New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

Spending most of April in Boston for work to re-open our store on Newberry. Cant wait to see all the cure disney-loving Boston guys. :cool1:

Hi all…Disney fan from San Francisco. 51, single, loving life and always happy to meet more DL/WDW fans.
Having trouble attaching a photo but will figure it out in a bit...

Hey everyone! Vito here, still pretty new to these boards!

My user name is Italian..and my first name

I currently live in Naples Florida, before that was Tampa for 9 months, and before that was Minneapolis for about 8 years, lastly before that was Omaha Nebraska where I was born an raised.

I am 40 years old and single.

Been going to Disney since the early 80s many times with my family on trips and only universal once. I get lost in the atmosphere of Disney and love looking at all the small details of the parks and always want to know how everything works. Knowing how the magic works is something I love to learn about, and it never ruins the magic for me!

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom (used to be Epcot..but a very close second)
Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion all the way!
Favorite Ride Queue: Tower of Terror
Favorite Prince: none of them seem to be rather noteworthy, Does Jack Skellington count?
Favorite Princess: Recently changed to Anna and Elsa (but before didn't have a preference)
Favorite Villain: Jafar
Favorite Place to rest with a drink: Italy in Epcot (gotta have the wine!)
Favorite Ride that has been removed: Journey into Imagination (original)...but you can put Alien Encounter here as well as a close second.
Favorite resort that I have stayed at: Grand Floridian
Favorite resort I wish to stay at: Polynesian
Favorite Disney Snack: Pineapple dole whip float
Favorite side activity: Sorcerers of the magic kingdom

Ok there ya go...and a few pictures

fa6f398c-2bb5-4abf-ba45-044763fedade_zps241ad536.jpg

Love me some figment! cant wait for the comic book series by marvel!

e350626f-b239-4b63-87c7-9edccb87a36c_zps5c520ac5.jpg

Retro piture from the mid to late 80s I believe. Yes that me with a disc camera near the Canada Pavilion at Epcot.

-Vito

Hi! I'm Emily. I'm a married mother of one DS age 6, a classically trained singer and part-time social media/comic convention agent living in MN. My fav park is the MK, favorite Dis movie is Peter Pan, favorite princess is Merida, favorite prince is Flynn Rider, Favorite character is Captain Hook and favorite villain, also, Captain Hook. (Hint: I really like Captain Hook.)

Let's see, other pertinent facts, I'm bi/pan, genderqueerish depending on the phase of the moon etc, my son and I are both ASD, and my DH, DS and VGF-owning sis, are looking forward to our first DVC stay this coming Feb 2-10! It will be my sixth visit to WDW, DH's fifth, DS's second and I have no idea how many times my sister has been to WDW. I think she might have residency now.

Anyway I'd love to post a pic but as this my first post on the DIS, you'll all just have to wait for the hotness, I guess.

Name: John (I apologize if the pictures are too big, btw, I did my best to size them in the Bucket)

Username explanation: I wanted a slightly more obscure Disney character and I couldn't decide between Quasimodo and Marahute. I also really like cookie dough ice cream (I think I single-handedly keep my Freddys stocking it...), so it made sense to me!

Where I Live: Portland, Oregon! (I see rosiep and RENT are from there too? If so, I'm not saying a DISmeet is in order...but...any excuse to visit Niklaus' is a good excuse, amirite?)

Marital status: Fianceed! He liked it so he put a ring on it!

A moment to talk about DH Darren: Mr. Toad is his favorite ride, He's a fabulous yet uncoordinated human being, and he likes cinnamon bun ice cream and Cinnabons. Since we're planning a WDW Honeymoon, he suggested I join a board to look for discounts and get tips. He has a fascination with planning the itinerary so we never have to wait in lines. We'll see, say I.

If there's interest (and even if there's not), I'm probably going to post a wedding planning thread here since it's a big fabulous queer wedding and who doesn't want to hear about that? I'm an Aries as well, so I believe my life is super important and sometimes I just talk and talk, even after people have stopped listening.

What am I doing here again? Oh yeah!

Fave Disney park: When it gets really crowded, I love California Adventure. But ToT is my favorite ride, so Hollywood Studios? Idek, man.

Fave Disney movie: Little Mermaid, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, 101 Dalmatians, Rescuers Down Under (in that order?)

Fave Disney character: Bianca/Elsa/Hercules/Megara/John Barrowman

Other things: I work as a film student, a mostly unpaying gig currently. I have an obsession with Funko Pops! (think bobbleheads), and I host monthly board game nights at my church. My personal total of people I've made addicted to Tickets to Ride is up to three now. pixiedust:

Hey everyone! Curtis (40) here and my DH Lucas (28). I'm the big Disney freak, but Lucas is catching up quickly! I brought him to his very first trip to WDW this past May (after his first DCL cruise in December!). It was actually him who suggested we have our wedding at Disney so we are in January! Very excited!!!:banana::bride: We had the legal ceremony here in DC a few weeks ago so we are legally married now :cool1: We are headed back to WDW next month after we visit my parents too :yay: Can't get enough of the Mouse!:earboy2: Our favorite characters are Chip and Dale (we refer to them as The Boys, hehe). Anyway, just rambling now :laughing:

This is us on the cruise! I'm on the right and Lucas is on the left.

Untitled

Oh my God, this the cutest picture I've ever seen of anyone with Chip and Dale ever.

That is so cool! I hope you two have an awesome anniversary trip.

Okay, I'm finally going to introduce myself in here! =D

My name is Amber, I'm 20 years old and I live in Michigan. Well, sorta. See, I married my beautiful wife Marie (MarieLightning on the disboards) on April 20, 2012 and now I'm going through the super fun process of immigration to Canada. I stay with her in Quebec when I don't work (which is most of the year, so that we can be together). I also spend a few odd weeks here and there in Michigan for purposes of not looking like I live in Canada instead of the U.S. (bad for Canadian immigration). My summers are spent entirely in Michigan though, from May until September because I work at an amusement park there.

We've always been Disney fans but we took our first Disney World trip together this past November and it was amazing. Seriously, such an amazing week and we can't wait to go back again. We're planning a trip to WDW in April 2014 right around our anniversary (April 20th) and a 'weekend trip' to DLP in September.

My favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast, Tangled and Cars (1 and 2). My favorite princess is Belle and my favorite WDW park is Epcot.

Here's a picture of the two of us on our Disney trip. I'm the one in the blue.

90e42e42-99d2-4087-bf22-0eb19a7de98b_zpscab2f31e.jpg

Can I just say that I've loved all of your trip reports between the two of you?! I unabashedly read them quite often.

Hey Guys my name is Lomew.I am from Australia.I am 25 years old.As become a new user on this forum its my wish to participate positively on this forum and get more knowledge from that discussion area.Thanks a lot!!

Hi folks,

I’m Al - not new to the Dis, but waking up from hibernation and looking to find pals on the GLBT section (I mostly haunt the dining board).

I live in Cambridge, MA with my DBF. I’ve been to WDW 8 times (Universal twice) since I was 9; I’m 36 now. It’s my happy place for sure – feels more like home than my own place does. DBF had never been before he met me, but he’s enjoyed our two WDW trips together enough to agree to our first DLR trip for Gay Days this October.

Favorite Park: MK (but I love AK and EP WS too)
Favorite Ride: POTC (as a kid it was the tea cups)
Ride that makes me most motion sick: TT
Favorite movie: Finding Nemo
Favorite Prince: Aladdin
Favorite Princess: Belle
Favorite Villain: Ursula
Favorite resort I’ve stayed at: AKL (I want to try them all at some point, no repeats yet)
Favorite resort I wish to stay at: BWI
Favorite Disney Snack: too many to choose, but today I’ll say any cupcake from Starring Rolls in DHS

I’d love to connect with other glbt DISers in my area for hangouts – I don’t have any Disney loving pals in this part of the world and def. hope to participate in a Dis meet at Disneyland in the fall.

Me on our last trip, 2011:

Hi folks,

I’m Al - not new to the Dis, but waking up from hibernation and looking to find pals on the GLBT section (I mostly haunt the dining board).

I live in Cambridge, MA with my DBF. I’ve been to WDW 8 times (Universal twice) since I was 9; I’m 36 now. It’s my happy place for sure – feels more like home than my own place does. DBF had never been before he met me, but he’s enjoyed our two WDW trips together enough to agree to our first DLR trip for Gay Days this October.

Favorite resort I’ve stayed at: AKL (I want to try them all at some point, no repeats yet)
Favorite Disney Snack: too many to choose, but today I’ll say any cupcake from Starring Rolls in DHS

I’d love to connect with other glbt DISers in my area for hangouts – I don’t have any Disney loving pals in this part of the world and def. hope to participate in a Dis meet at Disneyland in the fall.

Welcome! I love your shirt!

abminer said:
Hi folks,

http://s265.photobucket.com/user/ab...fd84552e-7355-4a46-b993-4d1002d19581.jpg.html

Hey there,

Fellow DISer here in Boston. Jay here :-)

Hi Everyone!

I am brand new to posting here. I joined the board officially a few years ago but have been too shy to post I guess until now. :)

My DP and I are booked for our first Disney Cruise next January so I thought it would be a great time to get to know some fellow Disney fans on the forums. As we don't have any children I was hoping we could meet other LGBTQ folks who may be traveling on the cruise as well.

Anywho, my username is pretty much what it says (my name). I grew up in Southern California in a small community but have been living in San Francisco and Northern California for the past 14 years. My DP and I will be celebrating 10 years together this December. I am much more the Disney Nerd but he enjoys it in doses. :D

As I live in California my favorite park is the original: Disneyland! It has a special place in my heart as I grew up going there. My favorite attraction is The Haunted Mansion, no question. We also usually stay at the Grand Californian Hotel. It is such a beautiful property and so convenient to the parks. I have an AP so I try and make it as much as I can throughout the year. Last visit was in May for the 24 Hour Rock Your Disney Side Event.

I have been to DisneyWorld twice (once in 2005 and once in 2010). We plan on going to WDW again before the cruise next year for a few days. I cannot wait to check out the new Fantasyland!

Favorite Disney Movie is tie between Lady & the Tramp and Sleeping Beauty. Though some of the newer ones are moving up on my list (Princess & the Frog, Frozen, Wreck It Ralph). Not sure about favorite characters...so many to choose from. Favorite princesses are Aurora and Tiana.

I am also a big Vinylmation collector. It's gotten a bit out of control!

Looking forward to meeting you all! :hug:

Hi Everyone! I am brand new to posting here. I joined the board officially a few years ago but have been too shy to post I guess until now. :) My DP and I are booked for our first Disney Cruise next January so I thought it would be a great time to get to know some fellow Disney fans on the forums. As we don't have any children I was hoping we could meet other LGBTQ folks who may be traveling on the cruise as well. Anywho, my username is pretty much what it says (my name). I grew up in Southern California in a small community but have been living in San Francisco and Northern California for the past 14 years. My DP and I will be celebrating 10 years together this December. I am much more the Disney Nerd but he enjoys it in doses. :D As I live in California my favorite park is the original: Disneyland! It has a special place in my heart as I grew up going there. My favorite attraction is The Haunted Mansion, no question. We also usually stay at the Grand Californian Hotel. It is such a beautiful property and so convenient to the parks. I have an AP so I try and make it as much as I can throughout the year. Last visit was in May for the 24 Hour Rock Your Disney Side Event. I have been to DisneyWorld twice (once in 2005 and once in 2010). We plan on going to WDW again before the cruise next year for a few days. I cannot wait to check out the new Fantasyland! Favorite Disney Movie is tie between Lady & the Tramp and Sleeping Beauty. Though some of the newer ones are moving up on my list (Princess & the Frog, Frozen, Wreck It Ralph). Not sure about favorite characters...so many to choose from. Favorite princesses are Aurora and Tiana. I am also a big Vinylmation collector. It's gotten a bit out of control! Looking forward to meeting you all! :hug: Here I am with one of my all time favorite characters! Robin Hood was such a treat to find (from last year). Here is one of us from a few weeks ago at the 'Rock Your Disney Side Event' at DL. My DP and I went as Wreck-It-Ralph (him) and Fix-It-Felix (me). So much fun!

Welcome!! And great pics!

Hi all.

I have already done one introduction over in another thread but I thought I would introduce myself here to this part of the community with a picture... Maybe one day we may get to connect and meet up with new friends.

My name is Mark (incase the username didn't give it away) and my favourite character is Stitch. Funny story, my DHs name is Marc - note with a 'c' it makes a huge difference :P We live in the UK.

We have been together since 2006 and married (well strictly speaking, Civil Partnered here in the UK) since 2012. Our first Disney vacation was back in 2007 where we also invested in DVC together :-)

Since then we have visited WDW twice, Anaheim and Paris 4 times and our busy planning our next visit to Paris in October and WDW in September 2015.

Some of my favourites:
Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom.
Favourite Attraction: Tower of Terror
Favourite Show: Fantasmic (Like one of the DisUnplugged presenters, it also manages to make me cry every time!)
Favourite Disney Film: Beauty and the Beast - I still remember the feeling I got when I first saw it!
Favourite Princess: Belle, naturally.
Favourite Villain: MALEFICENT and there really is no contest!

Marc and I with the main mouse! (I'm the guy on the right)
4a998da4-7253-4f3b-8e41-cf4e9bdb5f8d.jpg

Our wedding Day
c6416d8e-782e-4afc-8f95-03f9d1b5927f.jpg

Waiting for the Dreams show during our most recent visit to DLP with Tod and Copper
e2739162-46a4-4ae0-93eb-25a6f01f80e0.jpg

Hi guys, well im from uk, 24 and a big disney fan and looking to meet other gay guys who love disney- going back in 2015 and cant wait - super excited- pic of my cheeky smile will follow as soon as i earn my ears ;) so dont be shy n come say Hi :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter