Official 2017 D23 Expo Thread

Well, if Christmas was just telling you what toys you were going to get 6 monhts from now .... maybe it is more like when the Toys R Us Christmas catalog shows up ;)

Bah ha ha, good point! I consider the "promise" of something new a gift....just nice to see less stagnation...hopefully!

My man (@rteetz )...

Why don't you do a ranking of likelihood of announcements...i.e. The most likely to actually be confirmed and the least likely...of this several weeks of stuff flying?

Could be a fun discussion point to get over the line and then check back to see how accurate we are/how that compares to the boardroom's plans?
I made a list of possible announcements on the first page. You can use that as part of that discussion point.

I'll clean this up...
Most likely to least:

1. Tie...Great Movie Ride/Ratatuoille Add (permits are just below on the list of reliability than heavy construction equipment)
2. Haunted Mansion Restaurant
3. Guardians Overlay in Epcot
4. Tron cycle (this one's rising)...as a replacement to speedway
5. New illuminations
6. Gondola (actual announcement...it's probably a certainty but I think they'll time it with dvc sales)
7. Inside out in imagination
8. Mexico/U.K. Ride changes or additions (lump all other Epcot pavilions there)
9. Dvc additions (poly, GF, Contemp 2.0...) highly unlikely but a near certainty in 10 years or less.
10. Spaceship redesign/mission space changes

Last: Brazil pavilion

I added what I think is likely, very likely, and unlikely on there. The rest of you can decide what you think unless you want some sort of rating system.

any chance we could do a pool with the winner getting 100 bonus "likes" to their account or something? ;)

Bonus points if you pick something deemed "unlikely" and then it turns out to happen

I wonder if they might just announce a general "we are doing a large upgrade to EPCOT" in general that will include mention up changing the entrance, etc. (project Spine or whatever that is)

I'll clean this up...
Most likely to least:

1. Tie...Great Movie Ride/Ratatuoille Add (permits are just below on the list of reliability than heavy construction equipment)
2. Haunted Mansion Restaurant
3. Guardians Overlay in Epcot
4. Tron cycle (this one's rising)...as a replacement to speedway
5. New illuminations
6. Gondola (actual announcement...it's probably a certainty but I think they'll time it with dvc sales)
7. Inside out in imagination
8. Mexico/U.K. Ride changes or additions (lump all other Epcot pavilions there)
9. Dvc additions (poly, GF, Contemp 2.0...) highly unlikely but a near certainty in 10 years or less.
10. Spaceship redesign/mission space changes

Last: Brazil pavilion

You seem quite certain on the haunted mansion restaurant then?

any chance we could do a pool with the winner getting 100 bonus "likes" to their account or something? ;)

Bonus points if you pick something deemed "unlikely" and then it turns out to happen

Someone could design a picture/gif/sticker whatever you want to call it for the person's signature. On the Restaurants board they give out "Golden Spoon" awards...

I think it's a relatively low cost way to service attendance/overcrowding issues

Personally I'd love it, theme wise and additional food option wise. Sadly I think it's too sensible.

My thoughts are 2 to 3 of the following options, in no particular order:

1. Generic tease of looking toward the 50th. What I mean by this is nothing specific mentioned, just general improvements around Future World that can be pivoted at any point.
2. Ellen to Guardians
3. Tron
4. GMR to Mickey (segue from updates about TSL/SW
5. Illuminations update
6. Rebrand/rename of DHS to something else

But I don't think WDW is gonna get as much announcement love as others expect. Paris just had a full buyout. Disneyland is ahead on Star Wars and they can have a larger Marvel infusion in the pipeline. Not to mention the conference is held in SoCal so you're already on friendly territory there. Just my 2c. I'm hoping that I'm completely wrong but I am not gonna get my hopes up. Edits in italics

Last edited:
Personally I'd love it, theme wise and additional food option wise. Sadly I think it's too sensible.

My thoughts are 2 to 3 of the following options, in no particular order:

1. Generic tease of looking toward the 50th. What I mean by this is nothing specific mentioned, just general improvements around Future World that can be pivoted at any point.
2. Ellen to Guardians
3. Tron
4. GMR to Mickey (segue from updates about TSL/SW
5. Illuminations update

But I don't think WDW is gonna get as much announcement love as others expect. Paris just had a full buyout. Disneyland is ahead on Star Wars and they can have a larger Marvel infusion in the pipeline. Not to mention the conference is held in SoCal so you're already on friendly territory there. Just my 2c. I'm hoping that I'm completely wrong but I am not gonna get my hopes up.

I wholeheartedly agree with the last paragraph...

Even 2 years ago when people were prepared to send the deeds to their houses as a "THANK YOU, MASTER!!!" For what was unveiled...

At the end of the day it's not gonna add THAT much...just a scrape and rebuild of mgm that was not serving its original purpose since day 1.

Don't think the water management permit for the France pavilion filed has weight? I think that's the most sure thing...no timeframe though.

Excellent points on Paris...nobody pays that any mind when Orlando rumors are discussed here...they're chained to the ankles now.

I wholeheartedly agree with the last paragraph...

Even 2 years ago when people were prepared to send the deeds to their houses as a "THANK YOU, MASTER!!!" For what was unveiled...

At the end of the day it's not gonna add THAT much...just a scrape and rebuild of mgm that was not serving its original purpose since day 1.

Don't think the water management permit for the France pavilion filed has weight? I think that's the most sure thing...no timeframe though.

Excellent points on Paris...nobody pays that any mind when Orlando rumors are discussed here...they're chained to the ankles now.

Oh another thing I forgot, I do think D-23 is the prime location to announce a rebrand of DHS. It's on foreign territory, they can explain it further than they would be able to in a blog post. I think rides and stuff is much easier to announce in a DPB post especially after the Guardians rebrand of ToT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter