• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

39 days!!! Broke another 10 barrier.
How is everyone else getting through this time waiting for the trip to be here?! As others said I hate to wish my summer away but going to Disney is what I look forward to every year!!
Tick tock, tick tock

We have our countdown on the chalkboard in our breakfast area (32 days tomorrow morning!) and the kids have been reading Disney parks books to "plan" their days They have already picked out what they want as their first treat when we get there. I've checked and rechecked my fastpasses and magic band order (ours ship tomorrow) and have at least four packing lists going on my kitchen counter. I culled through the kids' closets and counted out outfits to make sure they have what they need! I've been planning out what to take so that we can go straight to the parks if we want to. I think half the fun is in the planning

Day 6 of 6 is a success! Magic Kingdom! Booked Big Thunder Mountain & Seven Dwarves Mine Train for the big kids & Peter Pan and Dumbo for the little kid and Buzz Lightyear for all of us!

Whew! Now all that's left is the packing!! Oh and we paid off our pool house over the weekend!

23 more days until we leave!!!

We have our countdown on the chalkboard in our breakfast area (32 days tomorrow morning!) and the kids have been reading Disney parks books to "plan" their days They have already picked out what they want as their first treat when we get there. I've checked and rechecked my fastpasses and magic band order (ours ship tomorrow) and have at least four packing lists going on my kitchen counter. I culled through the kids' closets and counted out outfits to make sure they have what they need! I've been planning out what to take so that we can go straight to the parks if we want to. I think half the fun is in the planning

I agree! There's only so much I can do for just me and hubby though lol I did pull out two suitcases and start throwing stuff in there that we are bringing! We drive so the packing is endless lol I also send him "Disney pics a day".. After going seven years I have tons to send him while he's at work.
32 days for you, so exciting!! We're right behind ya at 36 today! :)
Have a great time!!!

do any august regulars have any cooling item suggestions? Handheld fans? Those cooling towels/packs thingies that go on your necks (?I think that's what you do with them?)

I agree! There's only so much I can do for just me and hubby though lol I did pull out two suitcases and start throwing stuff in there that we are bringing! We drive so the packing is endless lol I also send him "Disney pics a day".. After going seven years I have tons to send him while he's at work.
32 days for you, so exciting!! We're right behind ya at 36 today! :)
Have a great time!!!
Disney pics a day is a GREAT idea! We've been enough that I have plenty of pics! Totally doing that now ;) I also have a pile of stuff we will need going in my closet... like hand sanitizer, travel size everything. We have driven almost every time but flew last time, and are flying this time. The packing IS endless when you drive!!! 36 days, woo hoo! That's just four weeks is all! Lol.

do any august regulars have any cooling item suggestions? Handheld fans? Those cooling towels/packs thingies that go on your necks (?I think that's what you do with them?)

1 - Water, even if you are not thirsty, make a point of drinking a few gulp often.
2 - Cooling towel. They really work! You put them around your neck, yes.
3 - Mist fan + spray. Dollar store have them, but of course you can buy a mickey one in the parks. We sprayed ourselves all the time.
4 - My daughter had a fan in her stroller
5 - Plan for a break or indoor shows in the afternoon. Carroussel of progress, Mickey Philarmagic, anything that is seated and indoor will help!
6 - "Quick dry" clothes, Usually says something like "dry fit" or "dry more". They are usually in the sport section. I wore polyester/nylon sport capri pants everyday. I had some other kind of pants that I thought were confortable in the heat. Boy was I wrong. I went to the closest WalMart and got more sport pants and bras! Seems dumb but a quick dry bras is so much more confortable! ;) I don't wear shorts or dress, but that would probably work too if you can prevent the rub.

Next week I'll get the Disney CDs out from the library and the real sing along will begin!!
I am driving down with oldest DD and DS (DH and otherDD flying a few days later-she has mandatory band camp she can't miss) and DD has 800 songs already on playlist-+separate Disney playlist-think it was over 200 songs last time I asked LOL

1 - Water, even if you are not thirsty, make a point of drinking a few gulp often.
2 - Cooling towel. They really work! You put them around your neck, yes.
3 - Mist fan + spray. Dollar store have them, but of course you can buy a mickey one in the parks. We sprayed ourselves all the time.
4 - My daughter had a fan in her stroller
5 - Plan for a break or indoor shows in the afternoon. Carroussel of progress, Mickey Philarmagic, anything that is seated and indoor will help!
6 - "Quick dry" clothes, Usually says something like "dry fit" or "dry more". They are usually in the sport section. I wore polyester/nylon sport capri pants everyday. I had some other kind of pants that I thought were confortable in the heat. Boy was I wrong. I went to the closest WalMart and got more sport pants and bras! Seems dumb but a quick dry bras is so much more confortable! ;) I don't wear shorts or dress, but that would probably work too if you can prevent the rub.
We have gone in June mostly-the Frogg Toggs work well for us. However friend of mine had a hat (on lake this weekend) that had a solar powered fan built into brim of hat!! Thinking of finding one of those. But with August so much hotter thinking we might need the misting fans-although I've planned the park days with early mornings, afternoon siestas/pool break, than back to parks for night time. Worked great on June trips.

And x 1000 on the water-if you aren't refilling a water bottle at least once per hour you aren't drinking enough.

We have gone in June mostly-the Frogg Toggs work well for us. However friend of mine had a hat (on lake this weekend) that had a solar powered fan built into brim of hat!! Thinking of finding one of those. But with August so much hotter thinking we might need the misting fans-although I've planned the park days with early mornings, afternoon siestas/pool break, than back to parks for night time. Worked great on June trips.
We agree with the Frogg Toggs! They are great. I just saw your post and went on to Amazon to buy youngest DD the hat with solar powered fan built in. She has issues with heat, so this, along with the Frogg Togg will be great! Thanks for posting! :thumbsup2

We got ours several years ago at Dick's Sporting goods store. They last / work still - we do rinse them every day after we use them in the parks and then once home we wash/let dry / store until we go to Disney again. Last year we also saw some at Disney for sale at the parks.

Any Outdoor type store should have them or another version of them. Price is between10-15$ per towel, depending on brand.

Any Outdoor type store should have them or another version of them. Price is between10-15$ per towel, depending on brand.
Yes, I see them many places now. When we got ours several years ago, we could only find them in the US (Dicks stores) and they were about $15 US. Now I have seen them in Canada (Ontario) much more often (and less than $15 US). Not sure if the other brands work as well as the Frogg Togg brand (we can only comment on Frogg Togg brand which are great). Lots of colours and designs now. We only had the choice of blue when we purchased ours. My nieces are still in strollers and they have even laid a frogg togg under the toddlers in the stroller for a cool layer underneath them. They are the first things we pack for our August Disney trips :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter