*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Day 4 of 6 for Fastpass!

Epcot -- got everything we wanted yet again. Test Track, Living with the Land, and Seas with Nemo

I get to sleep in tomorrow as it's one of our Universal days!

Monday is Animal Kingdom -- that's the one I'm the most nervous about! :scared: Wish me luck!

So, everyone on another board I belong to (non Disney) is super excited about the eclipse happening on 8/21. I will be in WDW! I've never experienced one before....will there even be anything to see at that location? I think I saw something like 70-80% in central FL (whatever that means lol). I think I read it will happen about 2:30pm(ish) in FL which is our EP day but we will most likely be during our mid-day break back at POR. Should I plan for us to.......do whatever it is you do during an eclipse? :p

Very cool!! Thanks for sharing :goodvibes That is a double park day for us. We are doing MK at rope drop and going back to the resort to rest before hitting AK late afternoon/evening. We will either be at the pool or taking showers and resting in the room. Will definitely have to check it out! I envision all four of us hanging out on the balcony and "watching" the eclipse:thumbsup2

Yes, it will get dark(er) for a period of time, like the sun is setting. 70 - 80% means that much of the sun will be blocked, so you will only be getting 20 to 30% of the light you would normally get. It will be like twilight for a while.

We are also in MK that day. We have a 1:00 to 2:00 FP for Tomorrowland Speedway.

I just wanted to update this a bit . .. . I read online (don't recall exactly where now) that the eclipse in Central Florida should start at about 1:19, reach it's peak (where the largest part of the sun is blocked) at about 2:51, and end around 4:14. Hopefully, that timeline will help in planning for those who really want to make sure that they see it.

39 days!!! Broke another 10 barrier.
How is everyone else getting through this time waiting for the trip to be here?! As others said I hate to wish my summer away but going to Disney is what I look forward to every year!!
Tick tock, tick tock

How is everyone else getting through this time waiting for the trip to be here?! As others said I hate to wish my summer away but going to Disney is what I look forward to every year!!
Tick tock, tick tock
I get through it by compulsively planning, and double checking my plans, and fine tuning, and reading the DIS, and watching the DIS-Unplugged pod casts, etc.

Tick tock, tick tock

Had to be at work (teacher) until Friday - so not really time to enjoy the countdown. But I am "free" now, so I will be planning and replanning and enjoying the summer days here at home.

Tick tock, tick tock

if you're me you obsessively change your FPs and ADRs, usually by like 5 minutes, trying to come up with the "perfect" plan......then when you're done making changes you realize that everything is back to the exact same times they originally were. :D

I'm getting through it by booking FP! lol One benefit of being off site and unable to do them until 3-4 weeks before we leave!

My kids are going to Grandma's next weekend and I think I'm going to get our suitcases out and start doing a little bit of packing -- it's a chore where there are 6 of us to do!

Joining the party a little late, but we will be at WDW from August 8-15 staying at All Star Movies. Very excited for this trip as it has been 10 years since we were last there and will be the first time for my DS 7 yrs old. I love seeing Disney through the eyes of a first timer. Plus there is SOOOO much that will be new to me. Trip is also a mini-family reunion because I'll get to see some of my Aunts, Uncles and cousins I have seen in awhile. My 16 year old cousin (god I'm old) is performing at Disney Springs with her choir, which is why we are going those dates in August. The family is coming together to see her perform. Also my parents and one of my brother and his family will be going. My niece is 5 years old and this is her first time to WDW as well. She is crazy about princesses. She's been to DL before and has some experience but of course WDW is a whole different game. I've reserved a HEA Dessert party and the Star Wars fireworks dessert party which I'm super excited for. Want to agree with all those that have expressed that they can't wait for their trip but then the summer will be gone too. Exactly how I feel. Can't wait but then the summer will be gone. We will have 2 weeks after we get back before school starts but still. Anyway, only 25 days before we leave, we are also doing some days at Universal and Legoland before our arrival at WDW.

Last edited:
I just wanted to update this a bit . .. . I read online (don't recall exactly where now) that the eclipse in Central Florida should start at about 1:19, reach it's peak (where the largest part of the sun is blocked) at about 2:51, and end around 4:14. Hopefully, that timeline will help in planning for those who really want to make sure that they see it.

Thank you. this was not even on my radar but now super excited that we will see It!

Day 5 of 6 of FP -- Animal Kingdom

Got Rivers of Light!!!!! Now I can dump the $300 ROL breakfast at Tusker House! It's for August 9th at 10:20am if anyone wants to grab it.

Also got Na'vi River Journey & Kali River Rapids

One more day to go! Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom!

20 days to go! We have several friends and family who have either just come back or are there now and seeing all their pictures is making the wait so hard.

The closer we get to the trip the more I find myself singing "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

This probably wouldn't be so bad if the kids didn't join in... :duck: DH told me he's not sure which song he's less excited to hear - this one or Small world. Unfortunately for him, these are two of the kids' favorite rides... :teeth:

Next week I'll get the Disney CDs out from the library and the real sing along will begin!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter