New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

Jay2009 said:
Hey Jay! I'm also Jay and in a suburb, just wanted to say hi to a fellow MA person!

Yay to a fellow MA Disney fan who's also named Jay! Feel free to send me a PM anytime to chat some more.

Just saying HI since I am in trip planning mode. LOL

Pat here. Currently in Portland, OR. Moved here about a year and a half ago. Used to live about 2 miles from the house of the mouse in Anaheim!

AP holder for both coasts for the last 4 years. Cheaper to upgrade my Disneyland pass than to buy tickets when we go to WDW for marathon weekend. Totally addicted to the bling of Run Disney. Damn them. :rotfl2:

Travel a lot for work. This will headed to Atlanta, NYC, Seattle, and Boston.

Next Dis-trip will be Thanskgiving week to Disneyland.

Then Dec. 30-Jan. 14th at Disney World. Just need to find me a New Years Eve date now. hahahaha

Pic from the Disneyland 10K (part of the Dumbo Double Dare);

and my favorite race pic:

My name is Andrew and I am the nonfurry character in the photo above. For anyone curious what animal is next to be it is a tamandua (lesser or tree anteater). So about me; I am 29 years old and my soon to be husband, Ryan (wedding's on Saturday) is 27 years old. Our Disney honeymoon is not concrete yet because it all depends if people give us enough money for our wedding. We opted for money towards a Disney honeymoon than gifts. But we have tentative dates in May 2014.

Username: Well, I was going to be eeyore829, but then I realized I already had an account here since 2008 so dramadrew it is!
Where I Live: Hagerstown, MD (hour and half away from Baltimore and DC)
Where I Lived in the Past: Ryan and I both come from Western, NY near Rochester. We started our lives together in Buffalo and will be getting married in their city hall this weekend.
Martial Status: Married very soon!
Favorite Disney Park: As of now, Magic Kingdom. I am a huge animal lover and have never been to Animal Kingdom. So we'll see after our trip.
Favorite Disney Movie: The Lion King
Favorite Disney Princesses: Classic Era ~ Aurora. Modern Era ~ Ariel and Merida.
Favorite Disney Prince: Ryan thinks Prince Phillip is the hottest. I would say Prince Eric, because come on now, a flute?
Favorite Disney Characters: Eeyore, Mary Poppins penguins, Clarebelle Cow, Meeko, Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit.

Welcome Pat. Miss running and sorry I never did the Disney Marathons when I was a runner. Maybe I'll get back to it, as long as the pain is not intense.

Dramadrew, congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals. Enjoy your Honeymoon with the mouse. We sure did. Will be going back in 10 days and can't wait to just celebrate our continued life together.

Hey all,

Haven't posted here in a long time. I'm 32, soon to be 33, still single. Looking for my Disney prince (also being a gamer wouldn't hurt!). Feel free to say hi, I'm pretty friendly.

Hey there! I'm Shelly (26... almost 27) and I've been a disney nut since I was little. I've been to DW about 3-4 times, and grew up in the LA area, so I got to go to DL a lot as a kid. Moved across the country in high school to the midwest. (That was a culture shock, to say the least!)

547434_182365795246267_808518021_n.jpg

After dating long distance for about a year, I decided to move in with my partner in crime, Ace. (Besides, the SF area is so much more welcoming to couples like us- it's night and day.) We've been dating for about a year and a half now and couldn't be more in love. We're going to a bachelorette party in DL this coming March (and decided that APs might be financially better for us in the long run.) and after a minimal amount of begging, decided on a January 2015 vacation to Disneyworld. I run a theatre company and have plans for this Jan, so a year from then is just going to have to do. :yay:
532037_187406001408913_838338238_n.jpg

Fantastic meeting you guys! So happy there is a lot of family on the boards... makes me feel not so alone. :grouphug:

MrPurrrfect said:
something called the world series :scratchin - people seem excited about it

Hahahaha, yes that is true. I have to admit that I too am overtaken by redsox world series fever. Btw, my name ia jay :-)

Hello everyone!

I'm Lindsay, almost 26, a born and raised Texan, and soon-to-be-married to the absolute love of my life in December. Here's a picture of my tiny chicken nugget and myself. (I do mean tiny, I've got a good foot on her when I wear heels!)

6749_10101540315033360_1888394328_n.jpg

We met on Christmas of 2010 (in a bar, no less :rolleyes:) and haven't left each other's side since. We're getting married on 12/21/13 and instead of going on a honeymoon right after have decided to go to WDW and USO in Feburary of 2015! She indulges me mostly, but has started to get excited about rides and food and everything else!

It's lovely to see family on a board like this. Makes me warm and squishy inside. :grouphug: pixiedust: :hug:

Hey there! I'm Shelly (26... almost 27) and I've been a disney nut since I was little. I've been to DW about 3-4 times, and grew up in the LA area, so I got to go to DL a lot as a kid. Moved across the country in high school to the midwest. (That was a culture shock, to say the least!)

Fantastic meeting you guys! So happy there is a lot of family on the boards... makes me feel not so alone. :grouphug:

Oh, oh! How fabulous to see another femme who is my age and rocks the bangs and lipstick! You are ADORABLE.

The midwest is definitely a little off-kilter sometimes (does Texas count as the midwest?) but I love the open space and weird little quirks that come along with it. I've been dying to go to SF! Austin will just have to do for now. ;)

I'm Ali and my wife is Beth; we are Disney fans from New England (Boston), hence the name.

Beth has always lived in MA, I grew up on the West Coast, living in CA and the Pacific Northwest before moving East in 1997.

We've been together for twelve years in February 2014, and just had our seventh wedding anniversary in October 2013.

Beth first went to WDW with her family in 1978, my first trip was with her family in 2004; we took our first trip to DLR together in 2008. We bought into DVC in 2006, and took our honeymoon cruise on the Disney Magic. Next visit is an extended family trip in May/June 2014. :yay:

We both prefer WDW to DLR; I like MK best, while Beth leans to Epcot.

I can't pick a favorite Disney movie; too many to choose from. :confused3

My favorite "princess" is Merida -- if you have to ask why, you didn't see the movie. :love:

I don't think I could name any of the princes except Flynn Rider, so I guess he would be my "favorite." :rolleyes:

2799_77017397015_3919242_n.jpg

My first trip, Beth and I on the far right
May 2004

8d8db331-e8b3-49d5-89ff-3a60e26924bc.jpg

On our "Disneymoon" Cruise
Beth, left; Ali, right

414390_10150623771452016_690053942_o.jpg

Beth loves this photo because they flipped our scores!

2799_77014647015_303049_n.jpg

First trip to the Disneyland Resort

2799_77014642015_7650060_n.jpg

Defending my wife against Captain Hook! (Magic photo at DL)

163712_489956932015_139654_n.jpg

Beth and I "bookending" the extended family on our last trip together.
June 2009

14bd8b07-268d-460e-aea6-e3902d134c5a.jpg

Me on our trip to celebrate my 50th Birthday
March 2012

8406290a-3a93-4b95-9b13-dca4c76b1b71.jpg

Birthday breakfast with Eeyore at the Crystal Palace

Hello all :wave2:

Ali

Hey everyone!

Have been reading the DIS boards for a while but only just joined today after installing the iPad app, (which is excellent by the way!).

So, introductions... I'm Ian and my partner is Andy. We live in Manchester in the UK. We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary in November gone - I'm still waiting for him to pop the question!

I've been a huge Disney fan for all of my life, but only managed my first trip to WDW in 2009, where we bought into DVC at Bay Lake Tower. We've just taken another contract at Beach Club Villas, so we truly have been bitten by the bug!

We'll be visiting in June this year for Gay Days, (we normally visit in September), so looking forward to experiencing a completely different Disney World compared to what we're used to!

Favorite Disney Park: EPCOT
Favorite Disney Movie: Little Mermaid
Favorite Character: Yzma
Favorite Princess: Aurora
Favorite Prince: Eric

Looking forward to getting to know others who share our passion!

Ian

Hey all,
I'm Bruce and new to the boards after spending some time reading and lurking. My partner of almost 2 year and I live in Greensboro NC both working in the food service industry currently. We both have our degrees in Theatre (he in Musical Theatre, mine in Costume Design). I am currently back in school to obtain both a history and education major with the goals to teach high school in the future.

My first trip to Disney was in August 1997 (during the 25th Anniversary) I turned 9 years old during the trip!
My next trip was with My Boy Scout Troop in 2000, and ask me all about my experience getting lost... It's a fun story in hind sight.
The last time I was in Disney was in Dec 2003 for my mothers 40th birthday! we stayed at the time newly opened Pop Century and was my first time staying on site.
Now I am planning a trip for my Partners 30th in May! His mother is a DVC member and we are surprising him with the trip!

Here are a few pictures I had from my trip 10 years ago:

And this is from a Community Theatre Production of Beauty and the Beast I was in in High School, I am the one with the hand on my hat.

And Finally my Partner and I

Favorite Disney Movie: Ugh TOO MANY CHOICES, I love Mary Poppins, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, The Great Mouse Detective, Beauty and The Beast, Hercules & The Little Mermaid
Favorite Prince : Beast (though not in human form) or Prince Phillip, he has the best style.
Favorite Princess: Belle or Ariel
Favorite Villain: Ursula ( especially as Vanessa) and Scar
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom

Hello everyone! As you can see by my post count, I'm very new to the site! Once I hit double digits, I promise to come back and post a photo! There is one of my partner and I as my avatar, but I'll post a bigger one when I can.

My name is Ricky, and my username is pretty much just my name. Boring, I know. Born and raised in Massachusetts!

I've been dating my partner for over three years now (October will be four! My how time flies...). We met during a production of RENT he was directing (we both do tons of community theater!). We hit it off at the cast party, shared a kiss, made dinner plans, and here we are! Planning our first Disney trip together :)

My favorite park will always be the Magic Kingdom. That feeling of excitement walking down Main Street just can't be beat.

My favorite Disney movie is Peter Pan, and has been since I was a kid! I just love the story. It's actually my favorite ride at Disney World as well (and probably my favorite ride ever! I love roller coasters, but there's just something about that ride I adore...)

So, that's me! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter