Official Thread for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 21 (Updated 10/26, post #251)

We already have our tickets for HHN but I've fractured my foot. So... I'm wearing a "boot" and using a wheelchair. Will I be able to enjoy the houses?

i used a wheelchair a few years back.
it can be done that way.

i got extra 'boos' being pushed in a chair.
some of the scare actors really try hard to make it a fun event for you.

oh, and ouch about the foot.
i feel your pain.

Thank you so much for relieving my mind regarding being able to still enjoy HHN! I actually didn't know I'd fractured my foot until 2 weeks ago... it certainly hurt and it kept swelling...but it never occurred to me that I'd fractured it in multiple places! I just need to be patient now while it heals. Thank you, again, for your quick reply!

you will be fine in a w/c
i should add the push w/c are best to use for the houses.

the electric chairs are bigger and don't think those will work very well getting thru the houses.

tell me you are renting a push w/c..........

take it easy with the foot healing.
i know it is miserable for you with a fractured foot.

I purchased a used push wheelchair when my doctor said I couldn't walk to where I could have rented one in the parking garage... (A friend loaned her knee-walker to me...which I was going to try to use at HHN, but I'm so uncoordinated, I can't even use it in my house w/o running into things and falling over. No way am I going to try it now at the Park.) Anyway, no worries... I have a manual wheelchair and my son is willing to push me in it. Thanks, again.

We already have our tickets for HHN but I've fractured my foot. So... I'm wearing a "boot" and using a wheelchair. Will I be able to enjoy the houses?
Since you will have a boot on your foot, make sure if someone steps on it you won't be in too much pain. The houses are dark and often people are backing into you plus there are lots of people walking around outside in the dark. Just make sure it's protected.

i believe townsend will be using the w/c in the line and going thru the houses.

but, very true if they get out of the chair for the restroom, or other places.
people step on feet.
ouch.....

I bought a one day park hopper pass through dreams unlimited.This package came with a free mears transfer from my Disney hotel.I have to go to a machine at universal to collect my ticket.My question is there a upgrade can combine with my park hopper to get a discount for HHN that evening so I do not have to pay a full price? Thanks for your help

I bought a one day park hopper pass through dreams unlimited.This package came with a free mears transfer from my Disney hotel.I have to go to a machine at universal to collect my ticket.My question is there a upgrade can combine with my park hopper to get a discount for HHN that evening so I do not have to pay a full price? Thanks for your help

go to guest services during the day and buy the add on/stay and scream ticket.
you show your day ticket and get the hhn ticket cheaper.

you do not pay full price for the add on/ stay and scream/ hhn ticket.
they are all the same, just different names peeps call them.

do not wait until 4:45 to buy the hhn ticket.
they line will be long.

once you have the hhn ticket, you can stay in the park at ioa and go to the 'holding area' called stay and scream which is at finnegans area.

Yes, once in USF, you should be able to purchase a HHN ticket at the Stay and Scream rate at guest services. With both the day pass and HHN ticket, you'll be able to wait at Stay And Scream holding area. My main concern for you would be to confirm the latest mears transfer time to get back to your Disney hotel from Universal at night.

Universal Orlando Resort just opened its 21st Annual Halloween Horror Nights. Therefore, I have put up for auction a prop I received in an invitation to the September 23, 2011 media event.

DSC08526.jpg

To view the auction, follow the link below.

2011 Halloween Horror Nights Prop Auction for GKTW

Included is a gift box, and inside the box is a severed hand clutching a playing card. There is also a letter from the 2011 Halloween Horror Nights icon Lady Luck.

You can learn more about these items by reading the following article on the DIS Unplugged blog.

DIS Unplugged: Luck's Not A Lady On This Night - Halloween Horror Nights 21

About the Power of 10:
We are a group of theme park fans who want to share our passion for the Orlando theme parks with those who need it most: children with life threatening illnesses and their families. When these children ask to meet Spider Man or see Hogwarts Castle through organizations like the Make-A-Wish foundation, many times those organizations reach out to Give Kids The World to make that wish a reality. Our goal is simple. We’re looking to raise $1M to help this worthy organization in their mission to turn no child away. For more information about the Power of 10 please see: http://www.powerof10.us/

You can support our Give Kids The World fundraiser without bidding on this auction via the link below - no amount is too small!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/david-parfitt/disgktw

go to guest services during the day and buy the add on/stay and scream ticket.
you show your day ticket and get the hhn ticket cheaper.

you do not pay full price for the add on/ stay and scream/ hhn ticket.
they are all the same, just different names peeps call them.

do not wait until 4:45 to buy the hhn ticket.
they line will be long.

once you have the hhn ticket, you can stay in the park at ioa and go to the 'holding area' called stay and scream which is at finnegans area.

hey im going this friday but i dont understand how the holding area works at finnegans when its at US and not IOA..

based on what you were saying.. we can stay at IOA and then go to area in there called finnegans.. b

but finnegans is at US so im confused.. do we stay at finnegans when US closes at 5 and wait there until 630 for HHN to open?

hey im going this friday but i dont understand how the holding area works at finnegans when its at US and not IOA..

based on what you were saying.. we can stay at IOA and then go to area in there called finnegans.. b

but finnegans is at US so im confused.. do we stay at finnegans when US closes at 5 and wait there until 630 for HHN to open?
No...Mac got confused...Finnegan's is at the Studios not IOA...IOA has nothing to do with HHN. If you're going to do S & S Friday night, you will need to be inside the Studios by about 4:30pm to make it w/o any problems.

Yes, once in USF, you should be able to purchase a HHN ticket at the Stay and Scream rate at guest services. With both the day pass and HHN ticket, you'll be able to wait at Stay And Scream holding area. My main concern for you would be to confirm the latest mears transfer time to get back to your Disney hotel from Universal at night.

2:15 am is the last shuttle out.

No...Mac got confused...Finnegan's is at the Studios not IOA...IOA has nothing to do with HHN. If you're going to do S & S Friday night, you will need to be inside the Studios by about 4:30pm to make it w/o any problems.

no, i wasn't confused.
sceavis said they would be in ioa that day and i told them to buy the hhn ticket and they could stay over there until it was time to switch to the studios. be at the studios before that park closes.

they are upgrading to a 1 day, 2 park ticket.
therefore, they could do ioa all day and switch to the studios before 5 and enter the stay and scream area by finnegan.

Any FL residents out there know where to find the specially marked Coca-Cola products for ticket discounts? We've checked several stores more than once (Publix, Target, random gas stations) and have yet to see any. Publix has the big HHN cardboard display, but not the soda. It'll save us $40 per ticket so I'd really like to find one ASAP...we're going to HHN in 4 days!!

Rocker Dee Snider at Halloween Horror Nights 21 at Universal Orlando

DeeSnideratHHN21.jpg

From Universal Orlando's Press Release:
September 30, 2011: Dee Snider, legendary rocker, entertainer and front man for Twisted Sister, came face-to-face with three savage, blood-thirsty banshees while experiencing the Nightingales: Blood Prey haunted house at Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights 21. Named “the country’s best Halloween event” for four years in a row, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights brings to life guests’ most intense nightmares on select nights this fall through October 31.
© 2011 Universal Orlando Resort. All rights reserved.

Photo Credit: Roberto Gonzalez, Universal Orlando Resort

Gloria Estefan at Halloween Horror Nights 21 at Universal Orlando Resort

GloriaEstefanatHHN21.jpg

From Universal Orlando's Press Release:
October 1, 2011: Grammy-award winning singer and songwriter Gloria Estefan encountered deceased souls while making her way through the Winter’s Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery haunted house at Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights 21 tonight. Hosted this year by Universal Orlando, Estefan and her family are avid fans of Halloween Horror Nights and have been coming to the event since its inception in 1990. Named “the country’s best Halloween event” for four years in a row, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights brings to life guests’ most intense nightmares on select nights this fall through October 31. Estefan’s newest album, “Miss Little Havana” debuted Sept. 27 with the hit single, “Wepa,” already at No. 3 on the Billboard dance chart.

© 2011 Universal Orlando Resort. All rights reserved.

Photo Credit: Roberto Gonzalez, Universal Orlando Resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter