Oops I did it again! WHY MUST I YOYO!!!

CheapMom

DIS Veteran
Today is 4/5/04
Hi- I'm Mary and I have 30 pounds to lose. I have been overweight since the birth of my 3rd child 14 months ago. With every baby I gained way too much weight (80lbs, 50 lbs, 65 lbs in that order) but after my other 2 pregnancies I got back to normal fairly easily within 7 months.
I guess now that I am 30something my metabolism has gotten lazy on me.
TODAY: No snacking, lots of water, and dust off that treadmill and burn some calories.
I know I can do this- I am going to have my son take a picture of me so that I can post it here and HOPEFULLY I will be able to post pictures of my success along the way.
I have found such great people on the Dis in other forums and I am excited to make new friends here to encourage and be encouraged by. (sorry bad grammar)
WISH me luck!
Mary

Welcome to journaling Mary! You'll find all sorts of encouragement and support here. It really is the difference in succeeding this time around for a lot of us.
Sounds like you've got a great plan for today. Stick with it and the weight WILL come off! Its a new month, a new week and it will soon be a new you!:teeth:
Glad you joined us and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.
TTFN-
Sharon:wave2:

:wave: Mary,

Welcome to the journals. You will find some wonderful support at these boards. You will also find some experts to help you on your way. Looks like you have a good plan. Stick with it, and you;ll have success.
:sunny:
Beth

Thanks for the kind words!
I feel really determined and your encouragement is so helpful :wave:

Welcome to the WISH boards, Mary! :wave:

The journals are a great source of motivation and inspiration for a lot of us. There are lots of fantastic people here that will help you out every step alongt the way.

I wish you great success on your journey!

~Angela :wave2:

thanks luvmy2sams
look at our countdown tickers- they are pretty close and we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary also!

Welcome to WISH journals - you'll love it:wave:

3 children, how fabulous boys, girls? they must keep you busy. Set some goals for yourself and check in as often as you can, it really does help. Take it day by day.

Have a super Monday!

Hi Mary!

I know you'll love having a journal! I've found it so helpful on my journey and the WISH buddies are just the best! I WISH you all the success in the world as you take the steps to loss the weight!

Hi Mary :wave: Welcome!! :Pinkbounc

I have a DD who 14 months old. Good luck to you on this journey! :D

I am off to a good start- but I have to say I was hungry almost all day yesterday:( - Last night as I was laying down to go to sleep I was starving- tummy grumbling... My body has to get used to smaller portions I guess- and I am a sugar addict- so I had quite a few cravings but I used the WISH tip about drinking water and getting busy with something else and the craving will pass- It worked every time!
I didn't excersise though for 2 reasons- 1- I was hungry, 2- I couldn't unfold the treadmill (I am mechanically challenged)
I was very active though- playing in the yard with the kids, dancing with the baby...
My kids are helping me "Get Healthy" (I didn't want to say that I am on a diet or trying to lose weight to them- don't want my daughter to get the message that Thin is everything) We went to the grocery store and they were reading nutrition labels with me, making suggestions... very sweet.
Husband- extremely supportive- his way of being supportive is he always tells me I look great no matter how chubby or shlumpy I look ... He never suggests that I diet... but now that I am determined he will entertain baby while I excersise and so on... He is great.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT
PICTURES COMING SOON!

PS:AuntMeme- My Kids are Girl (Bridget) 8, Boy (Joey) 7, Boy (Thomas) 14 months- And as far as them keeping me busy- well the 8 and 7 year old both have ADHD so yeah, they keep me on my toes. I feel like the luckiest person in the world when I look at them tucked into to their beds at night.

Samandmom- isn't it so much fun having a baby this age?

I have this scale that I really love- it weighs me about 5 pounds lighter than any other scale anywhere in the world. ( Maybe I am always 5 pounds lighter because I never step on the scale unless I am buck naked :earseek: and I have an empty tummy)
ANYWAY- it says I am 151- but I think I am more like 156
I think I can lose 3-5 each week for the first several weeks and then when I get around 140 I know the weight will come off much more slowly
GOALS:
lose at least 3 lbs each week for the 1 st month
then at least 5 pounds each month thereafter until I reach my goal of 125lbs.

Welcome to WISH Journaling, CheapMom!!!

Good luck with your goals!

Mary,
Welcome to journaling! You will find a lot of support and encouragement from the WISHers around here.::yes::

WISHing you great success on your journey,
Tracy:wave2:

Hi! :wave:

Just thought I would stop by and visit.

What is your plan?? Is it watching portions and exercising?? That sounds like a good plan.

What day is your weigh in day?? I want to make sure I don't miss those days, so I can encourage you, too.

Have a great day, Mary. :sunny:

Hi Pamela-
I am going to weigh myself each Monday since I started on Monday PLUS if I know if I am being weighed on Mon. that may keep me on the straight and narrow through the weekends.
YES- my basic plan is eat right and excersise-
I don't think I could be successful on an extreme type diet (ie: Atkins) I like to share meals with my family and this way they will be eating healthier too
GOOBYE MCDONALDS:wave:
ADIOS PEANUT M&MS:(
CATCH YOU ON THE REBOUND CAP'N CRUNCH

Oh, Mary,

too funny about the M&M's and stuff. :p And my DH is SO picky about what goes in his mouth, he is the most disciplined person I know. BUT, what do you think is his favorite "junk" food? CAPTAIN CRUNCH CEREAL!!! Heehee :tongue: Looks like you two are kindred spirits!:teeth:

Hi Mary!
Okay, it is definitely tuff when you start. As you said, you have to get used to the smaller portions. But that is only for a few days. It will get easier. And once the scale starts moving, staying on plan gets MUCH easier!:tongue:
Get that exercise in today and drink lots and lots of water - it definitely helps! I am impressed you thought to get exercise in other ways when you couldn't open the treadmill. :teeth: As long as your moving, your doing good!
And having a supportive husband will really help. And getting the kids involved is great. Let them start to get used to healthy eating so maybe they won't have to fight this fight later in life. :rolleyes: My DD is 11, DS is 6 and they both support me. They don't let me sneak any of their fries any more!!:p Seriously, we do a lot less fast food, but every once in a while I do take them. McDs and BK have great salads (just ask for the low cal dressing instead of the standard!!), so at least I can still stay OP while treating them.
Your off to a great start! Keep up the job work!! :Pinkbounc
TTFN-
Sharon

hi mary, i just wanted to stop by and offer my welcome out to you as well :wave:

eat right and exercise is a great plan, i'm sure that if you make good choices, you will see the weight drop ::yes::

good luck on your journey, i can't wait to follow along with your progress :hyper:

Yesterday I was a good girl (mostly)
I made very healthy decisions about what to eat but I know I ate more than Day 1.
I can not excersise hungry SO I ate a big chicken and bean burrito (very healthy- cooked with no oil and no cheese) for dinner and then I had 4 butterscotch candies- oh they hit the spot. I really made them last too. I am not mad at myself for this.
I think having more food and that sugar burst really helped give me the energy to walk a mile on the treadmill after the kids went to bed. I really hate exersise- it is so boring- but I have to admit I felt great after. I really should have walked longer but I will have to gradually work up to 2 miles.
I am only going to do the treadmill every other day.
Today I am taking the kids to DC to visit the Smithsonian so that will be a lot of walking. I will pack sandwiches for lunch so I don't get caught stuck at lunchtime starving and at the mercy of whatever snack bar or restaurant happens to be close by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter