November/December 2016 discount code watch

I got an email about my dates in December too. They most be updating today. I'm not sure how accurate these changes are going to be considering the week I'm going is the last week before Christmas break starts. My thought process was that hopefully not as many parents would take their kids out of school right before Christmas break and I hope that thinking is correct because I liked my original crowd levels :)

We went during this week in 2013. It was fabulous! The longest wait time we had was 20 minutes; even that was a rare. The weather was great and felt in the "spirit of Christmas" when we arrived home!

So, I just got a PIN code. I was so excited until I saw the dates that are the exact same as the promo out right now.:sad2:

Wait! Wait! I have a new theory! Disney will release discounts at the beginning of Aug for Nov-Feb instead of just a "late fall", they'll do something snazzy and new (thinking of the bizarre new summer discounts that came out - one QS meal, the BB8 MB, etc) and/or a Modified Stay-Play-Dine!

(Ok, this is my selfish plan - we're going in Feb and I really want Feb discounts to come out before the end of September or later, but I still think it's a good conspiracy theory!)

UGH! We are staying November 11-20 because of a conference. So we're dealing with the last weekend for the Food & Wine festival, Dapper Day, the start of Thanksgiving crowds, conferences and perhaps no room discount AND the airfare is ridiculous. I could really use some Disney magic about now!

So is there some sort of conference around November 11 in or around the Orlando area? Will this impact the crowds at Coronado Springs over the weekend of November 11?

This thread grew 3 pages since this morning so I panicked thinking I missed the discount :scared:
That stinks about crowd calendars jumping so much. Our trip in September last was predicted as 2s-4s on TP with one 6 at MK, but ended up being 7s,8s, and even a 9. That was my first time using TPs and probably my last. October was much nicer crowd wise, but that may have been helped by the lack of kids.
We are sticking with October again this year for the family trip, but I'm a little nervous as nearly all the rooms are sold out (for a family of 5). Still hoping for a discount for the Poly for early December.

Last edited:
I could deal with paying rack if we have to. It's the jump in the crowd calculator that really bothers me. I hate walking amongst the lemmings.

Couldn't agree more! I'm going November 12-19 and I'm scared that it will be unbearable! Last year I went during the end of September and it was only bad at the Halloween party. That's what I'm hoping happens this year with it only being bad at the Christmas party.

You know that you (as well as everyone else) are one of those "lemmings", right?
No. Lemmings are the ones who just shoW up without a plan and walk aimlessly. We on the other hand, book our ADRS at 180 days out @ 7am, stalk Southwest months before the fares are published, research all of the new restaurants, know that the new Soarin' film was in place and running on a date certain, know that you can only see the 7 dwarfs at the parties, set up online check in, room requests for specific room numbers, know the best places to stand for fireworks and parades.

We are not lemmings, we are leaders

You know that you (as well as everyone else) are one of those "lemmings", right?
Exactly. "I don't want to walk amongst all those people, I've got an idea! I'll go when those people won't be there. I'll let the thousands go during the peak season, haha! I'm so smart. Surely no one else will have the same thoughts as me and the park will only have old, empty nest couples that want to sit in their hotel room all trip."

I'm new to this board, is the hive mentality here: "I want it to be perfect for me at all times, regardless of how it affects others."?

Exactly. "I don't want to walk amongst all those people, I've got an idea! I'll go when those people won't be there. I'll let the thousands go during the peak season, haha! I'm so smart. Surely no one else will have the same thoughts as me and the park will only have old, empty nest couples that want to sit in their hotel room all trip."

I'm new to this board, is the hive mentality here: "I want it to be perfect for me at all times, regardless of how it affects others."?

Who are you again? Try and read back into the more recent pages of this thread and you'll catch the vibe.

No. Lemmings are the ones who just shoW up without a plan and walk aimlessly. We on the other hand, book our ADRS at 180 days out @ 7am, stalk Southwest months before the fares are published, research all of the new restaurants, know that the new Soarin' film was in place and running on a date certain, know that you can only see the 7 dwarfs at the parties, set up online check in, room requests for specific room numbers, know the best places to stand for fireworks and parades.

We are not lemmings, we are leaders
Well, you didn't have that great of an anti-crowd plan if you're going to end up getting caught up amongst the crowds you hate, did you? That seems to be the case with the updated crowd predictions. Someone who does a lot of Disney research should know that fall/early winter is gradually becoming WDWs busiest time of year.

Do you really think Walt Disney intended his parks to be only for uber-planning types who spend their time "stalking" airlines, researching the parks endlessly, & congratulating themselves on their status as "leaders"? Leaders of what? Likely nothing in real life.

Sorry if that's harsh, but so is describing the thousands of nice people & families who attend Disney World as "lemmings".

Last edited:
I could deal with paying rack if we have to. It's the jump in the crowd calculator that really bothers me. I hate walking amongst the lemmings.

Maybe everyone else hoping for a discount will cancel if we don't get one. Then it will just be us :) I'm willing to pay rack rates for a less crowded park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter