Organize Your Space Challenge - Week 4 Remaining Embellishments, Tools, Albums

Great tip about using the biggest zig pen to make the mats sticky again. What do you clean yours w/ ahead of before?

I use baby wipes to clean my cricut mats though I never reglue them. Once the mat has lost its sticky, I recycle and cut it up to make a small album cover.

All my cartridges are in order! I store my in black wire CD cases. I have three and all sit on the table behind my cricut machine. Makes it easy for my friends to find when they come over to the house when I am not home to borrow one.:goodvibes

Too easy on me to start - again already done.

When I bought my big bug, I needed a place to put it so I bought a cart designed to hold a printer. Luckily, it had shelves so that also solved my cartridge storage problem:
IMG_7112.jpg
[/IMG]

Being an anal retentive scrapper, they are organized fonts first, then classmates, then Disney, then shapes, and within those categories they are alphabetical. Right now I only have one solutions cart so it's hanging loose right now - I may eventually buy a box for it since I like to keep them like this.

The space behind the cartridges is kind of dead space, so I have my baby bug and my sizzix stored there since I hardly ever use them.

Extra blades and mats also have a designated home.

Another one accomplished -on the white wall shelf, my cart boxes are all arranged much like Suzanne's - categories together. Makes it so much easier to get them. So far, so good, - but when you get to the paper items - then I'm in trouble!!!

I got mine together. I don't have many carts so they all fit into one basket that also holds my replacement blades, deep cutting blade and housing, and cricut colors. I also cleaned and resticked my mats. I only use new mats with the cricut but I reuse those mats to cut with my craftrobo pro after they need to be resticked. I just spray them with Krylon though.

Rebecca

Ok, I'm late joining in, but my Stickles are already organized on a shelf! And my cartridges are organized like NEE's. By font, shape, Disney, etc. and alphabetical within those categories. Of course with the 3 new ones I got for Christmas I no longer have room on my shelf for any new. :scared:

I'll take a photo of how I have my cart boxes on the shelf.. no order arrangment b/c DD always comes down and moves them around when I organize.. she likes to hear me complain!!!!

Off to finish cleaning up the basement and make sure these 2 tasks are complete.. well, after lunch.. I'm hungry!

Great tip about using the biggest zig pen to make the mats sticky again. What do you clean yours w/ ahead of before?

I wipe them down with baby wipes. Only at this point, my container is dried out, so I rewet them with water first. I tried to just wipe them down, but it never seemed to be enough to hold the Bazzill paper, although it seemed to work fine for patterned paper and thinner cardstock. The zig pen really works though...a little too well for those thinner papers at times.

So far, so good, - but when you get to the paper items - then I'm in trouble!!!

That's why I broke the paper task up to over several days, plus I will be gone 10 days so even if you only work on the paper for 15 minutes at a time, you should be able to get through it all before we move to the next task. Baby steps. :goodvibes

well, I only have 4 carts, a few mats, and 2 pks of replacement blades, so that took about 10 seconds. :thumbsup2

(really, I should start one of the other tasks early....naaah...!)

Well, I just finished putting all my carts in their stacks on the shelf.. cleaned up the book shelf it also has my sizzix stuff/sidekick stuff... dusted it all together..
sorted my storage bins and labelled them (I'll post a photo of this too)...
Stickles all put away in a container (wish list made ~ nothing I need..may just on a "me" day I'll grab them)

Ok I'm in...

I am a bonified neat freak w/ just about everything. When my friends and I have overnight crops, they always tease me how neat my table is and such.

But even a neat freak needs a little motivation to deal w/ some of my problem areas...

scrap paper

idea files

magazines

keeping files for the kids albums

my basket of misc supplies...

and I'm sure there is more...

anyways for Day 1) and Day 2) I don't really have those items...so check and check. :thumbsup2

But I did get a mini die cut machine and several dies for Christmas. I haven't used it yet, but am proud of myself that I found an empty bin to put all the dies in!

thanks OP! and everyone for helping to keep us organized so we can keeping scrapping!

I made a couple of clippies and put them in the first post. I'll be making a couple for when we are finished, for everyone who completed the challenge.

Done (without doing anything AGAIN!). I only own 11 cartridges and 3 of them are still in the blisterpack. I keep them in a small cardboard two drawer "thingie". My few extra blades and Cricut pens also fit in the drawers. I keep my carts in their original boxes... I find it much easier.

If/when I own another cart or two I will have to find a new solution. My Cricut sits on a rolling kitchen type cart. There are mesh baskets underneath but they currently are used for something else. When I need more cartridge room I will do some rearranging and put the cartridges in those mesh baskets............P

So I love this idea but I will have to be on a late start catch up kind of timeling....got our puppy today and after only a few hours at home I remember how much work (and fun) a puppy is :) And our older dog is playing 'hey you I'm in charge' just to keep it interesting.

But for organizing - the good news is that DH reminded me we have a cubible like desk that isn't being used and I can put it in my scrap room (which looks like Hope's picture at the beginning and then has shelves of other crap all around to boot unrelated to scrapping!)

Items 1 and 2 are done.
The cricut ans carts are still in the original boxes and I only have a few stickle bottles.
Tomorrow will be the challenge as I use to buy Stampin Up products!

Day 3: Stamps

I'm guessing some of you will have bunches. Unfortunately, I won't be of much help for ideas. I only have a 12x12 drawer full. I had previously had an 8x11 drawer, but I have unwittingly collected a bunch of the $1 spot clear stamps and ran out of room, so I had to move everything to a larger drawer. My MIL has one of those 7-drawer rolling Iris units. Each drawer is organized by theme.

stampdrawer.jpg

Okay, Finally off work long enough to make a dent here. Fortunately, I'm one of those simple scrappers too, so item 1 was virtually complete before I even thought about organization :thumbsup2 .
As for item 2, I only have 5 or 6 cartridges yet, so they sit neatly on my work area desk, with my machine sitting where a monitor might go. And with stamps, again I only have a few of those. Somehow, I haven't familiarized myself with stamping much yet. So those are in a drawer in my desk.
Great advice about cleaning the mat everyone. I was starting to wonder what I was going to do about that.

Imagine DH's surprise when I come home from the grocery store with baby wipes! :rotfl2: Our kids are 12 and 15!!!

Well.... I have three 12 x 12 drawers full of stamps and stamp pads (most of which I rarely use!). They are neat and fairly organized (all of the alphabets are together, seasonal together, etc). It is not so much a matter of organizing, but purging. I am not home today, but next week I will take a peek in my drawers and pull out at least 10 stamps. I usually give my purged supplies to my nieces, but I won't see them again until Easter, so I will bring the purged stamps to school. Elementary teachers can always use things like that!.......P

That won't take long.. I have my $ stamps in a book or in a crop tote bag pouch.... and the others are in a drawer that just need straightened up... should be a 10 minute job... 10 minute because someone will come down to talk to me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter