Oct 30 and Nov 3, 2011 - B2B Dream- Viva La Nanahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone,

Hope everyone had a good weekend and Happy Easter.

I never had to secure my FE before, nobody has ever bothered mine.
Our names are on it, maybe thats why.

I know some times door signs have been taken, especially at night but again nobody has ever bothered mine, Maybe they wernt good enough to take:lmao: Having no artisitc talent pays off sometimes:thumbsup2

One special sign I did bring in at night and put back out the next day, just because I wanted it for my scrapbook.

Another rainy spring day here. Hope we have a few sun breaks so I can walk my dogs. Both have gotton too fat over the winter when we couldnt walk as much. So I am trying to get some pounds off them. They hate to walk in the rain, so i need a sun break to get them out.

Have a great monday everyone,

Kathy

We are getting more rain as well! UGH! They are talking possible flooding similar to what happened in Nashville a year ago. Praying that it doesn't!

I went to Target earlier and found a cute FE gift for girls! My oldest saw it and pointed it out, and I got several!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Wow! Where is everyone today? Sorry to hear about all the rain. We have been so sun-deprived, I almost didn't recognize it when I saw it for the second day in a row. We got out on bikes and got to the playground. Tomorrow is back to rain and 40s, though. :mad:

Only 12 more days until I get to make my ADRs at WDW. I am excited. New restaurants I am thinking of trying:
Yak and Yeti
Ohana (breakfast)
Earl of Sandwich

Old favorites:
Biergarten
Plaza Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe

I feel hungry just thinking about it. Sweet dreams, all.

Sarah

Back to work after a 4 day long week-end. Sometimes I think it's worse when you get extra time off because it makes it harder to go back. :surfweb:

We didn't secure our FE last cruise either and had no problems. To me, using a ziptie is more hassle than it's worth. I think people are more likely to take the FE gifts than the actual extender.

We are staying at WDW for a couple of days, too. It will be my first visit, so I feel so overwhelmed! We will be making a couple of ADRs, but since we are DVC owners, I want this to be more of a discovery and we'll be back, so I am trying not to stress over it all.

I'm taking the girls to school in a few, and I hope to get a nap in today. We had tornado warnings all around us last night, but nothing but lots of rain and lightning here. Tonight is supposed to be more of the same, so I need sleep now! I grew up in Oklahoma and tornadoes get my attention especially at night! Dale got a good dose of them when we lived there during his final years of his BA. The Mississippi River is supposed to crest at 10' over flood stage, so it will get hairy in lots of places, but we should be fine.

Hope everyone else has a good week!

Princess Sleepy, how is the Beirgarten? I've always wanted to try it but I'm afraid my family of relatively picky eaters might not enjoy it. It looks like a fun place to eat.

We'll be staying the day before and the day after the cruise. Staying at port the day before but then heading to OKW for our day after. We're still trying to decide where we'll eat on that Thursday evening. Looking forward to checking out Harry Potter at IOA on that Thursday as well. I know it would have been better to plan a park day before the cruise but it just didn't work out in the schedule. We've only got a hair over 6 months to go!!!

Sarah,
Earl of Sandwich is very good but they are also very busy. Try to hit it at an off hour if you can.
We have also been to the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Very yummy there too. You wont be disappointed if you eat there.

Still pouring rain today. They say no rain over the weekend but I wont believe it until I see it.;)

Have a great day everyone,
Kathy

Princess Sleepy, how is the Beirgarten? I've always wanted to try it but I'm afraid my family of relatively picky eaters might not enjoy it. It looks like a fun place to eat.

We'll be staying the day before and the day after the cruise. Staying at port the day before but then heading to OKW for our day after. We're still trying to decide where we'll eat on that Thursday evening. Looking forward to checking out Harry Potter at IOA on that Thursday as well. I know it would have been better to plan a park day before the cruise but it just didn't work out in the schedule. We've only got a hair over 6 months to go!!!

Beirgarten is actually one of our favorite restaurants...even for our 6 year old. They have some pretty good German food, and a few standby's for the kiddos and picky eaters too. The atmosphere is great...and the entertainment is a lot of fun! It is a great place!

We love IOA, Universal too. Just got our annual passes about 6 weeks ago, and we have already been 8 times or so. The best part is Oct should be a lot slower, so less crowded!

Stephanie

I sure hope it's less crowded. Sounds like it's terrible there right now. Huge waits and really hot. Everything I've read for crowd levels at the end of October early November seem to be good. Park hours are not as long but that's usually a good indication it's a slower time of year. Won't matter either way because that's when we'll be there and we'll make the best of the situation no matter what:)

We've found that Biergarten has something for everyone. I am not a huge fan of German food (German heritage not withstanding) but I really enjoy the food there, especially the potato soup and the pretzel rolls. They do a good chicken schnitzel too. My husband loves the beer! :lmao: The entertainment makes it worth it for all the kids too. We will be celebrating DD's 8th birthday there this time around.

Hope everyone is doing well sorry i havent been on in awhile lots of things going on here with tornados and easter and then i had a allergic rection and then my mother had to go into the hospital things have been crazy but im checking in. Hope everyone is well, wish the rain wasnt happening everyday. On a bright note i went into walgreens today to buy a water before going to my first zumba class which by the way i loved it, but anyways while in there I found a Mickey cookie cutter with pixie dust and blue and pink frosting for really great deal so i was so excited i got one for my MIL and SIL i am excited to make cookies in the shape of mickey for the drive down. Is it October yet?? :):):):):)

Morning everyone,

I have metal Mickey cookie cutters too. I like to set them on the hot griddle and cook an egg in them sometimes to pour pancake batter in them. I have also used it to cut out Mickey shaped jello for the grandkids.
I have set it on top of a frosted cake and put jimmies or sprinkles inside the cutter so when its removed its got a Mickey shaped decoration too.
You can have alot of fun with those cookie cutters.

Still raining here but looks like it will clear up this weekend. YEAH!!

Catch everyone later,

Kathy

I sure hope it's less crowded. Sounds like it's terrible there right now. Huge waits and really hot. Everything I've read for crowd levels at the end of October early November seem to be good. Park hours are not as long but that's usually a good indication it's a slower time of year. Won't matter either way because that's when we'll be there and we'll make the best of the situation no matter what:)

Even though we are local in the Orlando area, we did a staycation for spring break, and we went to Sea World and Universal/IOA. My brother actually gifted us 2 free nights at the Renaissance Hotel by Sea World, so we used that and spent time in the parks. It was crowded, but the crowds were managed fairly well...for WWoHP, they gave out return time tickets which is when your group could come back to enter the area. The wait time for Forbidden Journey was almost 2 hours the first time we did it, but the queue constantly moves. Even DD-age 6 did great in the queue. Single rider line is how we do it when it is busy now...less than 10 minutes or so, but you do miss a lot of the castle when you do that line. We knew we wouldn't get a lot done, but we were pleasantly surprised. We didn't enter the shops much that trip until the evening when most people had already been in WWoHP area. Crowds are almost non-existant leter in the day.

As a central Floridian for the last 15 years, a good rule of thumb to judge the crowds...if the majority of US schools are in session, it's a great time to visit WDW and other Orlando area attractions. We will be taking DD out of school for this cruise. Our school district has Mon 10/24 off...nothing off during the week of our cruise. We love visiting the theme parks in Jan, Feb, May, early June, late Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec-avoiding all holiday weeks. Favorite time in the parks is late Oct/early Nov-weather is perfect, crowds are slower. It should be great the day we get back from our cruise, and even that Friday.

Stephanie

I'm an excited mommy! DD (Kayla-age 6) was just asked to join the swim team near us. She has been doing great with swim class, and the aquatics manager in Celebration said it's time for Kay to join the team. Of course, round trip to/from practices will cost me $6.25-7.00 depending on gas prices. She can practice 2-5 times per week...I'm thinking 2 times with the team, and we can hit our neighborhood pool other times. Although, I am toying with starting to swim laps during her practice and look at doing a mini-triathalon in 2012.

Stephanie

Morning everyone,

I have metal Mickey cookie cutters too. I like to set them on the hot griddle and cook an egg in them sometimes to pour pancake batter in them. I have also used it to cut out Mickey shaped jello for the grandkids.
I have set it on top of a frosted cake and put jimmies or sprinkles inside the cutter so when its removed its got a Mickey shaped decoration too.
You can have alot of fun with those cookie cutters.

Still raining here but looks like it will clear up this weekend. YEAH!!

Catch everyone later,

Kathy

I have some too...love using to make rice krispie treats.

Stephanie

Sarah,
Earl of Sandwich is very good but they are also very busy. Try to hit it at an off hour if you can.
We have also been to the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Very yummy there too. You wont be disappointed if you eat there.

Still pouring rain today. They say no rain over the weekend but I wont believe it until I see it.;)

Have a great day everyone,
Kathy

We love Whispering Canyon Cafe! DH and I had our wedding dinner in that restaurant. We had a wedding with only family, so 25 of us went in our wedding best (my gown included!) and had dinner there. DH and I did the Hokey Pokey, and beat another couple celebrating their 45th anniversary in a kissing contest. It was so much fun, and the cast really had a lot of fun with us. It was perfect, especially since we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge that night, and we left on the Wonder the next morning. Our wedding rehearsal dinner was actually at Boma at DAK Lodge...another great restaurant!

Other great restaurants...Trails End at Ft. Wilderness, the Biergarten in Germany at Epcot, Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Resort, and Cape May Cafe at Disny's Beach Club Resort.

Stephanie

I think I may make a trip to Walgreens! LOL! We aren't going anywhere today. Tornado warnings the past two nights, and final test for school tomorrow. No sleep going on here!

I'm glad to see that crowds aren't too bad in early Nov. Doe that include Epcot? Food and Wine sounds like fun! I'm thinking we may hit it on Thursday after the cruise, and then stick to MK on Friday.

Getting close to making those ADRs!

Morning all:

I'm here in Colorado......beautiful sun but a bit chilly.....there was snow on the ground when I arrived yesterday morning...... It was warmer when I left Chicago, altho it was raining.

Will be back home monday afternoon.....will try a post somemore while here.

later

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter