OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

You all need to talk me down from canceling my upcoming trip. The Express Transportation demise may have been the last straw for me.

In celebration of our upcoming 25th Wedding Anniversary I have a 13 day triple split vacation planned at AKL, WL, and YC. Originally CL at YC, but changed to a Garden View after deciding we would be spending too much time at WS and hopping to other parks to justify the expense.

I have already had to reschedule my dates after the 180 day mark because my boss changed her mind about going to Hawaii to watch her GD play in a basketball tournament taking place at the same time as my vacation. I had asked her prior to booking and she said they weren't going and then a month later she decided she wanted to go and asked if it was possible that I change my reservation. I (semi) graciously agreed. (She has never been to WDW so has no clue how much trouble it is to get dining and room reservations during peak times.) So now our trip has us arriving the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, which has added a considerable amount to the overall cost. I was hoping the Annual Passholders discount would help with this. Ha! I was able to get $200 off at AKL only and paying Rack every where else.

I have now finally gotten most of my key dining reservations rescheduled, thanks to Touring Plans and Mouse Dining, and had all my park days figured out for the upcoming FP+ scheduling day, when Disney cancels the Express Bus. We have SEVERAL days where this feature played heavily in our plans. Back to the drawing board AGAIN!

I already have our plane tickets that are non refundable but I am sure I could find SOMETHING to do in Florida for two weeks at the end of Nov/early Dec that would cost considerably less than this vacation. I'm spending more on it than I did on our wedding!

Sorry to vent, I'm just so frustrated right now. (Again! >:() I know DH and I are the only ones who can ultimately make this decision but any input from the experts here would be taken into consideration!

Thanks for "listening ". :confused:

Sorry to hear about your frustration! Is there anyway you could change your plans to revolve around where you are staying? For example, do AK stuff during your AKL stay, MK during the WL stay and Epcot/HS during the YC stay? That way you wouldn't have to be forced to do too much park hopping. Despite all the planning frustration, it sounds like it has the potential to be a wonderful trip!

You all need to talk me down from canceling my upcoming trip. The Express Transportation demise may have been the last straw for me.

In celebration of our upcoming 25th Wedding Anniversary I have a 13 day triple split vacation planned at AKL, WL, and YC. Originally CL at YC, but changed to a Garden View after deciding we would be spending too much time at WS and hopping to other parks to justify the expense.

I have already had to reschedule my dates after the 180 day mark because my boss changed her mind about going to Hawaii to watch her GD play in a basketball tournament taking place at the same time as my vacation. I had asked her prior to booking and she said they weren't going and then a month later she decided she wanted to go and asked if it was possible that I change my reservation. I (semi) graciously agreed. (She has never been to WDW so has no clue how much trouble it is to get dining and room reservations during peak times.) So now our trip has us arriving the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, which has added a considerable amount to the overall cost. I was hoping the Annual Passholders discount would help with this. Ha! I was able to get $200 off at AKL only and paying Rack every where else.

I have now finally gotten most of my key dining reservations rescheduled, thanks to Touring Plans and Mouse Dining, and had all my park days figured out for the upcoming FP+ scheduling day, when Disney cancels the Express Bus. We have SEVERAL days where this feature played heavily in our plans. Back to the drawing board AGAIN!

I already have our plane tickets that are non refundable but I am sure I could find SOMETHING to do in Florida for two weeks at the end of Nov/early Dec that would cost considerably less than this vacation. I'm spending more on it than I did on our wedding!

Sorry to vent, I'm just so frustrated right now. (Again! >:() I know DH and I are the only ones who can ultimately make this decision but any input from the experts here would be taken into consideration!

Thanks for "listening ". :confused:
I am so upset about the transportation issue as well, I was looking forward to it. However using uber isn't too far off as long as your not going to more then 2 parks per day it might actually equal out to be around the same amount.

98 days to go and have officially booked and paid every last penny of this trip! Even booked transfers from hotel to Universal through Mears which has taken a load of my mind about getting cabs once out in the States and actually worked out very affordable. Definitely feels like it's happening now.

I dont think you should go into anything unless you are happy about it. That being said, I think you should keep the AKL and maybe switch to a moderate for the other dates to save the $$. The cost of this trip is clearly a stressor for you.
Just did a quick search for reservations and there is NOTHING available for my dates Nov 21- Dec 4, even splitting up the dates. I do have a fall back reservation at POFQ that I made way back when, just in case I wasn't able to save the money for the Deluxes. Out of these four resorts we have already stayed at POFQ and AKL so I was really looking forward to the new ones.

Since this is our 25th I am willing to stretch the budget, so money isn't the main factor. It is more that I am having to reschedule and shuffle everything around. AGAIN. If I am going to be spending this sum of money I want to enjoy the vacation, and so far that is not happening.

Sorry to hear about your frustration! Is there anyway you could change your plans to revolve around where you are staying? For example, do AK stuff during your AKL stay, MK during the WL stay and Epcot/HS during the YC stay? That way you wouldn't have to be forced to do too much park hopping. Despite all the planning frustration, it sounds like it has the potential to be a wonderful trip!
This actually is how the first two stays are designed.

I booked AKL over Thanksgiving and planned to do AK only and resort days, with a Wanyama tour, and enjoying all the restaurants the Lodge has to offer. The only hopping was going to be Wed going from AK to MK for a BOG dinner. WL will be spent at the resort, Brunch at Ca Grill, a monorail tour and back to CR for fireworks, with an MK day, and a MVMCP with minimal hopping. Again, this week wasn't my first choice so I was trying to design our holiday the best way possible to enjoy our time.

The first five days I wanted to lay low at the resorts, trying to escape the Holiday Hoards. That leaves the last week for DHS, EP and hopping, when hopefully the crowds have thinned a little. When we visited in both March and June we spent our last full park day doing our own version of a four park challenge. When I told DH that probably wasn't going to happen this time he was very disappointed, saying that was his favorite part of those trips. I suppose we could do the Minnie Van service or Uber, but we won't have the luxury of bypassing security, so it will change the experience immensely.
I am so upset about the transportation issue as well, I was looking forward to it. However using uber isn't too far off as long as your not going to more then 2 parks per day it might actually equal out to be around the same amount.
Yeah, I suppose using Uber or the Minnie Vans would be acceptable on some days. The real difference is going to be having to walk out of the park, stand in line for security at the second park, and then walk into the new park. We ain't no spring chickens any more and that was such a nice feature the Express Bus offered! It will definitely change plans for our last park day though. I am not willing to do that for our four park challenge. It would turn a very fun and pleasant day into something not pleasant and not fun.

Thanks ALL for your suggestions. I really spent time thinking about what you all said. It helps talking it out here and it helped me realize that it isn't as bad as it really seemed at first. I think it's mostly I am just so tired of changing things. I could just book a nice hotel on a fabulous beach somewhere and JUST BE DONE!

And to top it off my boss just called and asked if I could work the weekend of my actual anniversary which is about a month before our trip. o_O

And back to Disney talk :) lol I think we finally have a plan for our trip!!
18 - arrive
19 - MK with Harmony Barber Shop for DS
20 - AK
21 - Typhoon Lagoon/Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli or maybe MK for the evening
22 - HS - 50's Prime time for dinner
23 - MK with BBB for DD followed by BOG :) (Thanks again to the dis'r who transferred to me!!!)
24 - Epcot and Candlelight Processional dinner/show - this is a first for us. I'm excited but also still wondering if it's worth the dinner package to see it. If anyone wants to offer reviews I would love it!!
25 - leave for home (and and probably stop somewhere to watch the UofM/OSU game!)

We went to the candlelight last year on the first day it was offered (and we are going again this nov 24th). I was hesitant last year paying 2 credits (at Akershus), but daughter wanted to eat there anyway. SO glad we did the package. Epcot was crazy busy that day. We saw people lined up in the stand by line a little after 1 for the first show! We ate dinner, walked to the entrance and waited about 40 minutes till we were let in. Had great seats in the middle. This year we are doing Via Napoli package. As for the show, my family was hesitant going but all agreed it was one of the highlights of our trip. We really love the holiday season and it's was just so beautiful.

That is what I started to think... I will Uber it 3 times and forget the other park hopping I had planned to do.. Got my maps of where to pick up Uber so now I'm good to go.

We went to the candlelight last year on the first day it was offered (and we are going again this nov 24th). I was hesitant last year paying 2 credits (at Akershus), but daughter wanted to eat there anyway. SO glad we did the package. Epcot was crazy busy that day. We saw people lined up in the stand by line a little after 1 for the first show! We ate dinner, walked to the entrance and waited about 40 minutes till we were let in. Had great seats in the middle. This year we are doing Via Napoli package. As for the show, my family was hesitant going but all agreed it was one of the highlights of our trip. We really love the holiday season and it's was just so beautiful.

that's what I needed to hear :) It will be the first night offered so your experience helps a lot! I have a lunch and dinner package saved so just finalizing then which one to keep (Rose & Crown v. Via Napoli - which would change our other dinner night at Epcot then)
such decisions.... :)

I was enjoying all the GWL talk. I live near the Poconos & was just looking into prices for a weekend stay there at the end of December. I was originally looking at the Gaylord National but the prices were too much to justify after paying for a Disney trip. I'm hoping GWL has a deal & im also looking at other choices. I'll add Kalahari to my list. We might just end up doing Great Adventure because we can just drive & not stay. Then do a stay at GWL at another time.

Just did a quick search for reservations and there is NOTHING available for my dates Nov 21- Dec 4, even splitting up the dates. I do have a fall back reservation at POFQ that I made way back when, just in case I wasn't able to save the money for the Deluxes. Out of these four resorts we have already stayed at POFQ and AKL so I was really looking forward to the new ones.

Since this is our 25th I am willing to stretch the budget, so money isn't the main factor. It is more that I am having to reschedule and shuffle everything around. AGAIN. If I am going to be spending this sum of money I want to enjoy the vacation, and so far that is not happening.

This actually is how the first two stays are designed.

I booked AKL over Thanksgiving and planned to do AK only and resort days, with a Wanyama tour, and enjoying all the restaurants the Lodge has to offer. The only hopping was going to be Wed going from AK to MK for a BOG dinner. WL will be spent at the resort, Brunch at Ca Grill, a monorail tour and back to CR for fireworks, with an MK day, and a MVMCP with minimal hopping. Again, this week wasn't my first choice so I was trying to design our holiday the best way possible to enjoy our time.

The first five days I wanted to lay low at the resorts, trying to escape the Holiday Hoards. That leaves the last week for DHS, EP and hopping, when hopefully the crowds have thinned a little. When we visited in both March and June we spent our last full park day doing our own version of a four park challenge. When I told DH that probably wasn't going to happen this time he was very disappointed, saying that was his favorite part of those trips. I suppose we could do the Minnie Van service or Uber, but we won't have the luxury of bypassing security, so it will change the experience immensely.

Yeah, I suppose using Uber or the Minnie Vans would be acceptable on some days. The real difference is going to be having to walk out of the park, stand in line for security at the second park, and then walk into the new park. We ain't no spring chickens any more and that was such a nice feature the Express Bus offered! It will definitely change plans for our last park day though. I am not willing to do that for our four park challenge. It would turn a very fun and pleasant day into something not pleasant and not fun.

Thanks ALL for your suggestions. I really spent time thinking about what you all said. It helps talking it out here and it helped me realize that it isn't as bad as it really seemed at first. I think it's mostly I am just so tired of changing things. I could just book a nice hotel on a fabulous beach somewhere and JUST BE DONE!

And to top it off my boss just called and asked if I could work the weekend of my actual anniversary which is about a month before our trip. o_O

If I were in your shoes I'd be really frustrated. Having to move things around & rework plans is a huge pain in the ***. I hope you can step back & take a break then work things out.

If I were in your shoes I'd be really frustrated. Having to move things around & rework plans is a huge pain in the ***. I hope you can step back & take a break then work things out.
Thank you for your kind words.

I WAS really frustrated. The FIRST time I had to completely change my vacation, four weeks ago.

Now? I'm not sure what I'm feeling. Defeat? Despair? Anger? Whatever the emotion, it's surely not one usually associated with planning a vacation. I think it's time for an adult beverage.

Dalmatian day for us! Woot Woot!

Still don't have flights though - right now RT out of Boston is $687 PER PERSON! I just keep waiting because that price has to come down, right?!

@littlebittyhouse I sure hope so we have 98 days so going about the same time and I bought my tix out of Portland Me the day SW dropped them and go them for $272 each but have watched them rise and rise.. my fingers are crossed for you.. Michelle

@littlebittyhouse I sure hope so we have 98 days so going about the same time and I bought my tix out of Portland Me the day SW dropped them and go them for $272 each but have watched them rise and rise.. my fingers are crossed for you.. Michelle

They came down to $490 RT flying out of Providence RI and at this point I wish that I bought them! We are flying with two littles so I am holding out for JetBlue or Southwest. Fingers crossed.

There's a 1:50 BOG lunch on Thanksgiving on the site right now!!
I've been so slack on ADR's-have TP looking for a BoG lunch the Tuesday or Wednesday before T-day. Didn't make one earlier as had one planned for August trip-but son was sick the night before our MK morning so cancelled.

Since we are offsite with a car I think when we get hungry most days we will escape the crowd and head back to resort to eat, relax and then decide if we want to go back. Since I can't make FP til 30 days out anyway-will wait to see what we get.

We upgraded to AP's last week so we have more trips to get stuff in. Just really want to see the Holiday decorations. And my DD.

Is anyone booking the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam party? Really wanted to do this - however the outrageous price has me rethinking. IF budget allows will book closer to trip if any are left. I really love Prep and Landing though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter