New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

chwgmjay

I think your giraffe is being towed.
There has been discussion about starting a new, merged, "Introduce yourself" and "What do you look like?" thread... So I thought I'd help out our favorite Mod by doing so... :)

So, here's the deal... please introduce yourself to the gang and post a pic. We promise to be nice and not laugh at you. ;)

(It takes 10 posts to be able to post your picture, so if you don't have enough posts yet, remeber to come back once you do!)

Please include your name, an explaination of your username, where you live, where you have lived in the past, marital/dating status, favorite Disney park, favorite Disney movie, favorite Disney prince or princess, and favorite Disney character (and anything else you'd like to share).

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I guess I get to go first, since I started the thread...

My name is Jay. :)

My username comes from a combination of an abreviation for a group I help run, my position in the group, and my first name.

I'm in Minneapolis, and have lived in Minnesota (Twin cities area), Iowa (QC area), Wisconsin (Madison), South Dakota (Sioux Falls), and Illinois (Chicago).

I am 30 and single.

Fave Disney Park changes pretty frequently, but pretty much anywhere at Disney World and I'm happy.

Favorite Disney Movie is Toy Story 3... but to tell you the truth, I've never seen the other 2. LOL

Favorite Disney prince is the prince from Snow White...

And my favorite Disney character is Tigger!

Speaking of Tigger; here's me (I'm *NOT* tigger) ;)

IMG_0185.JPG by CHWgmJAY, on Flickr

I'm Ted, "Deadrobot" around the web.

My username comes from an Isaac Asimov book: The Caves Of Steel. I've been online since before you got your first email via your phone. I'm ancient.

I'm in Toronto and live with my husband of 4 years (together for 7). He taught me that you could love Disney at any age when he brought me to The World for the first time back in 2005.

We spend our time between Disney trips by watching old 50s & 60s Disney live action movies (with some animated flicks in there too). Yeah, we're that old.

Favorite Disney movie: toss up between The Black Hole (I could write a book on it) and Wall*E (do Pixar movies count?).

Fave character: Baloo
Fave villain: Jafar (love the Joan Crawford shoulders)
Fave Ride: Tower of Terror

Want to know more? I have a site at Deadrobot.com. I steal time from work as much as I can.

Blast from the Past - I'm on the right by deadrobot, on Flickr

I'm David, 29 year-old Florida native (although I lived in Maine for about 10 years as well). I worked for the mouse for close to 11 years, but am currently unemployed. I have been with my partner for closing in on 10 years.

My favorite WDW parks are Epcot and DAK. I love Epcot for the atmosphere (and alcohol), and DAK because I'm a big animal person. I have a dog, 4 cats, a macaw, a conure, an african grey, 2 budgies, and 3 lovebirds :p

My favorite Disney movie was always TRON, and I was very happy with TRON: Legacy (although the first is still my fave). My favorite character is Maleficent!

Here's a picture of me last Memorial day at the Parliament House when I was there with fmelchor and a bunch of friends. We went to go see Jujubee and Jessica Wild perform, and had a blast!

27824_424107433337_519343337_5682485_5366111_n.jpg

I'm not a frequent poster, but I thought I'd reintroduce myself.
My name is Jane and I drag my kids to WDW at least once every two years. My hubby stays home and fishes since he doesn't like WDW. Too bad for him.
My screen name is just an abbreviation of all our names together and we live in a ranch house. Nothing too imaginative.

I'm a lunch room lady (a nice one) at one of our local high schools.

My favorite park is Magic Kingdom, but my boys love Epcot. Still trying to get them to go on roller coasters.

My favorite character is Jiminy Cricket. Not a very popular one, but I love his song.

I have gone to WDW solo and have had a great time. It was so easy to talk to everyone and enjoy every moment there.

30883_1439092224289_1442541600_31137545_1520500_n.jpg

Before we get too far into this, I am going to unstick the other two threads. But in the name of history, and there is a ton on both of them, I will link them here if anyone ever wants to go back for a good laugh!

The what do you look like thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1789043

And the introduce yourself thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1679078

And if you don't mind, and are curious, I would like to take this chance to give you a little history about this area of the Dis.

A few years ago someone started a GLBT thread on the Community board. It was an instant hit! Two brave folks (Viki and Rick) asked the Webmasters for a whole new area of the Dis for GLBT folks, and it was approved! Over the years political debates have happened (Back when that was allowed) Weddings were planned, babies made, vacations planned and shared, jokes, inuendos, and tons of "coffee talk"! But one thing has remained the same.

We have a safe environment here for the GLBT folks who love Disney to hang on a daily basis!

And dare I say, quite a few cherished friendships have happened because of it!

Enjoy!

Oooo! Oooo! I'll play!

My name is Mark

My username is a German word meaning 'a witness in time'. It was the name of a blog I wrote in daily for over 10 years. Used it a lot as a screen name, Zeity is a nickname, etc.

I live in Dallas, Texas with my cute as hell partner, Steven. We've been together over 4 years. We bought our first home last year, have a dog named Max (he's part Shar Pei and German Shepherd). I'm 45 *cough* years old, Steven's 35. We're both artist. I draw and he paints. I play the piano. We're both a part of the DFW Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

We're huge Disneydorks and proud of it. We'll be the ones in Disney tshirts, Ears, Lanyards and anything else we can put on our body, while at the parks. :)

Fave Disney Park has been and always will be Disneyland, so that makes me a minority here I guess. :) I've been a few times to WDW and love it, but my heart will always be on the West coast.

Favorite Disney Movie is hands down would have to be Up. It's changed over the years, but once Up came out, I was hooked and watch it constantly.

Favorite Disney prince Don't really have one. Don't really have a favorite princess either for that matter. I love the films, but none that I would consider a favorite.

Favorite Disney Character would have to be Eeyore. Steven's would be Malificent.

Here's a few pics:

Steven's on the left, I'm on the right. We finally got our Club 33 ears!
5054712174_e1a0d0db4f.jpg

First time we found a Photopass person that suggested kissing in front of the Castle at Disneyland. Of course, it was Gay days.
5056492327_76c4b698a6.jpg

Now, that's pretty dorky...
5054714440_f82145472a.jpg

Me too Me too!!!

Hi Everyone Im Jim or James or "James Roger Smith... you get here now" (only to my mom when she is really mad!!)

My username is easy - Im Jim and I'm really thin!! (coughs)

I Currently live in on the south coast of England in a town called Brighton, which is a real holiday town with its own pier etc. I Was born on the south coast then moved to London to make my fortune and meet a man!!!

8 years ago I met my husband in my local (straight!) bar and it was lust at first sight. I thought he was walking past me cause he liked what he saw - he actually had a week bladder and I was sitting on his route to the bathroom. But despite this start we are still together today.

We got married 18 months ago and thanks to all the help from these boards we had the most amazing disneymoon imaginable. it was our first trip to the world and a childhood fanatasy of my DH. Needless to say I am now the disneyfreak in the relationship spending way to much time researching and saving for our next trip.

We have just bought our first house together and share it with our two rescue dogs - Hunny, a shar-pei german shepherd cross(who would believe that!) and Tilly - a brain damaged Yorkshire Terrier both of whom give us loads of love and fun!!

Favorite Disney Park for me would have to be Epcot - its all the food - and for my Dh its Animal kingdom - he loves his animals.

Favourite disney movie has to be Hocus Pocus - dont ask me why it just brings out the old crone in me!!!

Favorite disney prince would have to be my very own prince charming!

Favorite disney characters would have to be Pooh(me) and Tigger (DH)

here are a couple of pics of us....

on our wedding day...

beachsnog.jpg

and on hunnymoon!!!
tigger.jpg
[/IMG]

My name is Ann
My user name is from the first initial of each of my kids' names and I'm mama (DP is mommy)
I live in Rochester, NY and have almost my whole life except for a 4 year stint in Boston after college

I have been with my DP (koolaidmoms on the DIS) for 17 years and we will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this coming May

My favorite Disney Park is Epcot, partly because of the countries and partly because it was the first park DP and I went to when we went on our honeymoon in 1996. We rode Spaceship Earth and cried. We got our picture taken with Goofy (and cried)

Favorite Disney Movie - The original Parent Trap.

Favorite Disney Princess - I've been thinking about this one. It has to be Tiana. She's independent, hardworking and is not waiting for the Prince to fix everything for her.

Favorite Disney Character - Goofy, see above.

Other: we have 2 human children pictured with us below I'm the grownup on the right standing behind G. The other picture is our canine son "Rufous". He is our 2nd St. Bernard. He's 8 and from a broken home. His mom and dad split and mom couldn't take him with her and dad didn't want him. So we got him last year He's awesome. We also have a cat. He showed up on our doorstep about 2 weeks before we got the dog.

We all love Disney because it's one week of separating from reality and just having fun together.

Image0046.jpg

RufusNov2009002.jpg

Hi! My name's Steve.

I've used my username, wcpamotm, off and on over the years. It stands for We Can Put A Man On The Moon (but we can't ________). Fill in the blank with your own favorite thing that should be incredibly simple to accomplish but which still eludes us.

Was born in Orlando and spent some childhood years in nearby Apopka. Alas, we moved out here to Houston, TX shortly after Walt's Big Announcement, and have lived here ever since.

I met my partner in '97. He was chatting with an acquaintence from my gym, and I joined in the conversation. I'd just come back from my first Gay Days, and I talked up the great time I'd had that weekend. Little did I realize at the time that I was preaching to the bishop! He would end up visiting Disney 4 times that year, the last of which was kind of a honeymoon for us at Dixie Landings.

Our brick is still accessible! It's under the left ticket machine tent at the TTC, behind one of the machines.

Here's me during our Dec 2010 trip:
IMG_1559a-1.jpg

And the two of us from a year earlier:
598-1.jpg

Hi everyone,

My name is Brett and my friends call me Bretty. My user name comes from that - as a child (well til I was about 28 actually) I thought I would become a superstar -so jokingly I came up with brettystar for email etc years ago and it has stuck.
I live in Sydney Australia with my partner Justin. We are visiting WDW in May/June this year to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I have been to Disneyland twice before but never WDW. We are very excited. Therefore, Magic Kingdom is so far my favourite park to date. Though I loved Tower of Terror in DCA too.
For reasons close to my heart Snow White definitely is my favourite princess and for nostalgic reasons I will select it as my favourite film too. SW was my first childhood icon - but as I have grown up I have gone from Princess to Queen and have a tattoo of the Wicked Queen on my right bicep.
In other news I love theatre, am a Personal Assistant and definitely am not a superstar LOL.
aaaaaame.jpg

Hey there! I'm Rob. My partner Scott and I live in the Orlando area. Most of you already know WAY too much about my life from the Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding thread, so I won't bore you with any more detail.

Here's a recent photo of us on New Year's Eve:
NYERobandScott.jpg

My favorite park is Epcot, especially during the Food and Wine Festival.

My favorite attraction is the Adventurers Club, and I still miss it very much despite it having been closed over two years ago.

Well hello!

My name is Franklyn and my name comes from the fact that I travel for work. (Not because I go to WDW about 1-2x/year but now that I think of it NYC2theWorld does make sense in that regard!)

I currently and have always lived in Northern New Jersey and despite its high Cost of Living I'm not sure there's any other place I'd want to live...Well maybe Golden Oak...anybody have a couple of mill to spare? :cloud9:

As for my job, I currently work for a marketing company that specializes in retail sales and product training and the client I'm assigned to is a major software company. Thus I travel all over the US (maybe once in a blue moon international...go to go to Manila for work last year).

My favourite disney park is EPCOT Center for a number of reasons.
1-Its for adults with that Disney Magic...I love different cultures and thus love World Showcase. After that is MGM Studios because of the street performers from 1950s Hollywood and Tower of Terror to this day is the only ride I get so afraid of being on but after my first ride of the day on it, I'm always super excited and want to ride it again and again.

Favourite Disney Movie...This is a hard one. Its easy to go with the Pixars because they are so recent and what they did with Wall-E (i.e. lack of script compared to other movies is amazing) but forgetting some of the Disney Canon movies is also unacceptable...I have to admit, the Princess and the Frog holds a special meaning in my heart because she was the first Disney Princess that actually worked for what she wanted and while she had a savior in the end with Prince Nadeem, she was an A-type personality.

Disney Princess - Princess Tiana as it was the first one that taught girls..."Having a prince is awesome but you can work on making your dreams come true too"

Disney Charater - All the evil charaters. Though last year I had a great time with the Queen of Hearts in MK. I went in line to get a picture with her and unlike all the other disrespectful little people, I actually bowed and she was all flirtatious with me...that was awesome!!!

Oh...Last but not least. I is single!

IMG_0226.JPG

OK, Jay. I will introduce myself. Again. But no photos because I am too lazy to upload one. Feel free to look at the pics in my last trip report. I still look like that. ;)

I'm Elizabeth, 40. Straight. Married. Mom to DS15. Tireless crusader for equality.

Tim Burton is my soulmate, hence my screen name.

Favorite park is MK. :love:

Went to Gay Days in '10, LOVED it, going back for '11! :dance3:

This is Dan and Nick. I (Dan) am on you're left with the gray shirt. Nick and I met here on the DIS and are now living together after almost two years. I am 21 years older than Nick... gulp. ;)
I have been to Disneyland over 50 times and to Walt Disney World 13 now. Nick has been to WDW 6 times or so and bought into DVC. He has been to Disneyland twice now.
We will be going to DL for Valentines Day Weekend.
We both love movies though different genres so it is interesting.
We both love travel and the National and State parks so will spend much time on the road.
We just completed his move from Virginia right before Christmas. I flew out and we drove back with a couple of stops for sight seeing.
We are not sure when we are going back to WDW though. :(

IMG_9412.jpg

IMG_9083.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter