me...(no one outside of my family has seen these...)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Empty...much more relaxing...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have paper, embellishments, stickers, etc. in the cabinet. I have adhesives, Sizzix dies, fiber, etc. in the bookcase. I use recycled glass jars for my ribbon "scraps". They too are sorted by color. It works well. :) I would estimate that I am about 85% moved. I'm almost there!

Thanks for the motivation!

Come to my house, please.

HELP ME!!

I want my room to look as nice as yours.

What color is that wall? Can I steal it?

No judging from me. We would both be painted with the same brush.

That color is called Swim Team (I had to pick it...) I think it was Sherwin Williams. We did it 4 years ago when it was to be a guest room...sigh... I love it with the white though... And the dark floors.

OMG mickster I love your new room. i only wish i had a room. and no judging by me either. mine looks worse than yours.

i am so trying to talk dh into finishing off the basement so i can have a nice spot too.

I get a bigger room in one year.. as soon as DsS leaves for college I get his room!!! I've already claimed it... DsS says he is NEVER coming home again when he leaves except for money... to which I said then you won't mind sleeping on the pull out couch like everyone else who asks for money.. He says "why".. I said.. cause pull out couches are NOT comfortable you won't be asking for money after that! (we actually have another spare room)

ETA: no judging here!!! Love the new room!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter