Official 2017 D23 Expo Thread

I'll clean this up...
Most likely to least:

1. Tie...Great Movie Ride/Ratatuoille Add (permits are just below on the list of reliability than heavy construction equipment)
2. Haunted Mansion Restaurant
3. Guardians Overlay in Epcot
4. Tron cycle (this one's rising)...as a replacement to speedway
5. New illuminations
6. Gondola (actual announcement...it's probably a certainty but I think they'll time it with dvc sales)
7. Inside out in imagination
8. Mexico/U.K. Ride changes or additions (lump all other Epcot pavilions there)
9. Dvc additions (poly, GF, Contemp 2.0...) highly unlikely but a near certainty in 10 years or less.
10. Spaceship redesign/mission space changes

Last: Brazil pavilion
That's a pretty fair list. I really have doubts that the tron coaster will be announced. I think it could happen, but I'm trying not to hype myself up too much and be disappointed.

I also think it's interesting you have the haunted mansion restaurant so high up. I think it has a decent possibility of happening but the hatters kinda died (no pun intended) about it

Oh another thing I forgot, I do think D-23 is the prime location to announce a rebrand of DHS. It's on foreign territory, they can explain it further than they would be able to in a blog post. I think rides and stuff is much easier to announce in a DPB post especially after the Guardians rebrand of ToT.

I can't lie...I would be in prime trolling mood if all that was announced was the demo of movie ride for Mickey Mouse omnimover and a rebrand to "Disney's Hollywood Adventure"...or some other garbage...

There was $3 bil in new work in Epcot all but guaranteed by those that bit on the hook with blogbait on it not more than 2-3 weeks ago...

I have low expectations but a tiny bit of faith it will come in over that bar.

That's a pretty fair list. I really have doubts that the tron coaster will be announced. I think it could happen, but I'm trying not to hype myself up too much and be disappointed.

I also think it's interesting you have the haunted mansion restaurant so high up. I think it has a decent possibility of happening but the hatters kinda died (no pun intended) about it

I could see a plan for tron but I don't know if they'd move on it in this climate...though it might "balance" the impending Star Wars crunch...as Epcot work would as well...

Restaurants are somewhat cheap to construct, shift crowds out of lines, feed a gift shop, and could be charged EXHORBINANT prices for that...think of what they might charge for a Halloween Uspell there?

If anyone catches wind of live streams please post them! I will be at work all weekend needing the entertainment! If anyone else is live tweeting let me know so I can follow you! If you just want to follow me in general @ Gina_MC3

I could see a plan for tron but I don't know if they'd move on it in this climate...though it might "balance" the impending Star Wars crunch...as Epcot work would as well...

Restaurants are somewhat cheap to construct, shift crowds out of lines, feed a gift shop, and could be charged EXHORBINANT prices for that...think of what they might charge for a Halloween Uspell there?
It seems like it's randomly gained traction as of late, and maybe it's because it's gonna happen but they're unfortunately really bad at managing D23 as their announcement platform in my book. Which is disappointing but it could be more.

I love the mansion and would enjoy a restaurant immensely, I'm just curious 1. Where it would be precisely built and 2. What the price point would be. id think the skippers canteen with the latter

I can't lie...I would be in prime trolling mood if all that was announced was the demo of movie ride for Mickey Mouse omnimover and a rebrand to "Disney's Hollywood Adventure"...or some other garbage...

There was $3 bil in new work in Epcot all but guaranteed by those that bit on the hook with blogbait on it not more than 2-3 weeks ago...

Yes, expecting the worst, hoping for the best. I'll have the twitter feeds going while I play stellaris all weekend. I feel like no matter what, I can be happy with the outcome.

Every year I watch d23 reports, and every year there are maybe 2 new announcements for WDW. We'll get updates on toy story, star wars land. We'll probably get the Ratatouille announcement. Maybe some out of the blue thing for AK to push that it's a full day park now. Anything else would be gravy. I suspect a DHS name change would be held off until next year at least, maybe in conjunction with Toy Story opening.

Every year I watch d23 reports, and every year there are maybe 2 new announcements for WDW. We'll get updates on toy story, star wars land. We'll probably get the Ratatouille announcement. Maybe some out of the blue thing for AK to push that it's a full day park now. Anything else would be gravy. I suspect a DHS name change would be held off until next year at least, maybe in conjunction with Toy Story opening.

Yeah...

... that stuff you said...

It seems like it's randomly gained traction as of late, and maybe it's because it's gonna happen but they're unfortunately really bad at managing D23 as their announcement platform in my book. Which is disappointing but it could be more.

I love the mansion and would enjoy a restaurant immensely, I'm just curious 1. Where it would be precisely built and 2. What the price point would be. id think the skippers canteen with the latter

10 days ago there was NO WAY they weren't gonna build Brazil and put Christ of the Andes as the centerpiece with a donation bin to the Vatican legal defense fund underneath...

...so just some frame of reference on how these go...

I would argue though that because the next D23 isn't until RIGHT before the 50th we might get slightly more hints. Maybe not full blown verifies but I think we will definitely see some new rumors at least

Also what are the odds of hearing about our next Disney Princess?

I would argue though that because the next D23 isn't until RIGHT before the 50th we might get slightly more hints. Maybe not full blown verifies but I think we will definitely see some new rumors at least

Also what are the odds of hearing about our next Disney Princess?
Maybe...but I could see them giving us more right before the 50th to drum up excitement among the common Disney fan (which I would exclude most all of us on these boards as "common" Disney fans).
A new princess? Maybe we could get a prince or some other male role model. I've heard that complaint from lots of parents lately, and the pendulum seems to be swinging away from princesses, at least with the parents I work with.

I am excited to hear if they announce anything that we haven't heard rumors about yet.

Maybe...but I could see them giving us more right before the 50th to drum up excitement among the common Disney fan (which I would exclude most all of us on these boards as "common" Disney fans).
A new princess? Maybe we could get a prince or some other male role model. I've heard that complaint from lots of parents lately, and the pendulum seems to be swinging away from princesses, at least with the parents I work with.

I am excited to hear if they announce anything that we haven't heard rumors about yet.

well to that end we already have a male role model slated in Gigantic (I literally almost wrote ginormous for some reason) That looks good and same with Coco has a male lead. We also are getting sequels to movies with male leads such as WIR2 and Toy Story 4. Incredibles 2 is even mostly male dominated. Those are just off the top of my head
We only have 4-5 Female led movies for the next 4 years and thats Mulan (remake) Mary Poppins Returns (sequel) and A Wrinkle in Time (which is ensamble but mainly female) Captain Marvel, and of course Frozen 2 (sequel). Thats it. So this is for movies beyond 2020 I would expect a new princess by then right? Then again that might be another 2019 reveal. So for the most part, we are still getting mostly male dominated content for the next 4 years.

Edit: I forgot star wars is female led as well but I still feel like the one female to the 50 men in the movie isn't exactly the same level of empowerment. I agree we need more male led in the animated sector but to be honest we aren't getting a lot of females for awhile.

well to that end we already have a male role model slated in Gigantic (I literally almost wrote ginormous for some reason) That looks good and same with Coco has a male lead. We also are getting sequels to movies with male leads such as WIR2 and Toy Story 4. Incredibles 2 is even mostly male dominated. Those are just off the top of my head
We only have 4-5 Female led movies for the next 4 years and thats Mulan (remake) Mary Poppins Returns (sequel) and A Wrinkle in Time (which is ensamble but mainly female) Captain Marvel, and of course Frozen 2 (sequel). Thats it. So this is for movies beyond 2020 I would expect a new princess by then right? Then again that might be another 2019 reveal. So for the most part, we are still getting mostly male dominated content for the next 4 years.
True, but Gigantic is fantasy (I get all princess movies could be fantasy), WIR is a video game character (fantasy), and TS is again fantasy. I will give you Coco. Kinda stoked for that one.

True, but Gigantic is fantasy (I get all princess movies could be fantasy), WIR is a video game character (fantasy), and TS is again fantasy. I will give you Coco. Kinda stoked for that one.

True but I guess I was thinking of it from a who is making it (disney animation) perspective and Animation in general (including pixar). Gigantic is a fantasy and I think we need more male dominated fantasy. Fantasy is the go to genre for Disney Animation movies. We havent really had those since Tarzan-Hercules-Jim-Milo era. Wreck it Ralph being the exception. From that standpoint Gigantic is definitely a breath of fresh air after so many princesses. My hope would be that we get a new Pixar princess ala Brave.

Edit: I also think it is important to note that while fantasy, Gigantic includes a human young boy which has definitely been overdue from Disney Animation.

The excitement is building! I'm not even going and I'm excited for everything happening from parks, to films and much much more!
there has to be like a watch party of some sort near us right?? I have no idea how far into your state you are but I assume close enough to civilization (otherwise known as the Chicagoland area) haha

I should add this is my first D23 experience and I have no idea how important it is to people...clearly because the longer I think about it the more a watch party might sound silly

there has to be like a watch party of some sort near us right?? I have no idea how far into your state you are but I assume close enough to civilization (otherwise known as the Chicagoland area) haha

I should add this is my first D23 experience and I have no idea how important it is to people...clearly because the longer I think about it the more a watch party might sound silly
I'm not too far away from the Chicagoland area but I will be following all social media during this event. People are let in for a sneak peek in a couple minutes!

That would actually be pretty cool if they did like closed-circuit for the big panels and had watch parties in various cities

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter