New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

Thought id say hi and reintroduce myself. Im Lee

Been away from these forums for several years. Was last on about the time i joined Disney as a Cultural Representative from the UK back in 2009.

Now that its been a few years since being in WDW, and while Disney has always been with me, buying my first home and getting a regular career has taken priority.

Here's me with my dear friend Michelle, back when i worked in the UK Pavilion, all those years ago (a good 4 now) Second pic is me now but I've aged a bit now :p

30903_395531375266_6851207_n.jpg

542437_10151807572630175_521898385_n.jpg

Im now wanting to get right back with the awesome people and communities that these sites bring.

Hello fellow Brit!:wave2:

Hi there. My name is Jordan and I live in Orlando. I did a CP in 2006 and have been an annual passholder ever since. This past August I took my first trip out to DLR which was AWESOME! If anyone needs any tips/feedback on DLR let me know I took lots of notes while I was there. Or if you have questions about WDW I'd be glad to answer as I get to the parks about once a week :)

320883_10101365638785741_1603913680_n.jpg

Hello all,

I've been part of DISboards.com for awhile now, but I haven't posted much. I've been tasked with planning our family's WDW vacation that's happening in September, so I may be posting a little bit more frequently this year! :thumbsup2

As a kid, I never went to a Disney Park. My first experience was at DLR right after I graduated from high school. Shortly after that, I did the WDW College Program in Spring '02. I was a Merchandise Host at DHS. I've been hooked ever since.

Growing up in a fairly conservative family and area (Utah Mormon suburbia), I struggled with being gay. I didn't really come out until I was close to 20 years old. It's cheesy to say this, but Disney Parks helped me figure out who I was. I learned a lot about myself while doing the College Program. The messages in a lot of the Parks' nighttime shows, parades, music, etc., really struck a chord with me. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has felt this way?! :cool2:

To answer the thread's questions -

Name: Steven

Username: Loeber (It's in reference to a musician that I've followed since the 90s, Lisa Loeb, haha.)

Where You Live: Salt Lake City, Utah

Where You Have Lived: I've grown up in Utah; although, I briefly lived in Southern Cali and Orlando when I did the College Program.

Martial Status: I've been with my partner for 7 years (see photo below).

Favorite Park: That's a tough one...I'd probably say Epcot because of World Showcase and IllumiNations.

Favorite Movie: I have a hard time with "favorites" questions...The Great Mouse Detective and Pinocchio are at the top of my list.

Favorite Prince/Princess: Eh, I don't really have one.

Favorite Character: Probably Wall-E (Disney/Pixar)

16001316297_30ffd40fa1_z.jpg

15999664868_1ca2451019_z.jpg

Hi there. My name is Jordan and I live in Orlando. I did a CP in 2006 and have been an annual passholder ever since. This past August I took my first trip out to DLR which was AWESOME! If anyone needs any tips/feedback on DLR let me know I took lots of notes while I was there. Or if you have questions about WDW I'd be glad to answer as I get to the parks about once a week :)

320883_10101365638785741_1603913680_n.jpg

Heya, Jordan, it's nice to see another CPer on here! What did you do? Where did you work? I was a Merchandise Host at DHS....Spring 2002.

The last time I was at WDW was in 2011, so I may turn to you if I have questions that come up...I'm planning our family's WDW vacation for September.

Welcome!

Living in Oregon here, so you are kinda like neightbors. hahaha

Great pics. you two are adorable together.

Just started planning my WDW trips as well. Planning on Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend in November and Maybe Dopey for the Marathon Weekend if I decide not to take my trip around the world to visit each of the parks.

Hello all,

I've been part of DISboards.com for awhile now, but I haven't posted much. I've been tasked with planning our family's WDW vacation that's happening in September, so I may be posting a little bit more frequently this year! :thumbsup2

As a kid, I never went to a Disney Park. My first experience was at DLR right after I graduated from high school. Shortly after that, I did the WDW College Program in Spring '02. I was a Merchandise Host at DHS. I've been hooked ever since.

Growing up in a fairly conservative family and area (Utah Mormon suburbia), I struggled with being gay. I didn't really come out until I was close to 20 years old. It's cheesy to say this, but Disney Parks helped me figure out who I was. I learned a lot about myself while doing the College Program. The messages in a lot of the Parks' nighttime shows, parades, music, etc., really struck a chord with me. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has felt this way?! :cool2:

To answer the thread's questions -

Name: Steven

Username: Loeber (It's in reference to a musician that I've followed since the 90s, Lisa Loeb, haha.)

Where You Live: Salt Lake City, Utah

Where You Have Lived: I've grown up in Utah; although, I briefly lived in Southern Cali and Orlando when I did the College Program.

Martial Status: I've been with my partner for 7 years (see photo below).

Favorite Park: That's a tough one...I'd probably say Epcot because of World Showcase and IllumiNations.

Favorite Movie: I have a hard time with "favorites" questions...The Great Mouse Detective and Pinocchio are at the top of my list.

Favorite Prince/Princess: Eh, I don't really have one.

Favorite Character: Probably Wall-E (Disney/Pixar)

16001316297_30ffd40fa1_z.jpg

15999664868_1ca2451019_z.jpg

Skipping Marathon Weekend for the first time in 5 years.
So posting a pics from my last WDW trip on Labor Day. And one of my Favorites from DL half weekend.

Heya, Jordan, it's nice to see another CPer on here! What did you do? Where did you work? I was a Merchandise Host at DHS....Spring 2002. The last time I was at WDW was in 2011, so I may turn to you if I have questions that come up...I'm planning our family's WDW vacation for September.

Hi there! I was custodial at DHS (MGM back then :)) in 2006. I then stayed on as a campus rep for a few years until I finished school. Please feel free to ask away!

BTW September is a great time to go! Usually not a ton of refurbishments and lighter crowds.

Hi there! I was custodial at DHS (MGM back then :)) in 2006. I then stayed on as a campus rep for a few years until I finished school. Please feel free to ask away!

BTW September is a great time to go! Usually not a ton of refurbishments and lighter crowds.

Aww, yes, the good old days of MGM. :) I worked what they called "right block"...right side of Hollywood Blvd - some retail shops but also the stroller/ECV rentals (Oscar's Super Service!) and package pickup. It was a fun experience. I sometimes wonder if I should have gone back to do one of their professional internships.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the removal of the Hat.

Aww, yes, the good old days of MGM. :) I worked what they called "right block"...right side of Hollywood Blvd - some retail shops but also the stroller/ECV rentals (Oscar's Super Service!) and package pickup. It was a fun experience. I sometimes wonder if I should have gone back to do one of their professional internships. I'd be interested to know what you think of the removal of the Hat.

I have kind of mixed feelings about it. I went to studios for the first time when I started my CP in 2006 so I've only known the park with the hat. I've seen pictures of the park before the hat and Hollywood Blvd. definitely looked more impressive and more "Hollywood" with the theater as the backdrop. I didn't really like that the hat only served as a pin shop either-space is limited to what you can do with it, but every other icon is so much more than a merch location.

But, I think it was nice to have a centralized Icon that could be seen throughout the park. It made giving directions much easier (especially because no matter what language a guest spoke, they seemed to understand "big hat"...Chinese Theater or Great Movie Ride might not be as recognizable to first time guests). It was also good for marketing purposes because it was easy to identify and made sense to use with the 3 other WDW icons. And I liked how it added a "magic of the movies" theme to the park.

But ultimately I'm happy with it, happy without it. I'm just glad they're going to be investing in the park and bringing in new attractions. What do you think?

Nice to see this thread active again!

Was down in Disney 11/30-12/6, and I already miss it! Trying to convince the partner to go down for a weekend for Star Wars Weekends. We have a free flight/hotel stay I won (not on Disney property, sadly), so I'm trying to convince him we should use it for that :cool1:

I have kind of mixed feelings about it. I went to studios for the first time when I started my CP in 2006 so I've only known the park with the hat. I've seen pictures of the park before the hat and Hollywood Blvd. definitely looked more impressive and more "Hollywood" with the theater as the backdrop. I didn't really like that the hat only served as a pin shop either-space is limited to what you can do with it, but every other icon is so much more than a merch location.

But, I think it was nice to have a centralized Icon that could be seen throughout the park. It made giving directions much easier (especially because no matter what language a guest spoke, they seemed to understand "big hat"...Chinese Theater or Great Movie Ride might not be as recognizable to first time guests). It was also good for marketing purposes because it was easy to identify and made sense to use with the 3 other WDW icons. And I liked how it added a "magic of the movies" theme to the park.

But ultimately I'm happy with it, happy without it. I'm just glad they're going to be investing in the park and bringing in new attractions. What do you think?

Yeah, I feel similar to how you do I suppose, but I did my CP in 2002 (this was also the first time I'd ever been to WDW), right when the "100 Years of Magic" celebration started, so the Hat symbolizes that whole time period for me. I get that it was never meant to be a permanent icon, but it's the only icon I've ever known, so I will miss it. I remember many-a-nights closing the park, walking up Hollywood Blvd with the Hat all lit up. It lit up that whole area quite nicely and helped me locate any abandoned ECVs that had died, haha.

Yeah, I feel similar to how you do I suppose, but I did my CP in 2002 (this was also the first time I'd ever been to WDW), right when the "100 Years of Magic" celebration started, so the Hat symbolizes that whole time period for me. I get that it was never meant to be a permanent icon, but it's the only icon I've ever known, so I will miss it. I remember many-a-nights closing the park, walking up Hollywood Blvd with the Hat all lit up. It lit up that whole area quite nicely and helped me locate any abandoned ECVs that had died, haha.

I did like it at night! I liked how the whole icon area had twinkle lights in the trees and on the hat. It was nice to walk around that area while most people were down on Sunset.

Hopefully they'll have some new things in place for your trip in September! I'll be going out to DLR around that time. I'm excited to see what they do for the 60th!

Hey friends,

I need your help. I want to apply for the CR program for Germany in Epcot and I have to write a letter of motivation and a resume.
I have never written one in the US style and don't really know how to write it.
Does anyone want me to help?

Nice to see this thread active again!

Was down in Disney 11/30-12/6, and I already miss it! Trying to convince the partner to go down for a weekend for Star Wars Weekends. We have a free flight/hotel stay I won (not on Disney property, sadly), so I'm trying to convince him we should use it for that :cool1:

You must FORCE them to come...not ask! Literally had to DRAG but once there the mood changes and they become happy lol - most definitly worth it and please tell me how Star Wars weekend is I without a doubt want to go one year!!!:hug::hug:

Last edited:
You must FORCE them to come...not ask! Literally had to DRAG but once there the mood changes and they become happy lol - most definitly worth it and please tell me how Star Wars weekend is I without a doubt want to go one year!!!:hug::hug:

Great pics! Were you there during Christmastime this year? We were there 11/30-12/6, it was perfect!

Sadly after looking at our expenses, SWW won't be happening this year. :sad2: We have a wedding to attend in Jamaica next February, so it's time to save... Is it bad I would prefer a Disney trip over a tropical vacation? haha

Great pics! Were you there during Christmastime this year? We were there 11/30-12/6, it was perfect!

Sadly after looking at our expenses, SWW won't be happening this year. :sad2: We have a wedding to attend in Jamaica next February, so it's time to save... Is it bad I would prefer a Disney trip over a tropical vacation? haha

Thanks! Ugh I'm sorry you guys can't make it out this year but guess what next year I might be doing Star Wars Weekend as well!

We did last year:

Disney Magic Kingdom Normal Day
Disney Magic Kingdom Halloween Party - 10/18
Disney Magic Kingdom Christmas Party - 11/20
Disney Magic Kingdom Christmas Party - 11/21

We just missed each other. However, I wore the other out on Disney for a bit :\. However, next year we will be doing star wars weekends - and perhaps animal kingdom.

Oh this was out Halloween Photo too...like I said you must DRAG them lol - when we do Star Wars Weekend I'll make sure to get a Jedi Robe going too. I love theme photos!

Last edited:
So it ends up I did manage to get Star Wars weekend this year mwhaha if you guys are going let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter