Official Thread for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 21 (Updated 10/26, post #251)

RRR is not on my priority list, as I have never been on it before. But it's just nice to give people extra things to do. Our group always hits up the simpsons & mummy ride, gives you a chance to relax a bit since its a sit down ride and then get back to the scares

Greetings Everyone: It's 10 days away from the start of Universal Orlando's annual Halloween Horror Nights. Therefore, I put up an auction of a prop I received for the 2010 "Halloween Horror Nights: Twenty Years of Fear" media event.

DSC064521.jpg

To view the auction, follow the link below.

2010 Halloween Horror Nights Prop Auction for GKTW

Included is a wooden box, and inside the box is a branding iron wrapped in a "blood" soaked rag with an XX logo. The letter and photo of the 2010 Halloween Horror Nights icon Fear are not included.

You can learn more about these items by reading the following article on the DIS Unplugged blog.

DIS Unplugged: An Invitation to Fear - Halloween Horror Nights XX

About the Power of 10:
We are a group of theme park fans who want to share our passion for the Orlando theme parks with those who need it most: children with life threatening illnesses and their families. When these children ask to meet Spider Man or see Hogwarts Castle through organizations like the Make-A-Wish foundation, many times those organizations reach out to Give Kids The World to make that wish a reality. Our goal is simple. We’re looking to raise $1M to help this worthy organization in their mission to turn no child away. For more information about the Power of 10 please see: http://www.powerof10.us/

Thank you a bunch for showing the merch!

i don't do the shirts as i only wear chainsaw wolf tees to hhn.

BUT......i am addicted to the shot glasses and tall glasses.
i buy the tall and short each hhn i go to.

I'm kinda in love with the mug! The shot glasses are kewl too!!

I bought last year's mug... For sure I'll buy this year's as well.... I also buy each year's T-shirt.

i have bought the mugs in the past that had the light in them.
only did that a couple of times.

when the light died, i tossed them...

Whaaatt! :scared1:
I've kept all mine! send them to me.. :rotfl2:

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

i have bought the mugs in the past that had the light in them.
only did that a couple of times.

when the light died, i tossed them...

Just an FYI, but you can change the battery out in them. It's just a little watch battery.

Hello all,

This 4 weeks until I head out for the Orlando area for 10 awesome days! I have a question that I am sure someone can help me with.

I have been lucky enough to attend HHN for 11 straight years (this will be 12) but I have never gone with children before. Now I know the site reccomends at least 13 years of age, but my son is now 9, and he is begging to go.

I am not really sure what to do :confused3. Has anyone else on here had experience with children in that age range attending?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Hello all,

This 4 weeks until I head out for the Orlando area for 10 awesome days! I have a question that I am sure someone can help me with.

I have been lucky enough to attend HHN for 11 straight years (this will be 12) but I have never gone with children before. Now I know the site reccomends at least 13 years of age, but my son is now 9, and he is begging to go.

I am not really sure what to do :confused3. Has anyone else on here had experience with children in that age range attending?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Well, since you have been for 11 years, and know your son... Do you think he can honestly handle it and enjoy it? Both the houses, and the scarezones.

Also, You've seen the general atmosphere w/ fellow HHN attendees in various states of inebriation. Is this something you think he can handle and that would want to expose him too?

The Over 13 age recommendation is based off the content of HHN, as well as the atmosphere and general overall scariness factor of the event. Since you've been for years, you should have a pretty good idea what to expect. You also should know what your son can handle, what may trigger nightmares, etc.... and then can make the informed decision on if you should take him.

One thing I would probably recommend... since you've been for years and enjoy the sort of thing, you may think it could be "old hat" and a lot of fun if not that scary. If that's the case, try to picture it out of context, and maybe just picture some of the more disturbing images from the event. Just thinking about the worst bits of the event, do you think he can handle them? One thing about kids is that it can sometimes only take one or two things to really freak them out, and they may have a harder time calming down after getting freaked out than an adult would.

You guys have me even more pumped than I thought possible.

Oh, hey by the way..this is my first post!

I'm Andre, from eastern Canada (New Brunswick, to be specific).

I've been lurking around here for the last month or so leading up to our vacation on October 1 and I bit the bullet today, it's time to sign up- this place gets me through the long work day!

Anyway, it's me, my Fiancee and two of our good friends heading to HHN/WDW on Oct 1 for a week. We've been waiting to go to HHN for years and years and this year we finally bit the bullet- it's time.

So we're SUPER excited. Each year at this time we help run a fundraiser at our local zoo where we create a haunted house themed-event based on popular horror flicks so this is right up our alley. Plus, I'm a horror reviewer so I basically eat and breathe the stuff.

Unfortunately though, those I'm bringing with me are absolutely terrified, and think they'll be on edge the whole time. I've done a lot of reading about HHN but it's hard to say how well we'll do there, because I don't know how often you're scared through the scarezones. I mean, we're all adults here so no one's irrational but by the same token, no one's been to something like this before. I imagine that the houses can't be TOO bad, because you're basically conga-lining through with other people..but I don't know.

That being said, time can't go fast enough. I'm more excited than you can imagine and between the info coming out and the early reviews, I'm reaching a fever pitch.

Keep up the great work!

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT ANNOUNCES FIRST-EVER

HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 21 MOBILE APPLICATION​

HHN21202-lines.jpg

Guests Can Enhance Their Visit To “The Country’s Best Halloween Event” Using Key Features

Including Interactive Park Maps, GPS Navigation, Event Information and More

App is Available as a Free Download for Apple and Android Mobile Devices​

HHN_21_App.jpg

From Universal Orlando Resort:
This year, guests can enhance their experience at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 21 with the first-ever official mobile application specifically designed for the event. Available as a free download for iPhone and Android users, the app offers an array of useful features to help attendees plan a terrifying and entertaining night they’ll never forget.

The all-new Halloween Horror Nights 21 mobile app will allow guests to:

o Pinpoint their exact location and the terrors that surround them using GPS navigation

o Plan which haunted houses they’ll dare to enter with the app’s interactive event map

o Learn more about each of the eight all-new haunted houses and six horrifying scarezones as they get ready to experience them first-hand

o Get updates and exclusive details on Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights by connecting with the event’s official Facebook and Twitter pages

The app also offers a check-in game that challenges guests to explore each all-new haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights 21. If they survive each house, guests can “check in to win” a Universal CityWalk savings guide worth up to $50.

Click here to download the iPhone version of the app.

Click here to download the Android version.

For 25 nights beginning September 23, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights returns as the nation’s best and most intense Halloween event. Guests will confront extreme Halloween entertainment that cannot be experienced anywhere else. This year, they will scream as they become prey to fiendish creatures, panic as they come face-to-face with a horrifying “thing,” feel chills as they are haunted by deceased souls – and watch in paralyzing fear as Lady Luck transforms from a tempting seductress to a bloodthirsty beast.

The application is available as of Wednesday, September 21

For more information about Halloween Horror Nights 21 or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/parkinfo/Halloween-Horror-Nights.htm

I wish the new app had the wait times in it. I feel like that would be extremely helpful.

I just realized I don't have any type of confirmation number for my HHN ticket purchase (and see no way to retrieve it). Will my credit card and annual pass be enough for them to find my tickets?

if the kiosk messes up when you try to retrieve your tickets, go to guest services and get them there.

HHN21202-lines.jpg

THE WAIT IS OVER…

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO’S HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 21

NOW OPEN​

Halloween_Horror_Nights_21.jpg

The Country’s Best Halloween Event Returns with All-New Horrifying Experiences:

Eight Haunted Houses, Six Scarezones, Two Shows…and Lady Luck​

From Universal Orlando Resort:
ORLANDO, Fla. (September 23, 2011) – Screams will fill the darkness tonight as Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 21 officially opens at Universal Studios Florida. Starting tonight and running select nights through October 31, guests will confront extreme Halloween entertainment that cannot be experienced anywhere else.

Recently named “the country’s best Halloween event” for the fourth consecutive year by Amusement Today, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights is not your typical Halloween event. Each year, the bar is raised as Universal Orlando creates original, horrifying experiences to entertain thousands of guests from all over the world.

This year’s event will be the most intense yet as Halloween Horror Nights 21 features ALL-NEW terrifying content. Guests will experience:
  • Eight elaborate haunted houses, including the In-Between, where they’ll don 3-D glasses and enter an ominous portal filled with fiendish creatures; The Forsaken, where they’ll face the vengeful souls of a condemned ship; and Winter’s Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery, where they’ll be haunted by the dead
  • Six inescapable scarezones, like Acid Assault, where they’ll be surrounded by the vicious survivors of a city plagued with Acid Rain, and Your Luck Has Run Out, where they’ll take a chance and face the monstrous Lady Luck – the force behind this year’s event
  • Two outrageous shows, including the return of the popular Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure and Death Drums, an all-new seductive drumming experience
To get a sneak peek at this year’s event, click here.

Halloween Horror Nights 21 begins at 6:30 p.m. For more information about the event – or to purchase tickets – visit www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando. Due to the event’s popularity, tickets for weekend nights are expected to sell out and should be purchased well in advance.

Guests can get updates and exclusive details on Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights on the event’s official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando) and Twitter handle (@UORHHN).

For more information about Halloween Horror Nights 21 or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/parkinfo/Halloween-Horror-Nights.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter