*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Happy Mama here - the kids asked if we could have a Disney movie marathon so that they can remember all the characters and songs when we go. :):love: Sure - twist my arm...
What a wonderful way to spend the time!!:lovestruc
I'm gearing up to do this as well. We even have a bunch of old classics on VHS!

The best part? The girls have NO IDEA we're staying at the Poly (we told them POFQ). We're doing ASMovies for a night, and we had a Kona reservation for the 24th anyway, so we have an excuse to go there after we hit DS. My DD 15 DID say that one time she'd like it if we surprised her with where we were going, but she meant Disneyland as opposed to WDW, not really the resort at WDW.

This is more fun than keeping the entire trip secret, which we were going to do. They would've caught on to that... but are clueless here.

i love keeping things a surprise from the kids. One year we kept the DCL cruise at the end of our WDW trip a surprise. They thought we were going to the airport to fly home. Another, we were on a DCL and when it was over they thought we were going home, but we went to Universal for 3 days.
For this trip I am keeping the Fireworks Dessert Party on DD's bday a surprise.

34 days before we leave home here. Running around like a madman trying to get everything organized, and packed, and make sure we have all that we need.

I have learned, over the years, that Google Docs is an amazing tool for planning a trip. I have a document shared between my wife, my son, my daughter, and I, with literally all of our vacation information in it, from packing list, stuff to buy before we leave, shopping list for Wal Mart when we get there, addresses and contact info for everywhere we are going, a list of the expenses we will have, and the money we have put aside. It also has a daily itinerary with ADR numbers and times, FP+ times, park hours etc.

Since the wife and kids have access to it, they can update as they pack their stuff. When in the parks, they can always know what our next FP+ is, where we are going to eat and when, etc. It is an amazing too for Disney vacation planning.

34 days before we leave home here. Running around like a madman trying to get everything organized, and packed, and make sure we have all that we need.

I have learned, over the years, that Google Docs is an amazing tool for planning a trip. I have a document shared between my wife, my son, my daughter, and I, with literally all of our vacation information in it, from packing list, stuff to buy before we leave, shopping list for Wal Mart when we get there, addresses and contact info for everywhere we are going, a list of the expenses we will have, and the money we have put aside. It also has a daily itinerary with ADR numbers and times, FP+ times, park hours etc.

Since the wife and kids have access to it, they can update as they pack their stuff. When in the parks, they can always know what our next FP+ is, where we are going to eat and when, etc. It is an amazing too for Disney vacation planning.

I hope you have "order memory maker" on that list....lol!!

I hope you have "order memory maker" on that list....lol!!

To be completely honest, I don't have it on that list. I was kind of hoping that was important enough, and in the "spotlight" enough that I wouldn't be able to forget it, plus I figure you all will yell at me and remind me :)

To be completely honest, I don't have it on that list. I was kind of hoping that was important enough, and in the "spotlight" enough that I wouldn't be able to forget it, plus I figure you all will yell at me and remind me :)

Yes sir!!! We have faith in you :-)

YOU GUYS!!! I just scored a BOG dinner ressie at 51 days out! I guess we'll be dining there for 5 meals during our week stay. LOL It's DS's favorite restaurant and he has NO idea I was able to get us in, let alone for 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and now a dinner. He's going to freak out.

Wow, and I felt a little crazy because I have breakfast AND dinner booked there (in the same day), lol.

LOL. We have breakfast and lunch (not the same day). We have "free" QS dining, I feel this is a great use of credits - beautiful atmosphere, great place to cool off from the August sun, food is better than most other QS...win win win :)
We have breakfast and lunch too (on the same day :goodvibes). We have quick service plan for the first time and I totally agree with the great use of credits here! It only worked to do it on the same day because our other MK day is EMM and we will eat a late breakfast for this ticketed event. We love BOG and are also using these meals to cool off in August!:thumbsup2:woohoo:

YOU GUYS!!! I just scored a BOG dinner ressie at 51 days out! I guess we'll be dining there for 5 meals during our week stay. LOL It's DS's favorite restaurant and he has NO idea I was able to get us in, let alone for 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and now a dinner. He's going to freak out.
We have 2 lunches at BOG this year. Can't wait! We haven't eaten there since it opened. We don't usually do ADR, preferring to eat QS and snacks, but this year decided to add in a few ADR to the mix.

Awesome!!! BOG is one of my family's favorite TS restaurants and dinner is our favorite meal there. We've eaten there 5x as a family and DH and I ate there once on an adults only trip, so next month we'll be our 6th/7th time for dinner. We've had lunch and breakfast once each but really, REALLY prefer dinner :goodvibes I just decided a few days ago that I'd like to do breakfast again so I have an alert out; hoping we manage to get one!

Just decided to add the Highway in the Sky Dine Around to our trip. Now need to find recent reviews to make sure it's worth it!

Just placed the order for our BOG lunch!!! It's getting so close now!!!

For those of you who have BOG breakfast or lunch reservations, remember to pre order your meal 30 days before your ADR! A link will appear online within your reservation. It saves you serious time waiting in line to order at the restaurant!! You'll simply check in, be sent inside to pay for your meal, and then find a table. Food arrives within 15 minutes or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter