Official Thread for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 21 (Updated 10/26, post #251)

Has anyone done the autograph session with Ghost Hunters before? I wasn't sure what to expect crowdwise and where I should expect to line up at.

Went last Thursday and managed to see every house.... I definately think I'm going to try and make this an annual pilgrimage.

Even though I was solo, I managed to hook up with some cool people in the Stay and Scream area (quit smoking, but massive amounts of tasty beverages in Finnegan's resulted in my bumming a smoke from some people in the S&S smoking section) and then toured all the houses with their group during the night.

I'm still amazed I managed to drink as much as I did.... and even more amazed I didn't regret it the next morning. :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for all the information you helped provide which ultimately helped make the night a very enjoyable, and stress free, experience! :goodvibes

The Ghost Hunters Visit Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 21

GhostHuntersExperienceHHN21.jpg

Photo by: Kevin Kolczynski, Universal Orlando Resort © 2011 Universal Orlando Resort. All rights reserved.

From Universal Orlando's press release:
Steve Gonsalves and Dave Tango, stars of the hit Syfy Channel series, “Ghost Hunters,” were hosted by Universal Orlando Resort to experience its annual Halloween Horror Nights event on October 6, 2011. While visiting, the duo encountered the cursed souls within The Forsaken, one of eight haunted houses featured at this year’s event. One of the top-rated reality shows on Syfy Channel, “Ghost Hunters” features Gonsalves, Tango and a group of real-life paranormal researchers as they investigate haunted places across the nation. Named “the country’s best Halloween event” for four years in a row, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights brings to life guests’ most intense nightmares on select nights this fall through October 31.

My friend and I ended up getting an autograph/photo with them. We were actually at the front of the line, but apparently they had two lines setup earlier for the Q&A and autograph. They didn't want the autograph people to wait for like 3 hours, so they gave them like a ticket to keep it and use it to return later and bypass the line. So we ended up having to wait a little bit longer.

They had a merchandise table setup inside but they didn't take cards. My friend and I were a bit disappointed. We also didn't know that they didn't have anything to sign for us, so we had to just use our maps. Still, it was really cool to meet them and if they come back next year, we will definitely be prepared. :)

Not sure if anyone I was supposed to meet tonight is checking this, but I couldn't find anyone at Finnegan's. Probably doesn't help that I haven't had internet for 2 weeks, and I'm not sure if there was more detailed info on the meeting place.

I'm headed back later on tonight, not sure exactly when, but I'll check on here before I go to see if anyone that's there wants to attempt to meet again.

EDIT: My bad, wrong thread. I'll leave it here anyway, to see if anyone repsonds :-)

VIDEO: Syfy Stars Visit Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 21

HHN21202-lines.jpg

From Universal Orlando's Press Release:
Last week, Universal Orlando Resort hosted stars from various Syfy shows at Halloween Horror Nights 21, including Josh Gates – host of “Destination Truth,” Colin Ferguson – star of “Eureka” and McKenzie Westmore – presenter of “Face Off.” While attending the event, they experienced all-new, terrifying haunted houses, such as Winter’s Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery where they were haunted by the dead in a gothic graveyard.

Click here to check out a video of their experience…and to find out if they survived.

VIDEO: Syfy Stars Visit Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 21

HHN21202-lines.jpg

Heh...I was there with them that night...but I was in a group with Warehouse 13's Eddie McClintock (who was a blast). Josh and Colin rode Rip Ride Rocket - in the rain.

And - true story - Josh bought the Hawaiian shirt off a guy at the pool at the Royal Pacific because he forgot to bring one for the luau at the Royal Pacific...

THERE ARE ONLY A FEW NIGHTS LEFT TO EXPERIENCE

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO’S HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 21

Halloween_Horror_Nights_21_-_In-Between-1.jpg

The Nation’s Best and Most Intense Halloween Event Concludes on October 31

WHAT: Time is running out for guests to experience Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 21. And with Halloween right around the corner, there’s no better time to confront the extreme entertainment that can only be found at Halloween Horror Nights.

Guests will:

· Navigate eight elaborate haunted houses, including the highest guest-rated haunted house in five years – The In-Between – where guests don 3-D glasses and enter an ominous portal filled with fiendish creatures

· Scream in terror as they encounter six horrifying scarezones, like Canyon of Dark Souls, where the overwhelming sense of death will surround them; and Acid Assault, where they’ll try to escape vicious survivors of a city plagued by Acid Rain

· Enjoy two outrageous shows: Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure and Death Drums

Florida residents can save up to $40 off the price of admission when they purchase advance tickets with a promo code from any Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola or Diet Coke products, or with a specially-marked cup from Burger King restaurants. There’s also the Florida Resident Gory Getaway package, which starts at $89 per adult and includes one-night hotel accommodations, one admission ticket to Halloween Horror Nights 21 and more.

For more information about the event – or to purchase tickets – visit http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando.

WHERE: Universal Studios Florida

WHEN: Six nights remaining: October 26 – 31, 2011

Click here for more information about Halloween Horror Nights 21.

Guns N' Roses Band Members Visit Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Prior to Kicking Off Their Tour

Guns_N_Roses_HHN21.jpg

Photo Credit: Daniel LeClair, Universal Orlando Resort
© 2011 Universal Orlando Resort. All rights reserved​

Members of legendary hard rock band Guns N’ Roses DJ Ashba and Frank Ferrer showed an “appetite for destruction” with flesh-rotting scareactors in the Acid Assault scarezone at Halloween Horror Nights 21 while hosted by Universal Orlando Resort on October 26, 2011. Guns N’ Roses kicks off the US-leg of their first tour in five years on Friday in Orlando. The group burst onto the music scene in the mid-‘80s with the highest-selling debut album of all time – Appetite for Destruction – which has sold more than 28 million copies worldwide to date and features iconic hits “Welcome To The Jungle,” “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Paradise City.” Named “the country’s best Halloween event” for four years in a row, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights brings to life guests’ most intense nightmares and runs now through October 31.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter