**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
I typically use multiple crowd calendars to plan, but this trip falls with spring break and Easter so I am throwing caution to the wind and picking what works for my family on what day/night. We will leverage mornings, EMH, and FP+ for our must dos and relax with our breaks in the afternoons.

This arctic blast really has me dreaming of my trip :cold:
With windchill it was -35 here last night

For those that have been Christmas week and Easter week, how do the crowds compare? We will be there 3/28-4/4 and have never gone at Easter. I know there are always ways to deal with the crowds when it’s me, DH and DD (11) but I’m worried with my in laws. I’m just not convinced this is a good week to go.

I posted this on the strategies page, but thought you all might have some insights ... FP+ day is tomorrow - woohoo!

Tomorrow's my 60-day FP+ day, and I have a couple questions about recent bookings:

1. Which has been quicker/more efficient: MDE app or website on the computer? I know the app has been really wonky lately, but the FP+ interface on the website seems to have a lot of extra steps (unless I'm missing a shortcut or something).

2. In recent weeks there was some talk about the window opening before 7 a.m. Has anyone had this happen? Just wondering when to start checking.

Of course this all assumes MDE is up and running (it is back up now) ...
I used the MDE and there were lots of freezes throughout my process. But got it done. The booking window is 7 a.m. Eastern Mt. Time.

I used the MDE and there were lots of freezes throughout my process. But got it done. The booking window is 7 a.m. Eastern Mt. Time.

Thanks! I finished booking a few minutes ago. Window opened at 7 am on the dot and the MDX app worked great on my phone. Took about 15 minutes to make 13 FP+ reservations.

And I got everything I wanted, including FoP. Though I had to do some rearranging of my Epcot plans. Somehow Epcot has been the park that’s giving me the most trouble - I had to use the reservation finder for my Garden Grill PPO breakfast at 180 days. Maybe it’ll be a crowded park ...

Good luck to everyone making FP+ reservations in the coming days!

Thanks! I finished booking a few minutes ago. Window opened at 7 am on the dot and the MDX app worked great on my phone. Took about 15 minutes to make 13 FP+ reservations.

And I got everything I wanted, including FoP. Though I had to do some rearranging of my Epcot plans. Somehow Epcot has been the park that’s giving me the most trouble - I had to use the reservation finder for my Garden Grill PPO breakfast at 180 days. Maybe it’ll be a crowded park ...

Good luck to everyone making FP+ reservations in the coming days!
Maybe because the Flower and Garden show starts the end of Feb. into March. So glad you got everything you wanted, we did too. Do you park hop?

Happy New Year everyone! Finally got around to planning my park days for March along with making some plans for my quick Feb. trip :). Now I need to finish making our dining reservations; nothing like waiting till the last minute! Think I'm going to book the F! Dessert party. We haven't seen F! our last few trips and this will save us from using a FP which we normally don't do, but since we're going a busy week I think we'll be happy for the reserved seating. Also so far have House of Blues, Via Napoli and Beaches and Cream still booked; only other definite I know we want is to finally try Artist Point!

Maybe because the Flower and Garden show starts the end of Feb. into March. So glad you got everything you wanted, we did too. Do you park hop?

Yep, we’ve got hoppers. We are staying at the Swan and are hoping to take advantage of an easy walk over to the WS.

In other good news, Delta changed our flight schedule to add a leg. When I called to see if there was anything to be done (pessimistically since we are flying on points) they immediately changed our arrival schedule so we land at 11:15 am instead of 3. More park time for us on our first day!

Yep, we’ve got hoppers. We are staying at the Swan and are hoping to take advantage of an easy walk over to the WS.

In other good news, Delta changed our flight schedule to add a leg. When I called to see if there was anything to be done (pessimistically since we are flying on points) they immediately changed our arrival schedule so we land at 11:15 am instead of 3. More park time for us on our first day!
Lucky! We had to get a later flight for price purposes. Arriving at 6 p.m. My daughter always likes to do first day. I don't. But...we are all eating at Ohana' first night, so we are all excited to do that together!

We didn’t get FPs for FoP, but we only have three park days before our cruise, so I am not surprised at that. I will keep trying to modify and if it ends up that we have to wait in line, then so be it!

Finished booking FP for our trip. FoP not available on day 60+1 but I knew that going in because I had checked the TP FP availability page. We will rope drop it that day if I can' get one. I did book FoP for our departure day just in case.

The only other one I had an issue was 7DMT on arrival day, first available time was 3pm and inqas wanting 1130am. I will keep checking!

We didn’t get FPs for FoP, but we only have three park days before our cruise, so I am not surprised at that. I will keep trying to modify and if it ends up that we have to wait in line, then so be it!
We had to wait for it in June when we went. Yes, worth it...but it was over 2 hours...way longer than I've ever waited for anything. I would do it again if I had never experienced it. Not likely to do it again....and don't have to. We got 4 FP's for it this time!

Booked my FP's today for our short trip got everything we wanted even FOP. :dogdance:
Congrats! This is all so exciting. I may start packing soon....I'm an early packer, keeps me filled with anticipation. Can't wait to get my Magic Bands. I've been following the decorate your MB's thread, got some good ideas!

Congrats! This is all so exciting. I may start packing soon....I'm an early packer, keeps me filled with anticipation. Can't wait to get my Magic Bands. I've been following the decorate your MB's thread, got some good ideas!

I normally pack early too although not this early but I've never been in the spring so I have to figure out what to pack lol

I normally pack early too although not this early but I've never been in the spring so I have to figure out what to pack lol
Yeah, I hear you LOL! It was - 27 yesterday morning. Leaving the house in shorts won't work for me. People have said to bring a variety of clothes for being cool in the a.m. and p.m. but could get up to 85 during the day...talk about trying to figure it out. I think shorts and a sweatshirt maybe. I'm just bringing a bunch of different stuff and hoping I can figure it out once I get there. I always way over pack and don't want to do that this time. Have fun packing!

Yeah, I hear you LOL! It was - 27 yesterday morning. Leaving the house in shorts won't work for me. People have said to bring a variety of clothes for being cool in the a.m. and p.m. but could get up to 85 during the day...talk about trying to figure it out. I think shorts and a sweatshirt maybe. I'm just bringing a bunch of different stuff and hoping I can figure it out once I get there. I always way over pack and don't want to do that this time. Have fun packing!
I was one of the ones that said to wear a sweatshirt with shorts lol. It was really windy and chilly in the mornings but got hot during the afternoon. I brought one pair of jeans and one pair of sweatpants.

Has anyone booking FP+ noticed a shortage of times for TSMM?! I just read on the news thread that the third track will close, and then reopen while the original two tracks are closed, and then prior to opening Toy Story Land, the whole attraction will need to shut down. No specific dates were mentioned so I am hoping it can be gauged based on FP+ haha

TSMM is definitely one of my, if not my favorite ride. While I am so excited for the land, I would be so sad if I could not ride in March!

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2018/01/toy-s...are-toy-story-land-opening-hollywood-studios/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter