Oct 30 and Nov 3, 2011 - B2B Dream- Viva La Nanahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know on the Magic and Wonder there was a sauna in the shower room, never saw anyone use it. It would be free if there was a similar offering on the Dream.

But the enhanced saunas in the Rainforest room would not be free, Christine is correct on that. I have done the rainforest on the Magic, not really my cup of tea and I never had the chance to use the loungers, but I really like the idea of the loungers looking out over the sea on the Dream, I will definitely sign both DM and I for at least one day each.

Pj

Does anyone else like to read on a cruise? I have a Kobo ereader that I'll be bringing with me.

Already thinking about what I want to load to read on the cruises.....

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welome.
Kathy, I'll PM you our info today, my husband thought the FE sounds like a cute idea.

Denise, I've been to Oswego many times! We're in Midlothian, IL which is a southern suburbs of Chicago.

Dreams83 we're not too far from St. Louis In fact one of our family trips in the past few years was to St. Louis. We LOVE Fitz's Diner and root beer. My kids still ask when we're going back. We also had a blast letterboxing thru Frorest park!

So happy to hear that their will be lot's of munchkins around the same ages as my kids. DS will be 8 in May and DD 6 in June. They're really excited with the idea of the kids club, but I think they'll feel pretty overwhelmed one we arrive. I think it will realy help them be at ease to know some kids names ahead of time.

Can't wait for October!

Have a great weekend!

:banana: Welcome to all the new cruisers. :banana:

I have been MIA due to other commitments. (Kathy--did I send you info? Did not get a cruiser list.)

Fitz's ??
Letterboxing ??

We live in Indy. DH grew up in southern IL and is genetically a Cardinal's fan. I grew up in Upstate NY. We have previously lived in Upstate NY, Long Island, PA, Northwest IN (been to Oswego, IL--grew up near Oswego, NY in fact).

Jan :earsgirl:

Happy Friday!!!!

Off at noon today...came home and started cleaning...stripped beds and washed sheets...then did a load of towels and sheets that are Jacks bed..poor jack has urniary incontience...so he dribbles...so I had to shampoo carpet for the thrid time in 1 week....cleaned the dining room and kitchen, now all I have left is bathrooms, bedrooms and family room.....
did I mention, I love holidays and having family dinners...:lovestruc:rolleyes1

Cold, gray, rainy and just plain miserable here...perdicting more rain tonite and Sunday, I really need to get the lawn cut, cannot believe how long it is already...

have a good weekend everyone

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Nice grab on the airfare. We have our 1 way for $91.00 (+ extra leg room upgrade) each and now waiting on the return half to open on Jetblue.

I am hoping for some sales too, and I won't know my size until closer to the cruise. But I am shopping this weekend in Buffalo, since nothing from last year will stay on my bottom half, I can't hold them up all the time, I need my hands to do some work. I have attempted the sewing the waist band over on it's self, but it looks really odd. :)

PJ

:yay: :banana: WAY. TO. GO. PJ. :banana: :yay:

if you want to take things in, elastic threaded through the waist band eases the fabric into gathers instead of a pleat. Or take in the center back seam--turn it inside out, fold it on the seam and stitch the deepest seam allowance at the waist and taper it out as you go down. Cut away the excess fabric.

BUT

If you want new stuff, you CERTAINLY DESERVE new stuff so donate the old stuff and GO SHOPPING!

(I will need to watch your FB page for new photos in Sept and Oct aa I won't recognize you!)

:hug:
Jan

Does anyone else like to read on a cruise? I have a Kobo ereader that I'll be bringing with me.

Already thinking about what I want to load to read on the cruises.....

There was a thread in the cruise forum discussing good cruise reads. I will be bringing books (I am stubbornly still attached to actual books), but I am worried that I will get seasick reading them.

We are getting the house cleaned up so the Easter Bunny can hide eggs tomorrow night. We will dye eggs at my parents' tomorrow. I have about had it with this weather, though. It's cold, wet, gloomy, etc. I told my DH that I am just staying inside and eating soup and cookies until spring gets here. It may be July at this rate.

Relief here this afternoon. Looks like we won't actually be getting 14 inches of snow. Maybe none at all. It's a good thing, because every time it snows I bake cookies and I need to start dropping pounds before the cruise.

Anyone have interesting plans for Easter? It seems like such a low key holiday compared to so many others, I am curious how others celebrate.

Happy Easter !

We drove 10 hours yesterday to New Jersey to visit our kids. we stay with our married son, his wife and daughter. Our single son drops by as his schedule permits. We will go to church with them--for us Easter is Jesus. There will be a nice meal and good time with family too.

We think the food on DCL ships is great. We are not foodies, but find there is plenty of variety for those who like fancy and those who like normal.

Jan :earsgirl:

Good morning, all. It's another gray, blechhy day here, but there is the threat of sunshine later. I might shrivel up like a vampire if it actually comes out. :)

I got my FE gifts all settled in my head last night so I can start working on making them happen. It is a real relief. My DH just shook his head and told me to slow down on planning. He can't believe I've already started buying clothes for the girls too. I just patiently explained to him that it was easier to spread out the costs of outfitting us over six months, rather than buying it all in October. Ha!

We are off to dye eggs at my parents this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jan, I sent you a PM.
I had internet problems so if you sent me your info I didnt get it??

Did anyone else not get the list? I think I got everyone after all the problems which are still causing me some problems. So if you write and ask me questions,and I dont answer, then try again because it might be my internet acting up again:mad:

Morning all, another cold frosty morning here. Been busy organising a family reunion this summer so I havnt been posting much but I do read a little each day to keep up with whats happening.

Have a great Easter everyone,

Kathy

we we are about to max out this thread and start a new one, do you guys think we should separate it?

Max out a thread? what is the maximum allowed?

And separate into what port side and starboard guests? :rotfl:

Once there was a cruise meet thread that ended up being over 70,000 posts all in one thread (I was post 50,000 and have a button to celebrated it,:rotfl:) It would seem that it was slowing down the entire site any time one of us would open it, and that was every couple of seconds:scared1:.

So the powers that be found a solution, each thread would be a maximum 250 or so pages. That way when a thread was opened the server would only be acessing those 250 pages not 4000+pages. This way there would not be a entire site slow down, :banana:.

Pj

Then I would basically just start "thread part-2" then as I don't think there is a good way to separate this list except as only the Oct 30 and a new Nov 3rd list.

Happy Easter, Nanaheads (or whatever you might want to celebrate today). Spring arrived with sunrise and we had a lovely egg hunt, followed by a family run. We are headed over to my parents for Easter dinner, then my DDs desperately want to watch their new Tangled DVD. Looks like a fine day.

Just think, only a few more holidays to go before we are trick-or-treating on the Dream!

Our girls want to watch Tangled daily! I'm not quite sure why, but the love it! Hope you guys enjoy watching it.

We cannot wait to surprise the girls! Trick or treating is fun for them, so we are hoping it really make some memories!

Then I would basically just start "thread part-2" then as I don't think there is a good way to separate this list except as only the Oct 30 and a new Nov 3rd list.

yeah, that's what I was thinking, do one for the 30th and one for the 3rd.

I was reading we should zip tie our fish extenders to the fish so it won't be stolen. I was wondering how big a zip tie do we need and how do you remove it at the end of the cruise?

I was reading we should zip tie our fish extenders to the fish so it won't be stolen. I was wondering how big a zip tie do we need and how do you remove it at the end of the cruise?

I think the zip ties I have used were 7-8 inches long(which are plenty long.) Make sure when you secure the zip tie you don't pull it too tight because you need to be able to cut it off at the end of the cruise. I leave just enough room to get the blade of a small pair of scissors under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter