Oct 30 and Nov 3, 2011 - B2B Dream- Viva La Nanahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, it's pouring down rain here. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I must admit, this weekend I started getting stuff we won't use until the cruise tossed into our suitcase. I want to make sure I have it all together so I don't forget anything. :)

The kids and I are getting more excited every day. We have a big dry erase board and the whole board is now a countdown calendar. :rotfl DD hounds me every day to make sure I keep the days counted correctly.

Hope everyone is doing well! I am happy to see that people are getting cheaper flights. As of right now, we are still planning on driving. DH loves to road trip and it still works out for us to drive instead of fly.

Welcome to all the new people I have missed lately... I've been slacking since DD has started summer rec sports and since it's been so nice out. I'm Morgan, I will be traveling with DH Adam, DD Aly, DS Matthias, and MIL Linda. This will be our first Disney cruise for everyone and all the adults have cruised before on other lines. We aren't really celebrating anything special on this cruise other than getting to go on the mickey boat while the kids are young enough to absolutely love every thing about it.

Kathy, I'm sorry I haven't been around much, don't whip me please! :banana:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! I will *try* to get on here more often to get to know you all. Also, we do have a Facebook Group added if anyone wants to join it please pm me here and I will get you into the group on Facebook.

Relief here this afternoon. Looks like we won't actually be getting 14 inches of snow. Maybe none at all. It's a good thing, because every time it snows I bake cookies and I need to start dropping pounds before the cruise.

Anyone have interesting plans for Easter? It seems like such a low key holiday compared to so many others, I am curious how others celebrate.

Evening

Ok, so I am waiting for Southwest to come out with their prices...they have them out for the trip out but not the trip back.....so I was playing around and just put in the week before we go it get an idea what they are charging for the flight back to chicago....not happy.....so now my question, should I not book right away and wait to see if the gas prices..airline prices go down, or just book??:confused3 I check with United and it was something like $870 round trip for 2....right now that what southwest is.....I think I may wait a little....:confused3

really a cold, grey rainy day here.....just yucky weather.....

have a good eveing
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Well its Raining and Storming here lately the weather has been pretty blah but today we had thunderstorms and hail and tornado warnings hope nothing comes of it and it passes today was 80 tomarrow back to the 50s i wish mothernature would make up her mind already.

Well its Raining and Storming here lately the weather has been pretty blah but today we had thunderstorms and hail and tornado warnings hope nothing comes of it and it passes today was 80 tomarrow back to the 50s i wish mothernature would make up her mind already.

Absolutely! We are south of you in west TN, but goodness, it is time to be done with this mess already!

As far as Easter, I am STILL trying to finish my test, so I think that will occupy some of my time this weekend. I think I will try to go to the library Saturday after we take the girls to an egg hunt.

I still can't make up my mind on what to do for the FE!

Evening

Ok, so I am waiting for Southwest to come out with their prices...they have them out for the trip out but not the trip back.....so I was playing around and just put in the week before we go it get an idea what they are charging for the flight back to chicago....not happy.....so now my question, should I not book right away and wait to see if the gas prices..airline prices go down, or just book??:confused3 I check with United and it was something like $870 round trip for 2....right now that what southwest is.....I think I may wait a little....:confused3

really a cold, grey rainy day here.....just yucky weather.....

have a good eveing

you could always do what I do, buy one way and if the prices come down use the credit for the return flight. SW lets you rebook the tickets on-line and gives you a credit (no extra cost to change). I just did the same thing with Jetblue. My tickets to NY went down $119 each, I was able to call them and bank that money and use it for my return tickets. So instead of it costing $1200 :scared1: it only cost $800 and I only had to pay an additional $200 out of pocket for my return flight.

Morning everyone,
nice sunny morning today and suppose to be 60 this afternoon but then it is suppose to rain all weekend. I guess all the Easter egg hunts will be inside this year, again. Oregon is terrible for rainy springs.

No Easter plans here this weekend. When the kids were home we did egg decorating, egg hunts, family dinner, some years church. Other places the Churches didnt fit us so we didnt go. This year will just be relaxing at home.

Have a great day everyone,

Kathy

I hear you! I change my mind every day. I want to make a decision. :confused:

Thankfully, we had talked about going on a Halloween cruise before Halloween last year. I got so many incredible Disney Halloween items for the kids (adults too) after Halloween last year and saved a ton of $$$. I figured they will make great classroom gifts for extra, or if for some reason we hadn't booked this cruise. I'm also crafty though, and mapping out some handmade gifts too...just haven't decided exactly what yet.

Stephanie

By the time we meet in person, I will have run 2 more half marathons-Disneyland 9/4, and Disney's Wine & Dine 10/1. Am I crazy, yep! Hopefully I can lose the last of the weight I want to before these races, and keep it off so I can enjoy our cruise even more.

By the time we meet in person, I will have run 2 more half marathons-Disneyland 9/4, and Disney's Wine & Dine 10/1. Am I crazy, yep! Hopefully I can lose the last of the weight I want to before these races, and keep it off so I can enjoy our cruise even more.

Good for you! It snowed here this morning after all, so I am eating cookies instead of running. :sad2: It's supposed to warm up this weekend, so maybe I can get back on track.

Yea, we were forecasted for 19C, but instead it is 8C cold and windy. Yuck!

PJ

It is storming here again tonight. Not much sleep last night with tornado warnings going off all around. It has been a rough spring, for sure! Thankfully we are fine. I have some friends that had a tree fall on their house last night. Saturated ground and high winds are NOT a good combination.

I have one more week before my test is due, so at least I am getting some of it done. Almost halfway there! Can't wait to be finished!!

It's cold, wet and rainy here today. It's so much harder to work when it's grey outside and there is no hint of sunshine.

I'm settling a little more each day on my FE plans.

I'm thinking of trying to book Palo for the Pirate night on our 4 night cruise. On our 7 night last year, the pirate menu was our least favourite menu.

Does anyone know if Palo has brunch on the 3 or 4 night cruises? And how hard it is to book?

Trisha, I live up by the Toronto Zoo, I almost lost my gym bag on the way to the gym tonight, and it was so windy and cooold.

Pj

It's cold, wet and rainy here today. It's so much harder to work when it's grey outside and there is no hint of sunshine.

I'm settling a little more each day on my FE plans.

I'm thinking of trying to book Palo for the Pirate night on our 4 night cruise. On our 7 night last year, the pirate menu was our least favourite menu.

Does anyone know if Palo has brunch on the 3 or 4 night cruises? And how hard it is to book?

Brunch is only available on the 4 night cruise during the day at sea. From what I have read even Gold member haven't been able to book lunch on-line but once you get on the ship you are able to book it.

Brunch is only available on the 4 night cruise during the day at sea. From what I have read even Gold member haven't been able to book lunch on-line but once you get on the ship you are able to book it.

thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in my plans then, and make sure I book my dinner and try for the brunch on the ship.

evening all....just popping in to say hello....nothing much is going on

cold and gray here also......I need some sun:)

Hi all. I have a spa question tonight. Are there parts of the spa that are free for everyone to use (like the sauna, etc.)? Is there any chance of getting massage appointments at 75 days out, maybe for the Nassau day since I assume the day at sea is very busy? Also, is there a price list somewhere for spa services? I'd really like to do massages with my sister-in-law, mother-in-law, aunt-in-law, and cousin-in-law, but I am worried that we won't have any times left by the time it is our turn to book. TIA.

Unfortunately no part of the spa is free, well except for the weighting area...and maybe the showers:confused3. I know on the Magic and Wonder you were able to use the Rainforest room if you got a spa service but on the Dream you have to pay extra for it even with a service. It's $16 a day. Not sure about the booking but I haven't heard of anyone having a issue getting an appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter