Official Thread for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 21 (Updated 10/26, post #251)

Im beginning research on HHN because I've never done it before and I'm trying to convince myself to go. My brother (my travel companion) doesn't really want to go and I need to convince him and myself lol!

We'll be at RPR 1-3rd before heading to WDW and have AP to universal, so the cost is not that crazy.

Neither of us scare easily, so we're not afraid of being scared, we're afraid that its boring and/or stupid. From what I've seen, you pay to walk through something and have someone jump out at you to startle you. Is it more than that? I just can't seem to justify the price, but its something i've never done before which seems to intrigue me most of all! HELP!

i suggest you google hhn 20 and see some of the videos.
it would give you a better idea of what happens in the streets.

no cameras allowed in the houses so it would be a hit or miss if anyone did video secretly in there.

I bought a DVD "The Art of the Scare" HHN special on The Travel Channel re the year Carnage was featured in a house, it's great!

Are there offpeak rates for this event? I can't seem to find tickets for these anywhere.
Unless you are a FL resident and/or have an annual pass, there are no discounts available. For general admission, the price is $81.99/tax for any night you go. However...there is a new pass this year called Rush of Fear which is good for the first ten nights. The ROF pass is only $69.99/tax so that's your better deal right there. Of course...if you're already in the Studios on the day you want to go, you can purchase the HHN ticket for the Stay & Scream upgrade discount. The tickets range from $36.99/tax to $66.99/tax depending on the day of the week. Here is the link to the HHN ticket prices:

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/general_tickets.html

So excited for this year's HHN! (The last time I came was for HHN13)

My husband and I are heading there Thursday night to start the first day of our vacation. Really looking forward to the HR Bloodngutz house! :yay:

We are going to HHN for the first time ever - on request of our DD13!

I have been playing around with our ticket options - I have the 4 day Park to Park tickets in my cart on the Universal site - then I added 3 Stay and Scream tickets for HHN on Sunday 10/16. I then tried to add 2 more Stay & Scream tickets for Wednesday 10/19 - I think DH and DD will want to go twice - but the system wouldn't let the purchase go through - I called - operator said you only get one Stay & Scream per length of stay ticket - OKay... does anyone know if this would apply at the gate as well?

I can go ahead and purchase the $81.99 ticket for the two of them - and I'll get the $36.99 ticket if that's the case - but of course, would like to save the $$ if possible!

And from what I've read on this thread - Sunday is crowded and Wednesday might be less so - is that right?

Thanks for any insight!

We are going to HHN for the first time ever - on request of our DD13!

I have been playing around with our ticket options - I have the 4 day Park to Park tickets in my cart on the Universal site - then I added 3 Stay and Scream tickets for HHN on Sunday 10/16. I then tried to add 2 more Stay & Scream tickets for Wednesday 10/19 - I think DH and DD will want to go twice - but the system wouldn't let the purchase go through - I called - operator said you only get one Stay & Scream per length of stay ticket - OKay... does anyone know if this would apply at the gate as well?

I can go ahead and purchase the $81.99 ticket for the two of them - and I'll get the $36.99 ticket if that's the case - but of course, would like to save the $$ if possible!

And from what I've read on this thread - Sunday is crowded and Wednesday might be less so - is that right?

Thanks for any insight!
Unless you have an AP or are a FL resident, you can only purchase one HHN at the S & S discount price per theme park ticket so the operator was correct. Discounts are only provided for passholders and FL residents and are usually better than the S & S discount.

When HHN is staged on a Wednesday night that means Hell Week and it's more crowded since lots of local kids are out of school. I would stick with Sunday night but in all honesty...there are no slow nights at HHN.

Unless you have an AP or are a FL resident, you can only purchase one HHN at the S & S discount price per theme park ticket so the operator was correct. Discounts are only provided for passholders and FL residents and are usually better than the S & S discount.

When HHN is staged on a Wednesday night that means Hell Week and it's more crowded since lots of local kids are out of school. I would stick with Sunday night but in all honesty...there are no slow nights at HHN.

Metro, do you know if that one HHN S&S dicount ticket per theme park ticket restriction applies when purchased inside the park? I thought when buying the HHN ticket while inside the park, it's always at the S&S rate. Is that not correct?

Metro, do you know if that one HHN S&S dicount ticket per theme park ticket restriction applies when purchased inside the park? I thought when buying the HHN ticket while inside the park, it's always at the S&S rate. Is that not correct?
That's true but it's still one discount per theme park ticket. You couldn't buy four tickets at the S & S discount if you didn't have four park tickets already in your possession...unless the ticket rules have changed. Remember...S & S is for people who have already purchased theme park tickets at some point and I doubt you would be allowed to purchase extra tickets at the discount. If you are looking for discounts, you would need to use your AP discount. Does that help or am I not understanding your question?

If I go back over this weekend, I'll find out for sure...unless Phamton or someone else can verify in the mean time.

First time going to HHN this October and I am confused also on this whole 1 Stay and Scream per length of ticket. When I go to the Halloween Horror Nights site to purchase (2 tickets for Me and my Brother) 2 Day Park to Park tickets for October 29 & 30 and then select to add on (2) Stay and Scream option for 29th and another (2) for the 30th, I can get to the last screen option to enter my credit card information and then I can print the confirmation.
Will this not work? Will I only be able to do Stay and Scream on one day for either the 29th or 30th and not both.
Thanks

hi all... first visit to hhn this year and VERY excited (scared):scared1:

just wondering what is the difference between a SCARE ZONE and a HAUNTED HOUSE?

thanks!!

First time going to HHN this October and I am confused also on this whole 1 Stay and Scream per length of ticket. When I go to the Halloween Horror Nights site to purchase (2 tickets for Me and my Brother) 2 Day Park to Park tickets for October 29 & 30 and then select to add on (2) Stay and Scream option for 29th and another (2) for the 30th, I can get to the last screen option to enter my credit card information and then I can print the confirmation.
Will this not work? Will I only be able to do Stay and Scream on one day for either the 29th or 30th and not both.
Thanks
Well guys...I apologize. You can purchase up to six HHN tickets per order for the S & S discount...there only has to be one theme park ticket purchased. I don't know if this is a new thing but...there it is.

hi all... first visit to hhn this year and VERY excited (scared):scared1:

just wondering what is the difference between a SCARE ZONE and a HAUNTED HOUSE?

thanks!!
Scare zones are outdoors and the houses are indoors or at least covered from the weather.

since many buy park tickets from other vendors, you can still get the add on ticket/s&s for the night you wish to go to hhn.

go to guest services, show your day ticket and you can buy the s & s ticket for that evening.

when you shop online, you are limited on buying the add on tickets.

even when i use the AP website, that happens to me.
what i do is call and buy the add on tickets over the phone.
i have them sent to the kiosk for later pickup.

if anything has changed since i bought my tickets 3 weeks ago, i'm all ears to hear about the changes.

i don't think anyone will have an issue buying the add on tickets at guest services.

the add on tickets/ stay and scream tickets, started out for the day park guests to be able to stay for the hhn event and not have to leave the park.

the day guests did not have to leave the park and could stay for an additional fee to continue their fun in the evening.

hope that phamton comes along and sets us straight on this....
she is a miracle worker..........:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter