Next DVC: will anyone else wait to buy?

Me too! I was very disappointed when my paperwork arrived and there was no AKV lithograph in the box. I didn't really need another generic DVC tote bag but would have loved a print of AKV to hang on the wall.

Do you think it's too late? I've been thinking (hoping) it could happen in the future.

As far as the canvas tote. I've given some away filled with presents and some families have gotten 2 because they were very appreciative. We had extras because we each got one on the Members Cruise...but yes, a print would have been welcomed much more than the tote in THIS house.

Bobbi:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Yep! Seriously shafted by purchasing early.

We purchased because we needed more points for our reunion. I took the developer points INSTEAD of the $8 off. Now people are getting both!:confused3

Also my reunion was in June and we stayed into July. Again not fair because the people that purchased early cant stay until September 1 while those that get the bigger incentive also have the option to stay prior to September. If it wasnt for a paperwork delay, I would have been in the same boat.

In the past, the earlier you purchased the better deal you received. I will wait next time.

:thumbsup2 Yep! Seriously shafted by purchasing early.

We purchased because we needed more points for our reunion. I took the developer points INSTEAD of the $8 off. Now people are getting both!:confused3

Also my reunion was in June and we stayed into July. Again not fair because the people that purchased early cant stay until September 1 while those that get the bigger incentive also have the option to stay prior to September. If it wasnt for a paperwork delay, I would have been in the same boat.

In the past, the earlier you purchased the better deal you received. I will wait next time.

It is my understanding that you can pick either the developers points OR the $8 off per point.

if the next one is the CR - I won't wait. If in fact it is only 300 to 400 units - probably 350 - then it will sell out fast.

BCV sold in less than 18 months.

would expect CR to do the same.

not if it 800 units then yea we have time and the prices might go down. Maybe?

I think this is due to DVC not selling enough to current DVC members at AKV. Although I think someone say they meet their goal?

We are waiting for the strongly rumored 50 DVC units at the Grand Californian at Disneyland Resort. We will not wait to purchase there, since waiting may mean that you get nothing, as they will sell quickly. (within a few months) They will not have to add incentives (unfortunately) since it will be the only game in town.

I agree- when a Disneyland DVC comes on board, I'll calling on the first day, right when the phone lines open.

Of course we would also be interested in the non rumored Polynesian Villas... :smokin:

MG

LOL

I told dh the other day that I'd sell the others for Polynesian Villas. Probably though, by the time it happens (if it ever does) our kids will have to wheel us down from the old folks' home to see it.

I'm saving up for the Grand Californian. If they ever announce that we will be buying on day one (I hope). We rotate between Anaheim and Orlando so I only need enough points for an Every Other Year stay. That combined with fewer number of nights needed at DLR, I think GCV should be fairly affordable. As long as they don't go crazy on the point requirements, I think 50 ro 60 points will suit us nicely.

I'd be eager for something more convenient for us Left-Coasters, either GCV or something off-site (something like Vero but on the Pacific would be dreamy.) Whether or not I'd buy right away would probably depend on a number of things, the most important being the size of the resort.

If they do do a GCV, would it definitely be only about 50 units?

Julie in WA

With each of our DVC purchases (original, plus 2 different add-ons), we bought right at the beginning, as soon as they were offered for sale. Now that I'm reading about the double-developer points, if (and when) we do another add-on at a new DVC resort, I don't think that we'll be in the vanguard again. :sad2:
While we are delighted to have AKV, it seems it would have been a better deal if we had waited a while. Does anyone else feel that we "early-birds" might have gotten the "worms", but the "Johnny-come-latelys" got extra vacations? :confused3
e only

You do get double points but they are in leu of 10.00 off per point. They do not give both and they are only good from the time you purchase 7 months out. I am adding on but will get my 10.00 off. It makes more sense in the long term. If you choose the double bonus you will pay full price for your points.

e only

You do get double points but they are in leu of 10.00 off per point. They do not give both and they are only good from the time you purchase 7 months out. I am adding on but will get my 10.00 off. It makes more sense in the long term. If you choose the double bonus you will pay full price for your points.

With AKV, it was only $8 off, and now the double developer points can be used over 12 months, not 7. :thumbsup2
As I said, I am thrilled to own AKV (especially with an upcoming CL week in January :yay: :yay: ). I guess it bothers me that the options for purchase have changed in a few months; I could understand it better if Kidani had been finished and TPTB wanted to wrap it up in order to begin selling the next DVC. But AKV's villas haven't even been completed in Jambo and according to reports on these boards, it's selling very well, so why the "switcheroo"?:confused3

With AKV, it was only $8 off, and now the double developer points can be used over 12 months, not 7. :thumbsup2
As I said, I am thrilled to own AKV (especially with an upcoming CL week in January :yay: :yay: ). I guess it bothers me that the options for purchase have changed in a few months; I could understand it better if Kidani had been finished and TPTB wanted to wrap it up in order to begin selling the next DVC. But AKV's villas haven't even been completed in Jambo and according to reports on these boards, it's selling very well, so why the "switcheroo"?:confused3

At SSR my guide said the other. That is better for you then if you are buying at OKW

What is better? The double DPs, or the discount? :confused3

I think it depends on the person. In the long hall, I think that it is better to take the dollars off per point then to take the double points and use them for one year and that's it. We are financing the additional points and it did not make sence for us in the bottom line. I thought the double points would go fast but infact they started offering these double points I believe in June and it is still going on. i think a lot of people are taking the dollars off versus the double points.

I think it depends on the person. In the long hall, I think that it is better to take the dollars off per point then to take the double points and use them for one year and that's it. We are financing the additional points and it did not make sence for us in the bottom line. I thought the double points would go fast but infact they started offering these double points I believe in June and it is still going on. i think a lot of people are taking the dollars off versus the double points.

I have thought the complete opposite. for 100 points you are looking at $10,400 or $9600. TO me....whats the difference?

With the 200 developer points you are getting at LEAST $2000 dollars worth of points.

Its pretty close if it was 1-1 points and developer. That would be a toss up depending on your travel ability. But 1 for 2 thats not even close to even

I have thought the complete opposite. for 100 points you are looking at $10,400 or $9600. TO me....whats the difference?

With the 200 developer points you are getting at LEAST $2000 dollars worth of points.

Its pretty close if it was 1-1 points and developer. That would be a toss up depending on your travel ability. But 1 for 2 thats not even close to even

Well because you get double points for one year like you had said. In my case I had to use them in 7 months. Versus getting $8.00 per point off for 56 years I think that is what it is. You do not get double points every use year. One time only. I would rather save the 8.00 per point for 56 years(again if that is right) I beleive 56 years. then get it for one time and pay more money for each point every year.

However, there is a COST to that $2,000 worth of points. You have to go USE them which means airfare or gas, food, etc..... It's not like Disney paid the cost of your vacation.

It's a win win for them. They get you to spend MORE money on the points you are buying and MORE money on the points you use. (If you can actually use them. I wonder how many will go "to waste" on this program)

However, there is a COST to that $2,000 worth of points. You have to go USE them which means airfare or gas, food, etc..... It's not like Disney paid the cost of your vacation.

It's a win win for them. They get you to spend MORE money on the points you are buying and MORE money on the points you use. (If you can actually use them. I wonder how many will go "to waste" on this program)

True true!!!

yep totally agree. I wouldnt doubt if many people just use the majority of the 200 and if they lose a few points here and there. I bet a bunch just chalk up a few lost points to "oh well they are freebies anyway"

The discount for AKV was $8, just as it is now. We opted for the discount vs. matching developer points, since it seemed to be a good deal and you had only 7 months for their use. Now I've read where not only are they double, but you have 12 months in which to use them! IMNSHO, THAT'S a much better deal! :mad:

At this point, I don't anticipate buying CRV, BUT if the POLY DVC materializes................:rolleyes1

You do have 7 months to us them at ssr or okv. The op said it was 12 months at okw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter