November/December 2016 discount code watch

11/12-11/19... last day in parks 11/18. I was trying to see if there was a reason given... but TP for at least a couple of those days updated the overall crowd level from 6 to 8. I am doing everything I can to minimize crowds, but I chose that week because it was supposed to be a low crowd week, and hearing that it's going to be at an 8 several of our days is kinda disheartening.

That's my week as well. I'm a newbie, so what's TP?

Is this crowd level just based on resort numbers, or park tickets sold?

]11/12-11/19... last day in parks 11/18. I was trying to see if there was a reason given... but TP for at least a couple of those days updated the overall crowd level from 6 to 8. I am doing everything I can to minimize crowds, but I chose that week because it was supposed to be a low crowd week, and hearing that it's going to be at an 8 several of our days is kinda disheartening.

No, please don't tell me that...
We also picked those dates based on low crowds!
What is going on?
Seems we can't catch a break. ☹

11/12-11/19... last day in parks 11/18. I was trying to see if there was a reason given... but TP for at least a couple of those days updated the overall crowd level from 6 to 8. I am doing everything I can to minimize crowds, but I chose that week because it was supposed to be a low crowd week, and hearing that it's going to be at an 8 several of our days is kinda disheartening.

Can you share the nov crowd calendar?

As best I can tell, they are blaming it on minor attractions being closed which increase wait times for other rides, and some people are also saying that staff reductions are taking a toll in diminished crowd management, more frequent repairs, etc. It's based on longer wait times for attractions being reported.

Sorry, I don't think it would be ethical for me to share the crowd calendar since it's a subscription-based service at TP - but you can find others for free if you Google. Apparently TP just pushed through an update yesterday for all dates after Aug 1.

Ugh..that's when we were planning on going as well and mainly for the lower crowds (week before is suppose to be busy with Vetrans Day, a race and Jersey week and the week after is Thanksgiving)

I wonder why they are anticipating higher crowds?

"Excluding Thanksgiving week, November will have low to moderate crowds. Early December crowd levels have increased with some 8s and 9s showing up at the Magic Kingdom." - TP

From what I'm reading, it just seems like they've mainly updated the crowd levels not because there will be more people in the parks, but because, due to ride closures and maintenance issues, lines for rides that are open will be longer. People are reporting things like HS feeling more crowded because so much is closed that it's squeezing everyone into fewer rides.

So it's more like crowd FEEL than actual numbers increase, if that makes sense?

Omg, what the fudge just happened to my November dates??? All of a sudden TP is sending me emails that all the crowd levels have gone up and now some of the overall crowd days are likean 8 where they used to be a 5 or 6... waaaaah.

I got an email about my dates in December too. They most be updating today. I'm not sure how accurate these changes are going to be considering the week I'm going is the last week before Christmas break starts. My thought process was that hopefully not as many parents would take their kids out of school right before Christmas break and I hope that thinking is correct because I liked my original crowd levels :)

"Excluding Thanksgiving week, November will have low to moderate crowds. Early December crowd levels have increased with some 8s and 9s showing up at the Magic Kingdom." - TP

I chose the 25-30. I figured 25-26 would be busy but was banking on the 27-30 being in the 5 range. :(

From what I'm reading, it just seems like they've mainly updated the crowd levels not because there will be more people in the parks, but because, due to ride closures and maintenance issues, lines for rides that are open will be longer. People are reporting things like HS feeling more crowded because so much is closed that it's squeezing everyone into fewer rides.

That does make sense and I am ok with anticipated longer ride wait times. I just didn't want body to body crowds where ever we went.

I'm going December 10th-18th & got a TP email too. Ugh. Nothing I can really do about it so I'm hoping for the best.

]11/12-11/19... last day in parks 11/18. I was trying to see if there was a reason given... but TP for at least a couple of those days updated the overall crowd level from 6 to 8. I am doing everything I can to minimize crowds, but I chose that week because it was supposed to be a low crowd week, and hearing that it's going to be at an 8 several of our days is kinda disheartening.
No, please don't tell me that...
We also picked those dates based on low crowds!
What is going on?
Come in July. Crowds are low right now. We just got back last week & it was comparable to our late January trip. Fall is the new summer at Disney World.

I disagree. We just got from a trip with all the HS closures, & HS didn't feel crowded. Crowds were low for our July trip this year. So if they're predicting high crowds for fall, it's due to people, not closures.

We were there the week before T-giving last year. Crowd calendars had predicted 7s and 8s (if I'm remembering correctly) and that was about right. The crowds increased every day we were there heading into T-giving.

I disagree. We just got from a trip with all the HS closures, & HS didn't feel crowded. Crowds were low for our July trip this year. So if they're predicting high crowds for fall, it's due to people, not closures.

It might just be that July was unusually low crowds this year. It may also just be that no one can predict WDW crowds anymore, that they've thrown enough curveballs that everyone's going to have to start from scratch on their models. LOL. But with no new events on the schedule, it's hard to imagine more people than predicted a week ago.

Also, I saw a post from Steve at TP where he said that a major factor behind the change was the wait times on attractions going up about 10 min on average for headliners.

So given all this, and someone on the November 2016 thread reporting that a lot seemed to be sold out, and that a couple of conventions had apparently booked up large blocks of rooms, I'm starting to think that there may not be a RO discount coming out for November. Nothing I can see is speaking to low crowds, where they would need to entice more people to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter