OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

86 days to go... and I needed to plan something while I wait for FP+ day, so I customized our magic bands and ordered decals for them through Etsy. That should hold me over until 60 days out!

Kinda bummed that Disney is stopping the Express Transportation bus between parks. I had planned a 4 park/1 day challenge.. now have to rethink it and probably cancel. They want us to use the Minnie Vans at $20. a trip. not doable for me.

We just cancelled our November trip. :mad: I had to have 2 foot surgeries this summer & not sure I'd be able to do all the walking by November. But, we were able to re-book for Easter week :) With ds's school schedule, we really only have the major holidays to pick from, to keep off from school to a minimum. It's just Easter time is so much more expensive. Luckily our travel agent had a great deal for our dates and we booked last night. :worship: :)

I'm going to go post our dining reservations that we will be cancelling if anyone is interested in any of them. They're all for Thanksgiving week for 3 people.

Wishing everyone going in November a happy trip filled with lots of pixie dust! pixiedust:
SO sorry you had to cancel. I injured my foot back at the beginning of March and am still in a boot so I absolutely share your foot woes:crutches:. I am beginning to worry about being ready for Disney as the doctor said best case scenario I can start walking again at the end of September, so it doesn't give me much wiggle room for worst case scenario and just physically getting my body ready for those long walking days again. My DH says we can always rent me a scooter but it would really damper the trip. I'm glad you were able to reschedule--April is one of my favorite times to visit Disney so you will have a great time.

Especially since we just stayed at Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos for the 1st time a wk before my surgery & we all loved it- going back in Oct for a night & ds now really really wants to have his birthday there.....lol

On a rando note, we are heading to Kalahari in the Poconos today for my son's 7th birthday. (Right next to Great Wolf Lodge!) My husband went to a conference there and fell in love and DS keeps saying he wants Great Wolf. Hopefully he's equally excited. They were the same price so we'll see how we like it. I'm nervous because I am not really a fan of water parks, they gross me out. But the things we'll do for our kids!

On a rando note, we are heading to Kalahari in the Poconos today for my son's 7th birthday. (Right next to Great Wolf Lodge!) My husband went to a conference there and fell in love and DS keeps saying he wants Great Wolf. Hopefully he's equally excited. They were the same price so we'll see how we like it. I'm nervous because I am not really a fan of water parks, they gross me out. But the things we'll do for our kids!
My nephews aged 5 and 7 like Great Wolf Lodge every bit as much as they liked Disney!

I'll pipe in! Not sure how it is in Poconos but we have both in Sandusky and my kids (7 and 9) loved Great Wolf Lodge but after staying at Kalahari a few months ago decided they like it there better, but then again our GWL is one of the smallest in the chain from my understanding - but as I say that we are going back to GWL this weekend with friends from out of town due to the deal we were able to get with our corporate discount :) Excited to be taking a family to Cedar Point who has never been there!

86 days to go... and I needed to plan something while I wait for FP+ day, so I customized our magic bands and ordered decals for them through Etsy. That should hold me over until 60 days out!

I'm going crazy in limbo right now and threatening to change our Thanksgiving day plans. I need help!! LOL

I work with 3 podiatric surgeons I'm glad your bunion surgery went well.
We are also going that week from 3/23-4/1. This will be our fourth trip in March and we love the weather. We were at the CR this past March and that's only because of a great rate from our travel agent. Love the Poly that will be amazing.
Hopefully I'll see you on the March 2018 thread.
When it gets closer would love to pm you so we can meet up to say hello :goodvibes

Glad to hear the weather is nice that time of year! I'm over on the March 2018 thread- see you there!
And, yes- definitely pm me - would love to meet up! :)
In the mean time, have a WONDERFUL trip in November! It's getting so close!!

I'll pipe in! Not sure how it is in Poconos but we have both in Sandusky and my kids (7 and 9) loved Great Wolf Lodge but after staying at Kalahari a few months ago decided they like it there better, but then again our GWL is one of the smallest in the chain from my understanding - but as I say that we are going back to GWL this weekend with friends from out of town due to the deal we were able to get with our corporate discount :) Excited to be taking a family to Cedar Point who has never been there!

We loved GWL in the Poconos- it was our 1st time there and we were thrilled with it. I'm not a slide person, but dh & ds are- but i loved the pools and all of the other water things there.

Another great thing about it was my ds has a severe peanut & tree nut allergey - GWL (at least the Poconos one, not sure about the whole chain) is peanut & tree-nut tree, although some of their products may have been produced in a facility where nuts were present. Plus, they also have a specially trained chef & all of my son's food was made upstairs in their allergen kitchen by that chef- it took a little longer- you'd order and they'd send the order up and you go back to get in about 20-30 minutes. Loved how safe it felt for ds to be able to eat there.

We looked at Kalahari's website but a lot of the slides / attractions looked alot bigger than GWL and ds loves slides but not the huge or super scary/thrill type ones. Did you think Kalahari was geared more for older kids/thrill lovers, or was there alot for the tamer crowd too? It looks really cool online.

We don't live far from either GWL Poconos or Kalahari - only about 40 minutes from our house.

I would love to hear what you think of Kalahari! It looks really cool online I'm just afraid that most of the slides/attractions may be a little too mch for ds- he LOVES water slides but not the huge, thrill scary type ones.
Both Kalahari & Great Wolf Lodge are pretty close to us- we live about 40-45 minutes away so it makes for a quick trip.

We went to GWL last month and were able to get a great deal- I think the room & waterpark passes were a little under $250 plus room tax/fees/etc- I think we paid $305 or something like that and they gave a $50 credit for food, too. They also have the early saver deal- if you book 60 days or more out, you get 50% or more (something like that) off- we're looking at going maybe in Oct for a night and w/the early saver it's between $167 - $199 nt(plus tax and fees) :)

Can't wait to hear how Kalahari went & Happy Birthday to your son! Hope his day is awesome!!

SO sorry you had to cancel. I injured my foot back at the beginning of March and am still in a boot so I absolutely share your foot woes:crutches:. I am beginning to worry about being ready for Disney as the doctor said best case scenario I can start walking again at the end of September, so it doesn't give me much wiggle room for worst case scenario and just physically getting my body ready for those long walking days again. My DH says we can always rent me a scooter but it would really damper the trip. I'm glad you were able to reschedule--April is one of my favorite times to visit Disney so you will have a great time.

I'm so sorry to hear of your injury! That's a long time in a boot! I really feel for you!

My feet were bad for many, many years- since I was a kid but over the last 2 years they got to the point where it was difficult to even walk around a grocery store w/out pain & swelling & having to come home ice them and take motrin. I had to put off the surgery until this summer, once ds was ot of school, because of the recovery time & not being able to drive.
I had bunion surgery on my left foot the end of May and once that one healed enough- had right foot done a week and a half ago. I was able to weight bear and walk out same day right after surgery- in a bandage and surgical shoe- but couldn't do much of anything for a week- foot elevated & iced & meds, 2nd week can do a lot more but still in surgical shoe. I get stitches ot next week & can go back to reg shoes and driving- but nowhere near ready to do long walking, etc.

Disney is such an expensive trip- and not only the money, but the anticipation and build and excitement- I don't want to take any preventable chances of messing things up. I'll gladly wait the extra few months for a chance at a better-for-us trip :)

I hope you recover really soon & are able to enjoy your trip! If it doesn't heal in time or you don't want the scooter, maybe you can reschedule to a different time? I really hope you have a great time on your trip! I can not wait to go back!

Hello all.. Today is my Dalmatian day I am very excited we will be "Home 11/24-12/5"
We always go the 2 weeks before Thanksgiving this year we are trying after!
Staying:
11/24 - 11/25 - Serlago
11/25 - 12/1 - Caribbean Beach Resort
12/1 - 12/5 - All Star Movies

We loved GWL in the Poconos- it was our 1st time there and we were thrilled with it. I'm not a slide person, but dh & ds are- but i loved the pools and all of the other water things there.

Another great thing about it was my ds has a severe peanut & tree nut allergey - GWL (at least the Poconos one, not sure about the whole chain) is peanut & tree-nut tree, although some of their products may have been produced in a facility where nuts were present. Plus, they also have a specially trained chef & all of my son's food was made upstairs in their allergen kitchen by that chef- it took a little longer- you'd order and they'd send the order up and you go back to get in about 20-30 minutes. Loved how safe it felt for ds to be able to eat there.

We looked at Kalahari's website but a lot of the slides / attractions looked alot bigger than GWL and ds loves slides but not the huge or super scary/thrill type ones. Did you think Kalahari was geared more for older kids/thrill lovers, or was there alot for the tamer crowd too? It looks really cool online.

We don't live far from either GWL Poconos or Kalahari - only about 40 minutes from our house.

I think Kalahari is geared towards a little older with a lot bigger slides . My kids are 7 and 9. DS7 is still a little hesitant and doesn't go on the bigger slides but he liked the wave pool and lazy river and fort at Kalahari. DD9 is getting better on the bigger slides and is liking more challenges. We've spent a lot of time at Cedar Point Shores this summer so she's been trying more. DS is getting there but he's our more cautious kid. He does good at GWL so I think he's the type that just likes his comfort zone.

And back to Disney talk :) lol I think we finally have a plan for our trip!!
18 - arrive
19 - MK with Harmony Barber Shop for DS
20 - AK
21 - Typhoon Lagoon/Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli or maybe MK for the evening
22 - HS - 50's Prime time for dinner
23 - MK with BBB for DD followed by BOG :) (Thanks again to the dis'r who transferred to me!!!)
24 - Epcot and Candlelight Processional dinner/show - this is a first for us. I'm excited but also still wondering if it's worth the dinner package to see it. If anyone wants to offer reviews I would love it!!
25 - leave for home (and and probably stop somewhere to watch the UofM/OSU game!)

Kinda bummed that Disney is stopping the Express Transportation bus between parks. I had planned a 4 park/1 day challenge.. now have to rethink it and probably cancel. They want us to use the Minnie Vans at $20. a trip. not doable for me.
I feel the same way, The husband and I were so beyond excited to use this for our trip to save time at the security lines since we have a park hopper :(
Maybe they will roll out something in between now and then that is equivalent, or maybe do it temporarily for the holidays.

And back to Disney talk :) lol I think we finally have a plan for our trip!!
18 - arrive
19 - MK with Harmony Barber Shop for DS
20 - AK
21 - Typhoon Lagoon/Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli or maybe MK for the evening
22 - HS - 50's Prime time for dinner
23 - MK with BBB for DD followed by BOG :) (Thanks again to the dis'r who transferred to me!!!)
24 - Epcot and Candlelight Processional dinner/show - this is a first for us. I'm excited but also still wondering if it's worth the dinner package to see it. If anyone wants to offer reviews I would love it!!
25 - leave for home (and and probably stop somewhere to watch the UofM/OSU game!)

Are you a UofM fan or OSU? ;) - We are from Michigan! haha
Also we did harmony barber shop last year for DS for his first hair cut ( not sure if you have been ) but it was so cute!

Are you a UofM fan or OSU? ;) - We are from Michigan! haha
Also we did harmony barber shop last year for DS for his first hair cut ( not sure if you have been ) but it was so cute!
We have been a couple times - did 1st haircut and 2 other times. He doesn't like his hair cut and is normally real skittish but loves it cut here so we try to do it every trip now :)

And GO BLUE!!! Although I live in OH and DH is a diehard buckeyes fan - and so is DS, poor boy lol. At least DD sides with me! I did cave though and DS has his room all in Buckeyes - grey walls with OSU comforter, etc.

You all need to talk me down from canceling my upcoming trip. The Express Transportation demise may have been the last straw for me.

In celebration of our upcoming 25th Wedding Anniversary I have a 13 day triple split vacation planned at AKL, WL, and YC. Originally CL at YC, but changed to a Garden View after deciding we would be spending too much time at WS and hopping to other parks to justify the expense.

I have already had to reschedule my dates after the 180 day mark because my boss changed her mind about going to Hawaii to watch her GD play in a basketball tournament taking place at the same time as my vacation. I had asked her prior to booking and she said they weren't going and then a month later she decided she wanted to go and asked if it was possible that I change my reservation. I (semi) graciously agreed. (She has never been to WDW so has no clue how much trouble it is to get dining and room reservations during peak times.) So now our trip has us arriving the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, which has added a considerable amount to the overall cost. I was hoping the Annual Passholders discount would help with this. Ha! I was able to get $200 off at AKL only and paying Rack every where else.

I have now finally gotten most of my key dining reservations rescheduled, thanks to Touring Plans and Mouse Dining, and had all my park days figured out for the upcoming FP+ scheduling day, when Disney cancels the Express Bus. We have SEVERAL days where this feature played heavily in our plans. Back to the drawing board AGAIN!

I already have our plane tickets that are non refundable but I am sure I could find SOMETHING to do in Florida for two weeks at the end of Nov/early Dec that would cost considerably less than this vacation. I'm spending more on it than I did on our wedding!

Sorry to vent, I'm just so frustrated right now. (Again! >:() I know DH and I are the only ones who can ultimately make this decision but any input from the experts here would be taken into consideration!

Thanks for "listening ". :confused:

You all need to talk me down from canceling my upcoming trip. The Express Transportation demise may have been the last straw for me.

In celebration of our upcoming 25th Wedding Anniversary I have a 13 day triple split vacation planned at AKL, WL, and YC. Originally CL at YC, but changed to a Garden View after deciding we would be spending too much time at WS and hopping to other parks to justify the expense.

I have already had to reschedule my dates after the 180 day mark because my boss changed her mind about going to Hawaii to watch her GD play in a basketball tournament taking place at the same time as my vacation. I had asked her prior to booking and she said they weren't going and then a month later she decided she wanted to go and asked if it was possible that I change my reservation. I (semi) graciously agreed. (She has never been to WDW so has no clue how much trouble it is to get dining and room reservations during peak times.) So now our trip has us arriving the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, which has added a considerable amount to the overall cost. I was hoping the Annual Passholders discount would help with this. Ha! I was able to get $200 off at AKL only and paying Rack every where else.

I have now finally gotten most of my key dining reservations rescheduled, thanks to Touring Plans and Mouse Dining, and had all my park days figured out for the upcoming FP+ scheduling day, when Disney cancels the Express Bus. We have SEVERAL days where this feature played heavily in our plans. Back to the drawing board AGAIN!

I already have our plane tickets that are non refundable but I am sure I could find SOMETHING to do in Florida for two weeks at the end of Nov/early Dec that would cost considerably less than this vacation. I'm spending more on it than I did on our wedding!

Sorry to vent, I'm just so frustrated right now. (Again! >:() I know DH and I are the only ones who can ultimately make this decision but any input from the experts here would be taken into consideration!

Thanks for "listening ". :confused:

I dont think you should go into anything unless you are happy about it. That being said, I think you should keep the AKL and maybe switch to a moderate for the other dates to save the $$. The cost of this trip is clearly a stressor for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter